The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernThe Zombie Survival Club (READ OP)

518 106611
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

Welcome, Veterans and newcomers! This is the reconstruction of The Zombie Survival Club.

First off, I'll introduce you to some of our staff.
-SkaterKidWhoPwns- This is the guy who is my 2nd in command. If you cannot get to me, go to him and he'll answer questions/comments/concerns.
...We have no other staff? Well then.

READ THE RULES. IF YOU DO NOT IT'S LIKELY YOU'RE NOT GETTING IN.
1. Do not ask "Can I join?" or any other variation of that comment. (instructions on how to join will come soon)
2. Do not make a "Scenario" (will be explained later) unless you are a member.
3. Don't be stupid, use logic and think as if you were in the actual situation. OF course it's unlikely that it will happen, but we ask that all visitors and members be serious and literate.
4. Do not question mod or my/skater's authority (unless a mod directly opposes it)
5. No overly smart-*ss comments against other members, visitors, or your superiors.
6. Do not make a Virus until you are a member. The sheet for making a virus will be given to you upon asking me or skater.
7. DO NOT. ABSOLUTELY NOT, ASK "CAN I JOIN?". I cannot stress this enough.

Now that all the rules are over with, I'll go over some Jargons (slang terms relating to "work&quot that we use here.

Scenario - This is a term we use for a situation that is meant to test the user (as well as give you something to do). These are non-linear, and are generally Hypotheticals. Any MEMBER can make a scenario. Scenarios are generally matched with a previous story/situation and they give the supplies you have on hand. As well as the supplies near you. There's also generally a map that goes with it.

Virus, Parasite, Infection - These are the general types of a zombie virus. If there is not a previous virus that is mentioned before a virus or a plan, it is automatically changed to the current dominant virus (Goliath). Goliath will be explained later in the OP.

Zed - Is the common nickname for Zombie. I.E. "Yo dude I just shot up some Zeds!" Or: "Gah! That d**n ZED bit me!"

Well that's it for the terminology! Here's the dominant virus. It's gone through plenty of tweaking, and I think it's pretty much the most realistic virus in the club (aside from hungers). If no other virus is specified before a Scenario or a plan, this is the virus to be used.
Name - Goliath Syndrome
Type - Parasite
Speed - Leisurely walking speed (2-4 MPH)
Sounds - A mild groan, much like a man/woman in pain. No screaming comes from the virus.
Infection - Infection comes from the cells. If so much as a skin cell gets into you, you'll be quickly infected (aprox. 10-160 minutes, depending on strength and immune system of the user). It contracts a lot like AIDS, but it can be ANY cell, be it secretion or meat.
Hunting - It hunts by smell and hearing. It can't see that well, but strong light in the dark will attract it. Best time to attack one is in the daytime. They can't see in detail but they can see blurry instances of light, I.E., a fire or a flashlight.
Other - Cannot swim. Cannot fly, cannot run, cannot climb.
Believability Factor - Goliath was made in a lab (Codename: Anthemia, which is a prototype of the virus. Can also be used for begginers). It hyper-evolved and infected a rat. THe rat got out and began to infect humans (as well as certain birds, causing the infection to be worldwide). What the parasite does is: It enters the body as an infected cell. From there, it infects all the other cells, coating them in a secretion that fends off any form of decomposer (In short, it makes the immune system of the host really powerful). Then, it randomly selects a cell in the body (it is generally a cell in the torso). It grows to about the size of a human heart. IT then crawls it's way into the brain. IT preforms a lobotomy and hooks into the brain, feeding it with a steady flow of required nutrients and oxygen. It shuts down all other systems besides the lungs and flushes out the blood in the body (the parasite provides the necessities for living brain), and spreads long, muscular tentacles across the zombie's body, becoming a puppeteer. The parasite feeds by slowly eating the host. IT'll take a couple of decades in order for the parasite to starve/suffocate.
Best ways to kill it - A shot to the head, killing either the parasite or the brain. A punctured lung will also kill it, but it'd take a couple of minutes for it to actually die.

How to become a member
First off, you need to make a plan. You have everything you would at home. IT would happen the moment you are typing up the answer. So if it happens at night, then it happened at night, happened at day, it happened at day. For the sake of not-cheating, we'll use AG time.
Then, you have to answer a Scenario. The Scenarios come every couple of pages.
Wait for Both the Plan and the Scenario to be graded. Each member has their own form of grading. Once it's been passed around me and Skater will figure out whether or not to let you in.
If you are not initially let in, do not be disheartened! You have unlimited tries to enter, and all members (should) give you tips to get a better plan.

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Why the hell am I doing this?
Reasons vary. Some people in the club do think the Zompocolypse would actually happen, and some people (like myself) do it for fun and practice for writing. Others do it because they just like killing and surviving zombies, while keeping it pretty realistic.

Can I make a Virus?
Sure, if you give me a comment on my page I'll be happy to give you the layout for the virus.

Can I Join?
Scroll up and read the OP. Do it.

Can I make a Scenario?
If you are a member, sure. Just make sure it's somewhat realistic. There are no real parameters for it, it just has to be a situation. Try and make it hard, too.

I think that's pretty much it! There are a couple of tiddly bits for you guys, though:
Titles/Ranks - A title or a "rank" will be given to you if you do something outstandingly awesome, stupid, weird, or just plain out there while still keeping it realistic. For a list of the ranks/titles, visit my page.
Members - A list of the members can be found on either my, or skater's page.
Discussion - Discussions will be held every now and again, as a stand-in for a Scenario. There will be a topic in BOLD (BOLD, MEMBERS) to let you know what the Discussion is about.
and that is pretty much it.
Now then, have fun everyone!

• 518 Replies
SirNoobalot
SirNoobalot
22,207 posts
Nomad

@Thoad:

bottom of 25 :O

Strongbow
Strongbow
324 posts
Nomad

Excellent ideas on the scenarios, everyone!

P.S:-Is this the way you want the scenarios to be answered or is it supposed to be a descriptive essay?

Well Lightcrux, let me say first that I loved your scenario. Very fun read!
To the question: in my opinion, you may present your ideas and action plans however you wish. I don't expect 3000 word responses if you don't find that easy to do. If you found writing that way enjoyable, then please, expand on that.

If you find a more direct approach an easier way to put down your thoughts, then that is acceptable as well.

Remember, we are looking for thought and content. Think carefully as you create your in-story reactions. Try to put yourself in that position, then tell us what you saw.

Thoad, an excellent read, as always!

Keep up the posts everyone! Its nice to see that some of humanity could possibly survive a class 4 outbreak. I was beginning to think i'd be lonely...hehe
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

I was beginning to think i'd be lonely...hehe

You likely would be, considering that a very low amount of people actually would survive. Therefore, it's unlikely you'd see many people *unless you actually found a good way in order to contact people*
skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,375 posts
Blacksmith

so we'd just need to make pillboxes and turret gunner positions in order to have a secure area during zombie invasions. Makeshift weapons would enclude knives on poles, crowbars, handaxes, etc. few of my neighbors also have lawnmowers and weedwackers and other things that would help a whole lot.

Turret gunners? That, probably would not happen. When I hear turret gunner, I think full auto, rambo, agasint wave after wave of zombies. when in reality, your not gonna have a minigun or anything, so turret gunners may be a bit missleading. As for invasions, you live in a rural area correct? Your odds of getting like 1000 zombies at once pileing against your door is very unlikely.

Lawnmowers? I'm just asking here, but how i nthe hell is that gonna help you? Those thigns are heavy and there is no easy way to hold one at head height easily. Then can you really stand THAT much blood? Cause there will be alot if your hitting them with a lawn mower/weed wacker.

^ that part of the club was my specialty. Poking holes in others plans.

To everyone. Thoads response was more tehn enough. Just beacsue you see me and strongbow posting crazy responses, doesn't mean you need to do that!

As for microsoft word.

Paste into notepad, copy out of notepad, then paste onto AG.
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

Turret gunners? That, probably would not happen. When I hear turret gunner, I think full auto, rambo, agasint wave after wave of zombies. when in reality, your not gonna have a minigun or anything,

Obviously. I use the term "turret gunner" as a person shooting out of a hole in the wall. Not necesarrily using anything big. i know that it's unlikely I'll have anything like that.
1000 zombies at once pileing against your door is very unlikely.

Regardless, it's always good to be secure. There's some 1000 people in my nearby area, so it's actually fairly likely that it could happen. Thankfully we live in hilly area, so with the correct house, we could easily have the upper hand.

Then can you really stand THAT much blood?

Skater I'm dissapointed in you. You should know that Goliath Syndrome has no blood.

I'll make a scenario soon.
SirNoobalot
SirNoobalot
22,207 posts
Nomad

well i live in a semi-suburban area ( VERY large yards, plenty of trees around, small patches of forest) There are also a lot of rural areas ( like literally farm-field after field) or natural features between the towns, all products of the railroad ( towns were created every 10 miles or so along the railroad). First, i would immediately begin charging all the car batteries ( there are about 1 or 2 spares sitting around besides the cars in front) from the power while it lasted. Every sink, bathtub,bowl and anything else that can hold water, i would fill it. I would drive the pickup truck ( small) in front of the main doors+large window by the master bedroom, and fill it with at least a day or so of supplies if i need to leave immediately, and the container of gas in the garage. if possible, i would take the lawnmower blades off the lawnmower, possibly sharpen them, super-glue on a rubber/foam grip ( can be improvised) onto the duller ends to form an imrpovised melee weapon. by the patio door in the back i would load up my ATV with bout half a day's supplies and maybe a water-bottle of gas or 2, in case the front is occupied. Going off the sheet Thoad provided, i assume they are quite clumsy and uncoordinated ( can't climb or run fast at all), making the escape not quite as hard. All the nonperishables/canned food i would put in a doubled garbage bag and keep it on hand at all times. then i would take planks beside the shed and start nailing up the numerous windows around the house. heavy furniture would go in front of all other doors besides the two aforementioned, and for the sake of it all doors+windows locked. Here i would survive until either i run out of food or the house is overrun, but for both i would take the garbage bag, then take preferrably the ATV ( better mileage+ can go off the probably crowded/ unpassable road), or the truck, loading all possible food+ clothing ( and the car batteries+gas container) into it, thought not too much as to slow/weigh down the truck/ATV. If i had the chance i wouldd take the gas conatainer with me ( and the extra batteries) on the ATV so i could go farther away. From that point, assuming i escape, i would go out into the country/ prairie and search for survivors, scavenging on any safe areas. In event i find other survivors, i would join with them and we would drive/ride until we run out of gas or find a safe survivor base/refuge.

good???

Strongbow
Strongbow
324 posts
Nomad

That was very good as a short term contingency plan. Your thoughts about water, petrol and food was very good. My only worry was that you planned on barracading yourself in until you ran out of supplies, then make your escape.
If you know that youll probably find survivors outside of town, then dont waste any time in town where greater number of undead will congregate. Get on your ATV and get moving, or risk getting trapped in your house.

All in all, a good scenario. Nice start!

SirNoobalot
SirNoobalot
22,207 posts
Nomad

My only worry was that you planned on barracading yourself in until you ran out of supplies, then make your escape.

well i can do all of that until well befor 26 hours is up, and just ' i would load up my ATV with supplies and just leave' is just far too short :P
Strongbow
Strongbow
324 posts
Nomad

@SirNoobalot:

hehe...I understand that you wanted to "extend your stay" for length, but let me say again...Length of scenario isn't really an issue with me. Let me give you an example:

After seeing the smoke off to the east, I realized that something really bad had happened. I opened my cell and tried to contact my friends, but to no avail. I run back inside, grab my backpack and get to work. I rush to the kitchen, grabbing several bottles of water and some cans of stew and dehydrated noodles. I plug the sink and let it start filling the sinks as i dash into the bathroom. Two washcloths, one towel, first aid kit and some extra feminine things, (oh yes, cannot forget those.) I turn on both faucets, tub and sink, then run back into the kitchen to turn off the water there. As I wait for the tub and sink to fill, I move everything i can find to the doors and windows, creating a temporary, yet effective barracade. I look at my watch..20 minutes, i think, not too bad. I shut off the water and step outside. My apartment is on the second floor of the complex, complete with a back porch balcony. It can be accessed from the main stairs, but only by crossing over a gap between the stairs to the third floor and the balcony. Having already measured this, I set a ladder on the second floor stairs for access. This is a great advantage to me, as ive now effectively created a safehouse should I need to return for supplies. I unplug everything, set my kitties loose and backpack in hand, I climb down to the ground. The gunfire off to the east is intensifying and coming closer, so i waste no time getting my bicycle out and heading off to my friends house.

This is an example of a simplified scenario. I could have ommited some descriptive things, but I myself tend to elaborate. I didnt include weapons, but those are attainable along the way. Keep in mind, this is the START of your adventure in survival, so if you make things short, make them thorough.

I hope this helps. I will provide my own extended response to this scenario, as well as what type of virus were dealing with soon.

Good luck everyone

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,375 posts
Blacksmith

Skater I'm dissapointed in you. You should know that Goliath Syndrome has no blood.

You change your virus to much dude.....>>

This is an example of a simplified scenario. I could have ommited some descriptive things, but I myself tend to elaborate. I didnt include weapons, but those are attainable along the way. Keep in mind, this is the START of your adventure in survival, so if you make things short, make them thorough.

Also, just beacsue you have a rifle or something (just an example) in this scenario (if you have one in your house) Doesn't mean that if thoad makes a scenario where you have no weapons, you have your rifle. EACH SCENARIO IS SEPERATE!
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

This is an example of a simplified scenario

*response.

Just so people don't get TOO confused on what a scenario is, Stronbow is describing a response to either a Scenario or a response to the main quandary of being a member (meaning that it's a plan). So yeah.

Length shouldn't be too much of an issue, but be sure to be specific and crystal clear on what your intentions are. I want little to no vaugaries. For instance, you can't do this:

I make a safehouse. I then nuke the planet to kill all zombies lol.
SirNoobalot
SirNoobalot
22,207 posts
Nomad

....soooo did i make it??? Y_Y

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

....soooo did i make it??? Y_Y

I'd say so. I never saw any flaws in your plan (except maybe the lack of a specific destination), and I loved the idea of using car batteries. It would be a very good short-term plan.

Though in the future I'd love to see you make a plan that was a little bit more foresighted, like making an outpost of some sort that could hold you and a few other people.
Dannydaninja
Dannydaninja
948 posts
Nomad

I remember this topic, Good time

I would always read surival plans, even know I never got in the club, at one point I felt like an unoffical member. Still obsessed with zombies, out of all my games I now make ( I quit AG to make games if you didn't know ), about 80% of my games are about zombies :P

Strongbow
Strongbow
324 posts
Nomad

Welcome aboard, Danny, or should I say Welcome back.
Its always nice to see former members, official and unofficial come back and talk about all things zombie.

Go to Thoadthetoads profile to see the new and improved ZSC and be sure to submit your response to the scenario on page 29. Good to have another part of the old crew back.

Showing 271-285 of 518