The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernThe Zombie Survival Club (READ OP)

518 106619
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

Welcome, Veterans and newcomers! This is the reconstruction of The Zombie Survival Club.

First off, I'll introduce you to some of our staff.
-SkaterKidWhoPwns- This is the guy who is my 2nd in command. If you cannot get to me, go to him and he'll answer questions/comments/concerns.
...We have no other staff? Well then.

READ THE RULES. IF YOU DO NOT IT'S LIKELY YOU'RE NOT GETTING IN.
1. Do not ask "Can I join?" or any other variation of that comment. (instructions on how to join will come soon)
2. Do not make a "Scenario" (will be explained later) unless you are a member.
3. Don't be stupid, use logic and think as if you were in the actual situation. OF course it's unlikely that it will happen, but we ask that all visitors and members be serious and literate.
4. Do not question mod or my/skater's authority (unless a mod directly opposes it)
5. No overly smart-*ss comments against other members, visitors, or your superiors.
6. Do not make a Virus until you are a member. The sheet for making a virus will be given to you upon asking me or skater.
7. DO NOT. ABSOLUTELY NOT, ASK "CAN I JOIN?". I cannot stress this enough.

Now that all the rules are over with, I'll go over some Jargons (slang terms relating to "work&quot that we use here.

Scenario - This is a term we use for a situation that is meant to test the user (as well as give you something to do). These are non-linear, and are generally Hypotheticals. Any MEMBER can make a scenario. Scenarios are generally matched with a previous story/situation and they give the supplies you have on hand. As well as the supplies near you. There's also generally a map that goes with it.

Virus, Parasite, Infection - These are the general types of a zombie virus. If there is not a previous virus that is mentioned before a virus or a plan, it is automatically changed to the current dominant virus (Goliath). Goliath will be explained later in the OP.

Zed - Is the common nickname for Zombie. I.E. "Yo dude I just shot up some Zeds!" Or: "Gah! That d**n ZED bit me!"

Well that's it for the terminology! Here's the dominant virus. It's gone through plenty of tweaking, and I think it's pretty much the most realistic virus in the club (aside from hungers). If no other virus is specified before a Scenario or a plan, this is the virus to be used.
Name - Goliath Syndrome
Type - Parasite
Speed - Leisurely walking speed (2-4 MPH)
Sounds - A mild groan, much like a man/woman in pain. No screaming comes from the virus.
Infection - Infection comes from the cells. If so much as a skin cell gets into you, you'll be quickly infected (aprox. 10-160 minutes, depending on strength and immune system of the user). It contracts a lot like AIDS, but it can be ANY cell, be it secretion or meat.
Hunting - It hunts by smell and hearing. It can't see that well, but strong light in the dark will attract it. Best time to attack one is in the daytime. They can't see in detail but they can see blurry instances of light, I.E., a fire or a flashlight.
Other - Cannot swim. Cannot fly, cannot run, cannot climb.
Believability Factor - Goliath was made in a lab (Codename: Anthemia, which is a prototype of the virus. Can also be used for begginers). It hyper-evolved and infected a rat. THe rat got out and began to infect humans (as well as certain birds, causing the infection to be worldwide). What the parasite does is: It enters the body as an infected cell. From there, it infects all the other cells, coating them in a secretion that fends off any form of decomposer (In short, it makes the immune system of the host really powerful). Then, it randomly selects a cell in the body (it is generally a cell in the torso). It grows to about the size of a human heart. IT then crawls it's way into the brain. IT preforms a lobotomy and hooks into the brain, feeding it with a steady flow of required nutrients and oxygen. It shuts down all other systems besides the lungs and flushes out the blood in the body (the parasite provides the necessities for living brain), and spreads long, muscular tentacles across the zombie's body, becoming a puppeteer. The parasite feeds by slowly eating the host. IT'll take a couple of decades in order for the parasite to starve/suffocate.
Best ways to kill it - A shot to the head, killing either the parasite or the brain. A punctured lung will also kill it, but it'd take a couple of minutes for it to actually die.

How to become a member
First off, you need to make a plan. You have everything you would at home. IT would happen the moment you are typing up the answer. So if it happens at night, then it happened at night, happened at day, it happened at day. For the sake of not-cheating, we'll use AG time.
Then, you have to answer a Scenario. The Scenarios come every couple of pages.
Wait for Both the Plan and the Scenario to be graded. Each member has their own form of grading. Once it's been passed around me and Skater will figure out whether or not to let you in.
If you are not initially let in, do not be disheartened! You have unlimited tries to enter, and all members (should) give you tips to get a better plan.

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Why the hell am I doing this?
Reasons vary. Some people in the club do think the Zompocolypse would actually happen, and some people (like myself) do it for fun and practice for writing. Others do it because they just like killing and surviving zombies, while keeping it pretty realistic.

Can I make a Virus?
Sure, if you give me a comment on my page I'll be happy to give you the layout for the virus.

Can I Join?
Scroll up and read the OP. Do it.

Can I make a Scenario?
If you are a member, sure. Just make sure it's somewhat realistic. There are no real parameters for it, it just has to be a situation. Try and make it hard, too.

I think that's pretty much it! There are a couple of tiddly bits for you guys, though:
Titles/Ranks - A title or a "rank" will be given to you if you do something outstandingly awesome, stupid, weird, or just plain out there while still keeping it realistic. For a list of the ranks/titles, visit my page.
Members - A list of the members can be found on either my, or skater's page.
Discussion - Discussions will be held every now and again, as a stand-in for a Scenario. There will be a topic in BOLD (BOLD, MEMBERS) to let you know what the Discussion is about.
and that is pretty much it.
Now then, have fun everyone!

• 518 Replies
Evilginger
Evilginger
159 posts
Nomad

OMG,this s still doing.A couple of years ago on my old account.(Evilpumpkinman)

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

would I have to read the 10+ pages to get informed?

Nothing is new exactly. Besides the OP.
LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
2,269 posts
Jester

Nothing is new exactly. Besides the OP.

Ah good, well then I'll be checking in some time tomorrow. That's when I'll have some free time to at least post up a scenario or two.
ComradeWolf
ComradeWolf
358 posts
Nomad

mhm.... dotn worry blaze. I was afk as well. So no worries.
As for your scenario now Kyle.

Considering im in a Truck, I would first get a few bouncy balls on the truck. I would place them on both sides of me, to keep zombies at bay, while I hotwire the truck. As that happens, I can suspect the Zombies to be trying to claw thier way through the walls, but it'll keep them at bay and give me enoguh time (geussing these are large rubber balls, about 1 metre in circumfrence)

Then, once I do that, I will drive off, and if any zombies still cling to the side of the truck, push on the toy balls, and send them flying out. Then I shut the door.

Since you said I know where their base is, I need to know a bit mroe of their base.
Otherwise, im goign to improvise, of which I will do now.

*I drive into a warehosue with a fence, and a fence gate, and crash throguh the fence gate*
Then I keep driving, seeing one of them, and I run him over, letting the truck smash into the guy* the truck will protect me a bit*

As the others run inside for cover, I'll drive my truck and try to block their way, running over these "Survivors" as I can.*
I killed 4 survivors, 3 left.
Then, once I do that, I make sure I park right near the dead men I killed, and with the cover of the truck, I exit, and I grab their guns if they have any, of which I think they will. I grab their gun, geussing ones a GSR or something small like that with some ammo I took from the other bodies, and I proceed to the door of the compound. I first grab a rock, I open the door, and I throw the rock in. This, will make the survivors think I have grenades, and they may catch on, but it'll give me a few seconds. There is a table, and I run and flip it over (one of those wooden folding tables)
And I hide behind it. now geussing there is 3 survivors left, I then see if one will try to move over and try to blindside me, but as he does, I keep moving the table up, pushign with my shoulder, and I shoot anyone who comes near. Geussing I shoot one in the shoulder and then in the head to finish him off, 2 try and cricle me, and fire. I roll over the other side of the table now, to avoid being hit. Then Lifting my hand a bit, jsut my hand, I jsut keep doing a blind sweep of bullets, to supress them. With that, I would have probably unjured one, or kept the in cover, I run to a counter they were orignally hiding against, and I grab the dead persons gun, and run with it to the counter, which is about 4 feet away Im geussing.

With that in mind, behind the counter, and with my two guns now, one with mabye one clip, and my original with 2 clips and some bullets already in the gun, I Keep pop shooting them, taking cover when I can, and shooting them as they raise their heads or try to move. Now with that, I'd probabyl shoot one, as they're doing the same. I'd shoot one in the head would be a likely possibilty, with the others trying to move in a frenzied pattern now to get into better cover. But, as I expose myself, I'd probabyl be shot in the side, and I'd crawl to the side of this counter. Then, with msot of my energy, I would stay put, and make him think Im dead. As he goes to wait for a bit, and then he goes to check my body, I would have one of the guns around my lower abdomen, and as he just enters, I fire point blank at him. Now injured, I would probably see if they had toilet paper, geussing there is a washroom, as this is a former employee's lounge. I would check the washrooms, and ifne toiletpaper. I would then wrap a huge amount of it, saying there is a oll or so, and collect it. Then, I would use bit of spare from it, and clean the bullet wound. With that done for now, I would run to their bodies, check if one of them had a knife, and then I would cut off some of thier fabric. Now one of them ought to have a lighter probably, or find one in thel ounge, as it shouldnt be too hard to find one. I take the lighter, with soem cloth I cut off, and I burn it onto my skin, sealing the wound. then I wrap the toilet paper around it, and it will suffice for now. I would probably spend the next bit inspecting the building, and dragging stuff out onto the truck, whatever things I need. Geussing now there would be zombies who may come due to the racket and the battle, I am geussing I have a few hours. I would only risk 2 hours, and gas for my truck is first priority. If I find some food, any medical equipment I find, Guns and ammo, blankets/ Couch pads, I will pack it. With that, I will get out, considering I will have to re vist the site later, due to zombies now coming in. I would then take the truck, and get out of the area, and try to find somewhere else more peaceful. But thats another Scenario

Kylelolcat
Kylelolcat
4,813 posts
Nomad

holy crap, that's a long post! And I read all of it, so that shows I really need to get a life...

So, what I'm noting for the revision of the scenario setup:

-remember to note the truck's brokenness
-mention the warehouse layout
-make a note about the looter arsenal

I'll work on the revision. Until then, feel free to respond to version 1.

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,375 posts
Blacksmith

Kylo, don't revise. Just make a new scenario...

Sorry for me not being active much recently. Finals are coming up, and alot of crazy stufff is happening. Real life is starting to be fun again.

Bjiscuit
Bjiscuit
610 posts
Nomad

Real life is starting to be fun again.

Been busy myself, making plans, argueing with parents, basicly, im leaving for summer, or longer. to go to Oklahoma and be with my gf. parents are fighting me even though 7 months ago when i asked them about it they said i could go. god this sint fun.

(im 18+ ) just a fyi
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

Real life is starting to be fun again.

What? Got yerself a girlfriend or somethin'? Lol.

If you do, I continueally envy you. I know nothing of dating yet I have the hots for a chick. Poor me, amirite? XD

Personally I'm supposed to being 2, count it, 2 different projects today. You can take a look at one of them in the art section.
LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
2,269 posts
Jester

You three ain't the only ones that are busy. Don't you ever wish you had a stress free week, with no worries and everything fun?

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

You three ain't the only ones that are busy. Don't you ever wish you had a stress free week, with no worries and everything fun?

Inexistent.
skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,375 posts
Blacksmith

Ok, just for fun, make a checklist. Your checklist should include every tihng you would take that you own. I'm not gonna post on first, beacsue then everyone will pretty much copy my list.

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

A hiking backpack loaded w/ tent and sleeping bag,
no new clothes,
something to boil water,
riding a mountain bike,
dry and canned foods, about 2 lbs. worth
A mechanical pencil with plenty of lead, and a diary,
My broom w/ Knife at end (as a temp weapon).
I'm not sure what else I'd bring.

Bjiscuit
Bjiscuit
610 posts
Nomad

My hiking backpack, (no im not copying thoad, i actually have one from hiking on the appalachian trail in gerogia)

The survival items we had, like, the small stove, the ligtweight canteen, firstaid kit.

our super light sleeping bag, (id take a tent, but it would just weigh me down.)

food items, mainly dry, a couple fresh ones for the first day or two, just for the energy boost.

obviously my weapons, a glock and the rifle.

Water. and a map.

as thoad said, im not sure what else, but im sure things will come to mind when he time comes.

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,375 posts
Blacksmith

Backback. Not a hiking one, as I don't have one. Just like a book bag, or possibly a duffel bag, what ever.

lighters
phonebook
hunting knives (2) (hocked on belt)
rifle (shotgun if possible)
ammo in bag
flash light
batteries
notebook
pens
canned goods
salted meat
dryied bread
water purification tablets
water bottles
boots (on feet)
jeans
shirt
light jacket
extra socks
rope (3 feet)
tarp (if space allows)
riding on bike
first aid kit
tylonal/advil
vitamins

all i got for now....

TrayDogenzaka
TrayDogenzaka
386 posts
Nomad

My old schoolbag, has a large compartment for books, a secondary compartment for binders and the such, and a third part for pencils. Also a duffel bag in my closet.

Canned foods, bottles of water (Fill the secondary pouch, should hold about 3-4 cans with 2-3 bottles of water. Bottles will be reused.)
My laptop with it's solar charger in the main compartment, along with my box of drawing stuffs. (Shoebox sized box of paper, pens, pencils, and erasers.) Extra pair of old shoes in the main compartment, along with a change of clothes. If space allows, fill the rest with water bottles and canned foods.
My Green T shirt (Tis lucky for me) along with a jacket of some kind, we have plenty around the house.
Cargo pants (They're camo. Though I'm taking them for the pockets.)
Running shoes.

I'd have my dad's handgun in one of the pockets (Dunno what kind it is, so I can't tell ya.)
Pocket knives in the other ones, have my survival knife (Ya know, the one with the compose in the handle, along with a waterproof sealed container with matches, a striker, and a needle and thread?) strapped to my waist.
Embarassingly enough, I don't know how to ride a bike, so I don't own one. So I'd be walking. =<

Showing 181-195 of 518