The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernThe Zombie Survival Club (READ OP)

518 106605
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

Welcome, Veterans and newcomers! This is the reconstruction of The Zombie Survival Club.

First off, I'll introduce you to some of our staff.
-SkaterKidWhoPwns- This is the guy who is my 2nd in command. If you cannot get to me, go to him and he'll answer questions/comments/concerns.
...We have no other staff? Well then.

READ THE RULES. IF YOU DO NOT IT'S LIKELY YOU'RE NOT GETTING IN.
1. Do not ask "Can I join?" or any other variation of that comment. (instructions on how to join will come soon)
2. Do not make a "Scenario" (will be explained later) unless you are a member.
3. Don't be stupid, use logic and think as if you were in the actual situation. OF course it's unlikely that it will happen, but we ask that all visitors and members be serious and literate.
4. Do not question mod or my/skater's authority (unless a mod directly opposes it)
5. No overly smart-*ss comments against other members, visitors, or your superiors.
6. Do not make a Virus until you are a member. The sheet for making a virus will be given to you upon asking me or skater.
7. DO NOT. ABSOLUTELY NOT, ASK "CAN I JOIN?". I cannot stress this enough.

Now that all the rules are over with, I'll go over some Jargons (slang terms relating to "work&quot that we use here.

Scenario - This is a term we use for a situation that is meant to test the user (as well as give you something to do). These are non-linear, and are generally Hypotheticals. Any MEMBER can make a scenario. Scenarios are generally matched with a previous story/situation and they give the supplies you have on hand. As well as the supplies near you. There's also generally a map that goes with it.

Virus, Parasite, Infection - These are the general types of a zombie virus. If there is not a previous virus that is mentioned before a virus or a plan, it is automatically changed to the current dominant virus (Goliath). Goliath will be explained later in the OP.

Zed - Is the common nickname for Zombie. I.E. "Yo dude I just shot up some Zeds!" Or: "Gah! That d**n ZED bit me!"

Well that's it for the terminology! Here's the dominant virus. It's gone through plenty of tweaking, and I think it's pretty much the most realistic virus in the club (aside from hungers). If no other virus is specified before a Scenario or a plan, this is the virus to be used.
Name - Goliath Syndrome
Type - Parasite
Speed - Leisurely walking speed (2-4 MPH)
Sounds - A mild groan, much like a man/woman in pain. No screaming comes from the virus.
Infection - Infection comes from the cells. If so much as a skin cell gets into you, you'll be quickly infected (aprox. 10-160 minutes, depending on strength and immune system of the user). It contracts a lot like AIDS, but it can be ANY cell, be it secretion or meat.
Hunting - It hunts by smell and hearing. It can't see that well, but strong light in the dark will attract it. Best time to attack one is in the daytime. They can't see in detail but they can see blurry instances of light, I.E., a fire or a flashlight.
Other - Cannot swim. Cannot fly, cannot run, cannot climb.
Believability Factor - Goliath was made in a lab (Codename: Anthemia, which is a prototype of the virus. Can also be used for begginers). It hyper-evolved and infected a rat. THe rat got out and began to infect humans (as well as certain birds, causing the infection to be worldwide). What the parasite does is: It enters the body as an infected cell. From there, it infects all the other cells, coating them in a secretion that fends off any form of decomposer (In short, it makes the immune system of the host really powerful). Then, it randomly selects a cell in the body (it is generally a cell in the torso). It grows to about the size of a human heart. IT then crawls it's way into the brain. IT preforms a lobotomy and hooks into the brain, feeding it with a steady flow of required nutrients and oxygen. It shuts down all other systems besides the lungs and flushes out the blood in the body (the parasite provides the necessities for living brain), and spreads long, muscular tentacles across the zombie's body, becoming a puppeteer. The parasite feeds by slowly eating the host. IT'll take a couple of decades in order for the parasite to starve/suffocate.
Best ways to kill it - A shot to the head, killing either the parasite or the brain. A punctured lung will also kill it, but it'd take a couple of minutes for it to actually die.

How to become a member
First off, you need to make a plan. You have everything you would at home. IT would happen the moment you are typing up the answer. So if it happens at night, then it happened at night, happened at day, it happened at day. For the sake of not-cheating, we'll use AG time.
Then, you have to answer a Scenario. The Scenarios come every couple of pages.
Wait for Both the Plan and the Scenario to be graded. Each member has their own form of grading. Once it's been passed around me and Skater will figure out whether or not to let you in.
If you are not initially let in, do not be disheartened! You have unlimited tries to enter, and all members (should) give you tips to get a better plan.

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Why the hell am I doing this?
Reasons vary. Some people in the club do think the Zompocolypse would actually happen, and some people (like myself) do it for fun and practice for writing. Others do it because they just like killing and surviving zombies, while keeping it pretty realistic.

Can I make a Virus?
Sure, if you give me a comment on my page I'll be happy to give you the layout for the virus.

Can I Join?
Scroll up and read the OP. Do it.

Can I make a Scenario?
If you are a member, sure. Just make sure it's somewhat realistic. There are no real parameters for it, it just has to be a situation. Try and make it hard, too.

I think that's pretty much it! There are a couple of tiddly bits for you guys, though:
Titles/Ranks - A title or a "rank" will be given to you if you do something outstandingly awesome, stupid, weird, or just plain out there while still keeping it realistic. For a list of the ranks/titles, visit my page.
Members - A list of the members can be found on either my, or skater's page.
Discussion - Discussions will be held every now and again, as a stand-in for a Scenario. There will be a topic in BOLD (BOLD, MEMBERS) to let you know what the Discussion is about.
and that is pretty much it.
Now then, have fun everyone!

• 518 Replies
skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,375 posts
Blacksmith

Well, he took that from something, I rember it. He said so to.

Anyways, I'm thinking these nano chips are going to be inn everyone. Some sort of brain chips that let you play with electronics with your head, or soemthing. So everyone, has one. then *boom* every one's mind chip, goes crazy, and takes over.

Seems possible.

rick073
rick073
2,754 posts
Peasant

heres how i would survive a zombie invasion.

1) go to a two story building
2) make sure to have a ladder, a shotgun, a sidearm(handgun kind of thing), a hatchet(or some melee wep), as well as food and water. those are the most important things to have
3) demolish the stairs(so zombies cant get up)
4) live.

extra notes:
1) if in need of suplies, use ladder and climb down.(and bring your weps)
2) have a comtainer set up outside of a window to collect water
3) have some sort of way to purify water
4) leave no survivers(or if you do take survivors, check for bite/scratches. if yes, shoot him. if no, good for you, you have a helper(and another mouth to feed))

and i think thats it!

Shenko
Shenko
1,059 posts
Treasurer

yeah well one way to make this nanobot idea into a possible happening is if some of the microscopic nanobots would get lost and end up in person and eventually that person could end up being a zombie and fate would handle the rest
thats just my idea
possible
but very small chance of happening

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

Hey folks, I have a great scenario for you guys.

The time is 10:46 AM. You depart from your small outpost of 20 survivors. You bring a team of 1 other friend. His name is Johnny. He was with you since the initial outbreak, which started last year. It was likely that if the human race wasn't already exterminated (save for you 20 or so survivors), it was in the last few parts. Th efires of the riots had died down and the nights were still and silent, save for the occasional sign of life.

You and Johnny are out in order to find supplies for the outpost. After checking the mall and finding nothing, going to 3 pharmacies and coming dry, you decided it might be a good idea in order to get some entertainment for the outpost. You raid a local record emporium. There are rows upon rows and isles upon isles of racks with CDs laced within. You find many expensive and good looking earphones and CD players.

Upon a rough inspection, you find out that the music emporium is a 2 story building. Mostly composed of about 5 foot high cd racks and a 3x3 yard counter in the corner. There are stairs going up to a 2nd part, which is of a simliar composition. Save for a single storage space that was locked. While you watched the door, your friend Johnny went back on the first floor. He found a huge computer that had a several yard long screen. He fiddled with it, managed to get it working, and the entire building started booming with life. Literally.

Not only have the lights come on, but there is some sweet rave music in the background. It's loud enough to catch the hearing of any Goliath zombie in a 3 mile vicinity. Your ears are almost bleeding it is so loud. You can also feel it in your heart. Even the outpost can hear you.

Because of this, you know that there will be 100 goliath zombies eager to infect you and Johnny as soon as possible.

NOTE: You do not know this until you open the storage closet, but the previous store owner locked himself in there with his dog and a pistol. He ended up eating his dog and shooting himself in the head. He has a 9mm pistol with 3 clips of 7 shots (-1 bullet). The storage closet only has a few more CDs etc.

Equipment: You have a 3 foot long crowbar, a backpack that is currently filled to the brim with CDs, CD players, iPods, Media Players, and other music things. Johnny doesn't wanna dump his pack out. Johnny has a sharpened metal pole. Neither of you actually know about the storage room.

So then, 100 goliaths incoming to your position T minus 10 hours, it's 10 o' clock, and your outpost is about 4 miles away. The Outpostians actually managed to get their hands on a minigun, though it only actually has 100 bullets. They are loaded with guns. Primarily shotguns and rifles. They are your only surefire way to be safe once more.

Strongbow
Strongbow
324 posts
Nomad

@Rick:
Very nice survival strategy, Rick. Im glad to see that youre taking all things into account. Im interested to know whether youre going to be someone whos creating a defense for the long haul, or you plan on moving eventually?

Expand on your scenario...think of a situation that you may have to deal with, ok?

Thoad! I do love it when you get yourself on here...your scenario has me very eager to tackle the young survivors and their fight with survival. Stay tuned for that.

Skater...see what you can do with this one. I can imagine that minigun will be smoking in no time

rick073
rick073
2,754 posts
Peasant

im planing to stay there until suplies run out. then im gonna hijack a car and gtfo (ive brought car keys with me ^.^)

Strongbow
Strongbow
324 posts
Nomad

@rick073:

Understandable. However, you have a car, but the roads may be clogged with discarded vehicles and wandering undead. Are you certain you'd take a car, or is there some other sort of transportation around? I'm certain you have a bicycle, or perhaps a motercycle around. Much easier to manuever and park, if neccessary.
Also, supplies. Depending on how long you barricaded yourself, ready supplies may have been looted already by those escaping the panic. Are there any places near your town that may prove a good place to restock?

Let's see your scenario get a bit more detailed. You're on the right path, so far.

wolf1991
wolf1991
3,437 posts
Farmer

A car is a terrible mode of transportation during a zombie appocalypse. Something more along the lines of a bike would be much better because it would be able to weave through the collisions and blockages on the main roads, and, depending on the bike (I'm thinking mountain bike) it can go off road too.

As for the supplies, you'd have to notice early warning signs, which is unlikely with the media today. So you'd almost have to stock up well before hand, but if you have that amount of time then you would have wanted to leave well ahead of time, preferable to the northern latitudes of Canada. The average household wouldn't be able to support you for very long, even fully stocked for a family of 4.

rick073
rick073
2,754 posts
Peasant

I'm certain you have a bicycle, or perhaps a motercycle around.

i have a mountain bike and a motercycle in my garage sooo... yah i can easily fingd the keys. i also have a lot of firewood in my garage(as well as a hatchet)

Are there any places near your town that may prove a good place to restock?

theres a superstore and a walmart supercenter reachable within 10 mins on a bike. as well as an esso and a 7/11 reachable within 5 mins walking.

if you have that amount of time then you would have wanted to leave well ahead of time, preferable to the northern latitudes of Canada

i live in calgary(AkA in canada) i might flee to Edmonton though, and from edmonton to fort mcmurry(not sure if thats spelled right)
skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,375 posts
Blacksmith

1) go to a two story building
2) make sure to have a ladder, a shotgun, a sidearm(handgun kind of thing), a hatchet(or some melee wep), as well as food and water. those are the most important things to have
3) demolish the stairs(so zombies cant get up)
4) live.
extra notes:
1) if in need of suplies, use ladder and climb down.(and bring your weps)
2) have a comtainer set up outside of a window to collect water
3) have some sort of way to purify water
4) leave no survivers(or if you do take survivors, check for bite/scratches. if yes, shoot him. if no, good for you, you have a helper(and another mouth to feed))
and i think thats it!

Good, but I want more. Where is this two story building? How will you get there? What if someone who doesn't want another person is already there? what if you meet zombies on the way?

You have a good base plan, now think more.

thoad, thank you for distracting me from my homework, I don't care about my grades or anything.

Only thing I see wrong, HOOOOOOOW is there power? If no one is runnign the power station you don't have to worry about music or anything, or lights.
rick073
rick073
2,754 posts
Peasant

Where is this two story building?

my house???

What if someone who doesn't want another person is already there?

try to convince him, but its my home so im sure thats not nessicary
skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,375 posts
Blacksmith

Where is this two story building?
my house???
What if someone who doesn't want another person is already there?
try to convince him, but its my home so im sure thats not nessicary

We didn't know that though. You need to include these things in your plan.
Hypermnestra
Hypermnestra
26,390 posts
Nomad

I suppose I'll start in Salt Lake City.

Step 1: Assuming the power has gone out, I will immediately search my house for anything that could be useful. I can find a hunting rifle in the garage(though I cannot effectively wield it), a first aid kit in the bathroom(it's stocked with quite a lot; my dad likes to be prepared), enough canned food to last me at least a few days(hey, I like Chef Boyardee. Don't judge me), a full canteen(we go hiking sometimes), a Leatherman knife(versatile and useful, but the blades are small), and of course my trusty mountain bike(it's in good condition, and fast). I should be able to stuff all this equipment into my backpack(for school) without too much difficulty, with the exception of the rifle, which I will sling over my shoulder using the strap. I do this immediately because otherwise, once the panic sets in people will ransack the place themselves trying to get my stuff, and the bite-sized person that I am, I probably will not be able to fend them off.
Step 2: With the assumption that my parents are not home, I shall have to abandon my pets. It's unfortunate, but we're talking about my life, here. They will have to fend for their own.
Step 3: I will leave the house immediately and set out for the Energy Solutions head office. I am going to Energy Solutions for two reasons; one, it is not likely to be the first place that pops into peoples' heads, so therefore it won't be ransacked immediately(this means that on my bike I will probably be able to reach it before any looting occurs), and two, it's the most likely place for me to get some kind of Haz-Mat suit, gas mask, or something of the kind. They deal with toxic and radioactive waste disposal; how can they not have Haz-Mat gear? If I encounter any zombies on the way, I will just flee. Apparently they walk pretty slow, and I'm almost positive that going top speed on my bike, I'll be able to escape without being exposed. I cannot run the risk of shooting them because then their &quotarticles"-dead skin, blood, etc. etc- would probably reach me. I can't take that chance. When I go inside, I'll lock up my bike outside. I can't risk losing it at this stage.
Step 4: Having now acquired some sort of protection against being infected in the form of a hazardous material suit, I will now make my way to the nearest sporting goods, power tools, or similar store. Best case scenario, I might find some kind of martial arts studio or dojo(I'm sure there are plenty in Salt Lake). When I have found one of these places, I'll grab a melee weapon from it(crowbar, baseball bat, isshinryu staff, whatever). The reasoning behind this is that my gun is effectively useless in my hands. I have little to no idea how to operate it, plus it's heavy. On the other hand, I am at least moderately skilled with melee weapons, having trained in martial arts, and therefore I will be able to use them effectively. My plan is to run if I see a zombie. If they get close enough so that I can't run, I shall just have to whack them on the head with my melee weapon, hopefully giving me enough of a reprieve to get on my bike and gtfo. If even that fails, then I will have to shoot them; even I can shoot from close range, and that is the only situation where I would need to use the gun.
Step 5: Now that I am not only defended against infection but armed, I just need to find a way to sustain my existence. I'll go to the nearest supermarket and get whatever hasn't been looted already. Food is best; something that lasts long, like beef jerky, would be my first choice. If one store is empty, then I'll go to the next.
Step 6: Now that I am supplied with food, water, a weapon, and protection against both the elements and infection, I will return home to wait it out and protect my home from looters(my gun should scare any potential thieves off).
Note: Throughout the course of this, I will stay on the sidewalks with my bike, and be as cautious as I can. I don't think people will be too concerned with whether the light is red or green in the apocalypse.

Good, yah?

Strongbow
Strongbow
324 posts
Nomad

@Hypermnestra:

Pheonominal! Looking over your plan for immediate survival, I do believe you have the neccessary tools to survive. Very nicely done!

Let's see. A few things that may make your life a bit easier. Since the virus were talking about is mostly transferred by fluid contact, I would still think the haz-mat suit is a good idea, but dont worry about the helmet. They are large and basically reduce your periphereal vision to zero. If you must use a facemask, consider a standard safety issued facemask, (the ones with a faceshield that flips up and down.) Much lighter and vision is still nearly perfect.
The suit itself is insulated as well. So, bieng that it's Utah and late fall, it would be a nice extra layer of protection from the temperatures.

As far as food is concerned, you have it right about canned foods and jerky. The jerky especially is lightweight, full of protein and portable. My main concern would be to get to a food store as quickly as possible. Park your bike about a block away and sneak in, carrying a canteen, your backpack and small weapon, IE. hatchet, crowbar or even knife. If you're mobilizing and collecting during the panic in your area, you should be almost more worried about scared, trigger happy civilians or looters than zombies. More than likely, any large food store will be a scene of unbelievable carnage and panic. BE CAREFUL. Think of a worst possible scenario involving panicked living people, then add flesh-eating zombies. Proceed with caution and stock up on things vitally neccessary. First aid, vitamins, iodine, powdered milk, baby food, top ramen, *yes, you can have a few more chef boyardee things, but remember they're heavy), rifle rounds, (if you can find them),pancho/trashbags, lighters, binoculars. How's that for a list? Stash them in a safe area if you must make two trips and pack them as best as possible.

Now, youre loaded, armed and mobile. Now what? Where would you go next? Do you know of any place you can hole up, or create a defense, if neccessary? Keep in mind that if it's during the panic, you will run into civilians, good and bad, as well as animated corpses, old but mostly new.

I think you are ready for the next step. Let me know what your plans are. I look forward to your response.

Remember, think outside of the box. Imagine the panic, then imagine worse....

Hypermnestra
Hypermnestra
26,390 posts
Nomad

I like it!
Well, I think that at this stage, fear-crazed humans are as much of a threat factor as zombies are.
So let me think for a while....
I think the best place to go would be somewhere that's completely useless. Someplace that nobody would ever go because it is completely empty, completely useless, or something like that. That way, it will be relatively safe from the humans. I'm thinking maybe the local bookstore would be a likely location. The bookshelves themselves, if shifted, could easily be made into makeshift barricades. Not only that, but the books are effectively useless for survival, so nobody will go there. And last but not least, I will always have some source of entertainment so my life isn't entirely miserable and I don't go insane. With a little remodeling, I think that the Barnes and Noble bookstore would be a perfect spot.

Showing 301-315 of 518