ForumsArt, Music, and WritingCollaboration Competition - Theme: Mead (page 17)

190 47407
Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

Well I know there are plenty of contests about drawing and the Art Skills Competition overshadows most of them leaving to wither away, a few manage survive because of dedicated judges...

So My goal is not to create an art thread based on a single individuals capabilities but rather a contest based on teamwork and communication. So I shall introduce the rules specified to this competition:

1. Entries is to be created between 2 or more individuals, teams sizes do not matter but take in consideration more people usually means more problems...

2.A team must declare its members before it is allowed to post any entries or rough works. Try to have some one post a list of whose in whose team...you can create a team name and even a logo, try to keep it relatively small, 150 by 300 or smaller would be acceptable

3. Team members are not allowed to switch to some one else's team, not until the next theme has be decided.

4. The Art must contain all artists sigs(signatures), that is anyone who contributed to the entry as proof of a collaboration.

5. Teams will have about 2 weeks to post their final entry.

Basic art forum rules apply like original work and no nudity and such...

The winning team will choose the next theme.

This thread will accept rough drafts/unfinished entry posts and support communication between the artists but is not necessary to any collaboration. I'm promoting this because I would like to see discussions related to the topic of the thread rather then other things...though theres a chance of it leading to other things.

Theme One : Dragons

• 190 Replies
Possiblelnstability
Possiblelnstability
194 posts
Nomad

Well since there is a lack of entries...I might as well make the poll

Ready set GOOO!!!

NONONONONO!

We still have to enter. I sort of let Cholo down by being sick and doing nothing but sleep the past 3 days. I will finish the entry tonight.
Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

well , you better get it in, today is the last day to submit it...as for voting it will continue until Thursday, I can add more entries to the poll its not problem....

Pedspog
Pedspog
151 posts
Farmer

*Makes first post in years*

You shouldn't start the vote until all entries have been submitted. The vote isn't going to be fair. The current entries will have the extra votes counted before the other entries are even entered.

You gave us an extension, and I thank you for that, but we still have time. The teams that have yet to enter are already at a disadvantage.

*Sends final post for the next few years*

Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

You shouldn't start the vote until all entries have been submitted. The vote isn't going to be fair. The current entries will have the extra votes counted before the other entries are even entered.

Well Sorry for Posting A bit earlier, but I did say today was the last day, and that I know I started the voting early but I am also allowing the voting to continue for longer then I said it would.
Pedspog
Pedspog
151 posts
Farmer

Okay, So how is it fair, for those of us that have not submitted our piece, that the current entries already have a few votes tallied?

Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

ok if you and or any other teams, Submit any entries within the next few hours, that is before 12:00 A.M. Wednesday April 21st, I will restart the poll so everyone will have a fair chance, I know I did start it early so do the other contestants that have submitted their entries but if no one does submit any thing then I will simply let the poll stand as is.

Possiblelnstability
Possiblelnstability
194 posts
Nomad

Very poorly done cause I was rushing to finish it and I can hardly think straight. Oh well.

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj287/CrazyBiker/dragonzcopy.png

Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

oo So did Cholo help out B)

Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

ok its now too late for anymore entries, and Since there was another entry I shall restart the poll...theres only been 10 votes...

plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

I don't think the poll is effective in anyway. The ol' judging method is alright. The poll can easily be rigged, see watch *know how to rig poll*

I just voted for Team Fsjal 3 times in a row.

I don't think you should base your judging off a poll, especially one that uses buttons and stats. If you want to know what everyone thinks, you should ask them. Art isn't about who gets the most votes, it's who's is more artistic (not really a strict definition for art y'know).

Also.......an entry is coming in the mail. This is the first round of this competition, it might not be serious but one more entry won't hurt. Having 3 entries only is no fun. So please rethink how you're going to do this.

Thanks.

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Very poorly done cause I was rushing to finish it and I can hardly think straight. Oh well.

roflroflrofl all I can think of now is Goku saying "Sorry, Kai-sama, this was the only way!"
Possiblelnstability
Possiblelnstability
194 posts
Nomad

I don't think you should base your judging off a poll, especially one that uses buttons and stats. If you want to know what everyone thinks, you should ask them. Art isn't about who gets the most votes, it's who's is more artistic (not really a strict definition for art y'know).

I support this, but only if we drop from first.
plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

Vote for who you want to win the round!

WAIT A MINUTE? WHAT'S THIS?

I smell something funny. >

I support this, but only if we drop from first.

Oh that's alright, I'll just even up the polls.

(just kidding) No but really.......
plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

Oh and if mine Team Alligator MouthWash's entry doesn't come then it's Gantic's fault. I know you probably won't allow entries, but it should still be judged.

Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

I don't think the poll is effective in anyway. The ol' judging method is alright. The poll can easily be rigged, see watch *know how to rig poll*

well if you like to go through all of that, in all fairness I can ask the other people who would like to be a judge because I did not seek to start a contest on the idea of not participating? then the idea of this competition dies, or never exists, then in the end the whole I'm against art being chosen by the majority would simply disappear... I simply want to keep the idea of competition in this thread, rather solely a biased opinion which a single individual will always have an opinion based on his or her own perspective. We leave it to an anonymous public system that will have many opinions, just like the many competitors here.

Oh and if mine Team Alligator MouthWash's entry doesn't come then it's Gantic's fault. I know you probably won't allow entries, but it should still be judged.

Well I did say 2 weeks, and I want to keep some form of punctuality, because I have seen many threads die because of bad scheduling.
Showing 151-165 of 190