ForumsArt, Music, and WritingCollaboration Competition - Theme: Mead (page 17)

190 47268
Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

Well I know there are plenty of contests about drawing and the Art Skills Competition overshadows most of them leaving to wither away, a few manage survive because of dedicated judges...

So My goal is not to create an art thread based on a single individuals capabilities but rather a contest based on teamwork and communication. So I shall introduce the rules specified to this competition:

1. Entries is to be created between 2 or more individuals, teams sizes do not matter but take in consideration more people usually means more problems...

2.A team must declare its members before it is allowed to post any entries or rough works. Try to have some one post a list of whose in whose team...you can create a team name and even a logo, try to keep it relatively small, 150 by 300 or smaller would be acceptable

3. Team members are not allowed to switch to some one else's team, not until the next theme has be decided.

4. The Art must contain all artists sigs(signatures), that is anyone who contributed to the entry as proof of a collaboration.

5. Teams will have about 2 weeks to post their final entry.

Basic art forum rules apply like original work and no nudity and such...

The winning team will choose the next theme.

This thread will accept rough drafts/unfinished entry posts and support communication between the artists but is not necessary to any collaboration. I'm promoting this because I would like to see discussions related to the topic of the thread rather then other things...though theres a chance of it leading to other things.

Theme One : Dragons

• 190 Replies
Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

And the original is 2200x1500 (2,89 mb)
3,1 MB on my comp as a .jpg, but a more true to the .psd file's size: 50,7 MB as a .png.

And I for one am effing proud of what we did. It's not perfect, of course, but still.
Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

*Stares* *stares* *Blinks* *face palms* *grins* *yells at his teammates* "Gaaah!" *stares at his collab a few pages back* *crys*

Well now that I got over the reaction of your better artiness I must figure out how can I make a good dragon with a team who is being lazy *including my self*

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

*leans back*

Well, what did I say, told everyone to give up earlier on, no one listened; not even myself.

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Yeah, this is all your fault Klaus >:

Where's that poll? I might as well vote just in case everybody assumes the outcome with such certainty that nobody ends up voting xD

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

In my opinion it could use a bit more depth...like by blurring stuff...because it looks like the two headed dragon and Hiccup are at the same level, but then the body of the two headed is at the same thing...

I couldn't draw that though. It's amazing...

Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

The zippleback (the two headed one) is standing right behind Hiccup. Know there's an issue with the perspective, though. I think it's mostly because you can't see the zipple's claws, but also partially because it's just there and we didn't know how to fix it.

There is a bit of 'further back = blurring', but mostly by lack of lineart.

Thanks for the compliment, though. :P

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Yeah the further back stuff looks good how it is...and mind you I wouldn't know how to fix the perspective either. Only way I could think of is by making the very front small dragon and Hiccup's lines bolder...but that would probably ruin it.

I can't remember the names of them! =P

Toothless looks cute. =)

Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

Well, what did I say, told everyone to give up earlier on, no one listened; not even myself

Well theres always next round since everyone loves that rule about not winning more then one round, the champion thing.

Where's that poll? I might as well vote just in case everybody assumes the outcome with such certainty that nobody ends up voting xD

I did mention there was a time extension back a few pages
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Extension or no extension, it looks like only two teams are done and one needs to finalize.

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

By the way, voting isn't open yet, is it?

Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

Well since there is a lack of entries...I might as well make the poll

Ready set GOOO!!!

Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

Well I Have an idea, for those who win the round in some contests they usually have to sit out the next round as a winner, but since we are dealing with teams. I think allowing the members of the winning team to break up and become apart for another team would be more beneficial in keeping this competition alive.

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

I am still somewhat amused you keep forgetting the s...

manny6574
manny6574
922 posts
Nomad

HecticH, was I on your team because I can do this round(couldn't do the dragon round because if work on my site) ?

Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh255/hectichermit/gun.jpg

Cen's pet dragon says Vote

Click the link to go to the poll...hurrah for Image links...thanks 4 the dragon Cenere

Showing 136-150 of 190