The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernThe Zombie Survival Club (READ OP)

518 106620
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

Welcome, Veterans and newcomers! This is the reconstruction of The Zombie Survival Club.

First off, I'll introduce you to some of our staff.
-SkaterKidWhoPwns- This is the guy who is my 2nd in command. If you cannot get to me, go to him and he'll answer questions/comments/concerns.
...We have no other staff? Well then.

READ THE RULES. IF YOU DO NOT IT'S LIKELY YOU'RE NOT GETTING IN.
1. Do not ask "Can I join?" or any other variation of that comment. (instructions on how to join will come soon)
2. Do not make a "Scenario" (will be explained later) unless you are a member.
3. Don't be stupid, use logic and think as if you were in the actual situation. OF course it's unlikely that it will happen, but we ask that all visitors and members be serious and literate.
4. Do not question mod or my/skater's authority (unless a mod directly opposes it)
5. No overly smart-*ss comments against other members, visitors, or your superiors.
6. Do not make a Virus until you are a member. The sheet for making a virus will be given to you upon asking me or skater.
7. DO NOT. ABSOLUTELY NOT, ASK "CAN I JOIN?". I cannot stress this enough.

Now that all the rules are over with, I'll go over some Jargons (slang terms relating to "work&quot that we use here.

Scenario - This is a term we use for a situation that is meant to test the user (as well as give you something to do). These are non-linear, and are generally Hypotheticals. Any MEMBER can make a scenario. Scenarios are generally matched with a previous story/situation and they give the supplies you have on hand. As well as the supplies near you. There's also generally a map that goes with it.

Virus, Parasite, Infection - These are the general types of a zombie virus. If there is not a previous virus that is mentioned before a virus or a plan, it is automatically changed to the current dominant virus (Goliath). Goliath will be explained later in the OP.

Zed - Is the common nickname for Zombie. I.E. "Yo dude I just shot up some Zeds!" Or: "Gah! That d**n ZED bit me!"

Well that's it for the terminology! Here's the dominant virus. It's gone through plenty of tweaking, and I think it's pretty much the most realistic virus in the club (aside from hungers). If no other virus is specified before a Scenario or a plan, this is the virus to be used.
Name - Goliath Syndrome
Type - Parasite
Speed - Leisurely walking speed (2-4 MPH)
Sounds - A mild groan, much like a man/woman in pain. No screaming comes from the virus.
Infection - Infection comes from the cells. If so much as a skin cell gets into you, you'll be quickly infected (aprox. 10-160 minutes, depending on strength and immune system of the user). It contracts a lot like AIDS, but it can be ANY cell, be it secretion or meat.
Hunting - It hunts by smell and hearing. It can't see that well, but strong light in the dark will attract it. Best time to attack one is in the daytime. They can't see in detail but they can see blurry instances of light, I.E., a fire or a flashlight.
Other - Cannot swim. Cannot fly, cannot run, cannot climb.
Believability Factor - Goliath was made in a lab (Codename: Anthemia, which is a prototype of the virus. Can also be used for begginers). It hyper-evolved and infected a rat. THe rat got out and began to infect humans (as well as certain birds, causing the infection to be worldwide). What the parasite does is: It enters the body as an infected cell. From there, it infects all the other cells, coating them in a secretion that fends off any form of decomposer (In short, it makes the immune system of the host really powerful). Then, it randomly selects a cell in the body (it is generally a cell in the torso). It grows to about the size of a human heart. IT then crawls it's way into the brain. IT preforms a lobotomy and hooks into the brain, feeding it with a steady flow of required nutrients and oxygen. It shuts down all other systems besides the lungs and flushes out the blood in the body (the parasite provides the necessities for living brain), and spreads long, muscular tentacles across the zombie's body, becoming a puppeteer. The parasite feeds by slowly eating the host. IT'll take a couple of decades in order for the parasite to starve/suffocate.
Best ways to kill it - A shot to the head, killing either the parasite or the brain. A punctured lung will also kill it, but it'd take a couple of minutes for it to actually die.

How to become a member
First off, you need to make a plan. You have everything you would at home. IT would happen the moment you are typing up the answer. So if it happens at night, then it happened at night, happened at day, it happened at day. For the sake of not-cheating, we'll use AG time.
Then, you have to answer a Scenario. The Scenarios come every couple of pages.
Wait for Both the Plan and the Scenario to be graded. Each member has their own form of grading. Once it's been passed around me and Skater will figure out whether or not to let you in.
If you are not initially let in, do not be disheartened! You have unlimited tries to enter, and all members (should) give you tips to get a better plan.

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Why the hell am I doing this?
Reasons vary. Some people in the club do think the Zompocolypse would actually happen, and some people (like myself) do it for fun and practice for writing. Others do it because they just like killing and surviving zombies, while keeping it pretty realistic.

Can I make a Virus?
Sure, if you give me a comment on my page I'll be happy to give you the layout for the virus.

Can I Join?
Scroll up and read the OP. Do it.

Can I make a Scenario?
If you are a member, sure. Just make sure it's somewhat realistic. There are no real parameters for it, it just has to be a situation. Try and make it hard, too.

I think that's pretty much it! There are a couple of tiddly bits for you guys, though:
Titles/Ranks - A title or a "rank" will be given to you if you do something outstandingly awesome, stupid, weird, or just plain out there while still keeping it realistic. For a list of the ranks/titles, visit my page.
Members - A list of the members can be found on either my, or skater's page.
Discussion - Discussions will be held every now and again, as a stand-in for a Scenario. There will be a topic in BOLD (BOLD, MEMBERS) to let you know what the Discussion is about.
and that is pretty much it.
Now then, have fun everyone!

• 518 Replies
mellowman
mellowman
233 posts
Nomad

First off, you need to make a plan. You have everything you would at home. IT would happen the moment you are typing up the answer. So if it happens at night, then it happened at night, happened at day, it happened at day. For the sake of not-cheating, we'll use AG time.
Then, you have to answer a Scenario. The Scenarios come every couple of pages.
Wait for Both the Plan and the Scenario to be graded. Each member has their own form of grading. Once it's been passed around me and Skater will figure out whether or not to let you in.
If you are not initially let in, do not be disheartened! You have unlimited tries to enter, and all members (should) give you tips to get a better plan.

i might just be stupid,but i dont under stand.plz explain/
TrayDogenzaka
TrayDogenzaka
386 posts
Nomad

Basically, to join you have to make a plan on how you would survive. You can only use things that you actually have with you, in your house or workplace (Whichever you're at.) If it's day time, and you're at work, write your plan from there. If it's night time at your house, write your plan starting at night, from there. After that, you answer a scenario that's set up. The last one posted is on the last page, or the page before that. Once they're both set up, the leaders critique and rate them, along with the members. If the leaders say it's good, then you're in. If they say it needs improvement, then we'll all help you make a better plan, and you can try again.

Understand?

mellowman
mellowman
233 posts
Nomad

two schoolbags,one worn,one new.small planner notebook in fourth compartment.a couple of pencil randomly stuffed in th first bag,and a gallon jug of water.with a couple of water bottles in the second bag.(just in case)
keeping the second bad mostly empty.

in the second bag,my fathers glock 15,and some old rifle both well stocked with ammo.as i said a couple of water bottles just in case i lose the first bag.a bow and a couple of arrows.

also stocked with:

a couple boxes of generic storebrand medicine

a first aid kit.(medium sized)

dried meat.(couple pounds)

and last but not least,a K-BAR fighting knife.
no extra clothes just a extra shirt.

BioWeapon117
BioWeapon117
62 posts
Nomad

im actually waiting for the zombie hoard to arise... i plan on grabbing some friends and barracading ourselves in a bass pro shop ( no, were not rednecks ). I also plan on jacking a hummer from a dealership and welding a slow plow... plowing thing to the front, with added spikes >=)

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

sorry for not being here everyone, I was having finals week so yeah...

I'm back now, though! I can read and review your plans over this summer as I manage the OCT I'm making.

cmb2kool
cmb2kool
378 posts
Nomad

But shouldn't this be in forum games?

314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

I shall try to join...

I keep a compound bow next to my bed at all times, witch ends up being more effective in the long run because you can make more arrows out of abundant would and any point. I have a camping backpack with some survival gear, flashlight, knife, space blanket, batteries, water filter and the other essentials as I go camping and those things are impractical to take out of the bag. In my freezer I have a frozen half-cow( It is mostly hamburger now, but it still is edible) witch would be easy to carry(as it is in paper for basically a meal each). I also have a thing of water bottles I could pack in by back pack if I can not get water from any other source. I would then pack up a tent and said supplies and run into a nearby forest, were it is less likely to find zombies and food and water are plentiful. I was a boyscout so I know minimal survival skills, and now I hunt, fish, camp, and hike, thus it would not be to hard and may end up being comfortable. My final act would be making something zombies can not detect but human in copter can, such as words in rock saying something to the effect as "SURVIVOR HERE!!". Simple enough considering I live in Montana...

TrayDogenzaka
TrayDogenzaka
386 posts
Nomad

But shouldn't this be in forum games?

This is not a game. This is a topic for a club, that includes legit discussion.

I keep a compound bow next to my bed at all times, witch ends up being more effective in the long run because you can make more arrows out of abundant would and any point. I have a camping backpack with some survival gear, flashlight, knife, space blanket, batteries, water filter and the other essentials as I go camping and those things are impractical to take out of the bag. In my freezer I have a frozen half-cow( It is mostly hamburger now, but it still is edible) witch would be easy to carry(as it is in paper for basically a meal each). I also have a thing of water bottles I could pack in by back pack if I can not get water from any other source. I would then pack up a tent and said supplies and run into a nearby forest, were it is less likely to find zombies and food and water are plentiful. I was a boyscout so I know minimal survival skills, and now I hunt, fish, camp, and hike, thus it would not be to hard and may end up being comfortable. My final act would be making something zombies can not detect but human in copter can, such as words in rock saying something to the effect as "SURVIVOR HERE!!". Simple enough considering I live in Montana...

(I just quoted the whole thing cause I don't find a need to pick it apart.)

Try being a little more detailed. At least, for me, I don't know if anyone else needs you to be. I would like to know how you'd get to the forest, how you make those arrows, how you would make your traps, and stuff like that.
skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,375 posts
Blacksmith

Mallow man. You listed what you would take, which the rest of us did for fun, but you need to make a legit plan...like 314d1 did.

314D1.....NIce work dude! A bit more detail as tray said, but your looking pretty solid.

cmb2kool......Firstly, are you a mod? NO, your not. Therefore it is not up to you to decided where things are placed. I would like to point out this si not a game at all. If you would read a round the thread you would know. So please, don't spam with "Dis is a game lock now!!"

I live in a weapon shack and i sleep by a Ak-47 the end....

Sure you do. Where are you getting said shack, where are you finding an AK, blah blah blah. Expand.
Bjiscuit
Bjiscuit
610 posts
Nomad

I live in a weapon shack and i sleep by a Ak-47 the end....

"the end..." for you cause your dead ^^,

Anyways, 4 days till i leave, whats going on here, any scenario that is still currently needing me to make a plan for or are we workign on a new one as i speak?
314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

Try being a little more detailed. At least, for me, I don't know if anyone else needs you to be. I would like to know how you'd get to the forest, how you make those arrows, how you would make your traps, and stuff like that.

Thank you for the advice.

Getting to the forest would be simple, as even if the vehicles my family uses were both gone then I would be able to use my truck, witch would not leave without me, and if that was out of commission our old van, witch we are trying to get a different body on. The truck is a nice work truck, and as I mow lawns with a riding mower, always has some gas, unless the highly improbable event in witch both the gas for the mower and the gas for the tank runs out. If anything is wrong with my truck then I turn to said van. It runs, though not as well as my truck, and would be enough to take me to the woods witch are only a few miles away.

As a first resort I have the arrows that are in the quiver, six in total made of metal. They would be used in hunting, as they would be more accurate then what I can make, as well as able to do more damage. For extra arrows I would take any stick or cut slivers out of trees to make simple spike, it would be inaccurate yet useful in stupid slow moving zombies. I would likely be near a mountain, so I may find some stones to use for tips, in the case I needed more fire power. For accuracy I would hunt birds with my metal arrows to get feathers that could be put on the arrows using animal guts, cuts in the wood, or twine if I am close to my truck.

Finally for traps, it would depend on what I am up against and my knowledge of what I am up against. The most likely in the case of usual zombies would be the usual pitfall, either made by painstaking rock digging or using a shovel, once more if I am close to my truck. The other most likely would be large wooden spike, such as the medieval version used to stop horses, with enough space for a human to enter and exist, probably with another several feet behind it,making it so a human could get threw but most kinds of zombies would be simply impaled. I would use dead trees and large sticks for this job.

You can see that working in lawn care can be useful in some cases.
HoodHulk58
HoodHulk58
1,181 posts
Nomad

Scenario...

Your in a suburban area surrounded by apartments and businesses.
Your in hiding in a small alley way and you get a call from a few friends stuck in an apartment room three blocks away. Your able to sneak your way to the hotel until your caught by a horrible of zombies, You make you way from the front to the side of the building, in the distance more zombies are in the alley way then as a last resort you realize the fire escape to the building and climb up to the second floor and block the window.
You call your friends to clarify their location.

You: "I'm here.
Friend: "Are you ok?, were exactly are you?"
You: "I'm on the second floor, which floor are you on?"
Friend: "Were on the 4th floor hurry and be careful"
You: "Ok I'll call back in a few"

You search the the 2nd floor and find no bodies but lots of blood, your able to salvage;

Beretta M9 9mm (11 clips)
Colt python
1-1/2 ft long machete
lighters
titanium bat

You take these to the stairs and make your way up to the 4th floor...you open the door to find 30+ zombies on the forth floor feeding on civilians, but none that resemble your friends...you reseed a floor to call your friends once more.

You: "I got a problem?"
Friend: "Oh No! were you bit?"
You: "No! there's to many zombies outside your door how do I get to you if I try to climb the fire escape they'll see me and attack if i head back down the other zombies will pick me off if i go outside I'm dead what do I do?"
Friend: "I don't know but whatever you do hurry were scared."

The task is save you friends and yourself without getting caught by zombies. What's your reaction to this situation?

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,375 posts
Blacksmith

Thats a really hard scenario. If nothing is going to come up behind me, and I only have to worry about my front, I owuld first call my friends and put them on speaker, then I would Put the bat in one hand, the beretta in the other. I would knock them back with the bat if they got to close, and get some nice close range head shots to take them out. While the zombies where distracted by me, Iwould tell my frineds to find anything that could be used as a weapon, and hit the zombies from the back. This way we could whittle them down from both sides.

HoodHulk58
HoodHulk58
1,181 posts
Nomad

I like the plan but as a result even if the zombies get into the stair-well I'm sure they'd just take out our friends cause at best the possibility of them finding blunt objects...(without being caught before the other zombies realize they've emerged from hiding)...that are able to puncture the skull without breaking apart is slim to none

But again Skater I like the idea of the plan

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,375 posts
Blacksmith

well I mean honestly theres no way I'm taking on 30 zombies by my self. I'm gonna need some help. Even if they can just get them to turn around for a few seconds it would hlep greatly.

Showing 196-210 of 518