The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernThe Zombie Survival Club (READ OP)

518 106610
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

Welcome, Veterans and newcomers! This is the reconstruction of The Zombie Survival Club.

First off, I'll introduce you to some of our staff.
-SkaterKidWhoPwns- This is the guy who is my 2nd in command. If you cannot get to me, go to him and he'll answer questions/comments/concerns.
...We have no other staff? Well then.

READ THE RULES. IF YOU DO NOT IT'S LIKELY YOU'RE NOT GETTING IN.
1. Do not ask "Can I join?" or any other variation of that comment. (instructions on how to join will come soon)
2. Do not make a "Scenario" (will be explained later) unless you are a member.
3. Don't be stupid, use logic and think as if you were in the actual situation. OF course it's unlikely that it will happen, but we ask that all visitors and members be serious and literate.
4. Do not question mod or my/skater's authority (unless a mod directly opposes it)
5. No overly smart-*ss comments against other members, visitors, or your superiors.
6. Do not make a Virus until you are a member. The sheet for making a virus will be given to you upon asking me or skater.
7. DO NOT. ABSOLUTELY NOT, ASK "CAN I JOIN?". I cannot stress this enough.

Now that all the rules are over with, I'll go over some Jargons (slang terms relating to "work&quot that we use here.

Scenario - This is a term we use for a situation that is meant to test the user (as well as give you something to do). These are non-linear, and are generally Hypotheticals. Any MEMBER can make a scenario. Scenarios are generally matched with a previous story/situation and they give the supplies you have on hand. As well as the supplies near you. There's also generally a map that goes with it.

Virus, Parasite, Infection - These are the general types of a zombie virus. If there is not a previous virus that is mentioned before a virus or a plan, it is automatically changed to the current dominant virus (Goliath). Goliath will be explained later in the OP.

Zed - Is the common nickname for Zombie. I.E. "Yo dude I just shot up some Zeds!" Or: "Gah! That d**n ZED bit me!"

Well that's it for the terminology! Here's the dominant virus. It's gone through plenty of tweaking, and I think it's pretty much the most realistic virus in the club (aside from hungers). If no other virus is specified before a Scenario or a plan, this is the virus to be used.
Name - Goliath Syndrome
Type - Parasite
Speed - Leisurely walking speed (2-4 MPH)
Sounds - A mild groan, much like a man/woman in pain. No screaming comes from the virus.
Infection - Infection comes from the cells. If so much as a skin cell gets into you, you'll be quickly infected (aprox. 10-160 minutes, depending on strength and immune system of the user). It contracts a lot like AIDS, but it can be ANY cell, be it secretion or meat.
Hunting - It hunts by smell and hearing. It can't see that well, but strong light in the dark will attract it. Best time to attack one is in the daytime. They can't see in detail but they can see blurry instances of light, I.E., a fire or a flashlight.
Other - Cannot swim. Cannot fly, cannot run, cannot climb.
Believability Factor - Goliath was made in a lab (Codename: Anthemia, which is a prototype of the virus. Can also be used for begginers). It hyper-evolved and infected a rat. THe rat got out and began to infect humans (as well as certain birds, causing the infection to be worldwide). What the parasite does is: It enters the body as an infected cell. From there, it infects all the other cells, coating them in a secretion that fends off any form of decomposer (In short, it makes the immune system of the host really powerful). Then, it randomly selects a cell in the body (it is generally a cell in the torso). It grows to about the size of a human heart. IT then crawls it's way into the brain. IT preforms a lobotomy and hooks into the brain, feeding it with a steady flow of required nutrients and oxygen. It shuts down all other systems besides the lungs and flushes out the blood in the body (the parasite provides the necessities for living brain), and spreads long, muscular tentacles across the zombie's body, becoming a puppeteer. The parasite feeds by slowly eating the host. IT'll take a couple of decades in order for the parasite to starve/suffocate.
Best ways to kill it - A shot to the head, killing either the parasite or the brain. A punctured lung will also kill it, but it'd take a couple of minutes for it to actually die.

How to become a member
First off, you need to make a plan. You have everything you would at home. IT would happen the moment you are typing up the answer. So if it happens at night, then it happened at night, happened at day, it happened at day. For the sake of not-cheating, we'll use AG time.
Then, you have to answer a Scenario. The Scenarios come every couple of pages.
Wait for Both the Plan and the Scenario to be graded. Each member has their own form of grading. Once it's been passed around me and Skater will figure out whether or not to let you in.
If you are not initially let in, do not be disheartened! You have unlimited tries to enter, and all members (should) give you tips to get a better plan.

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Why the hell am I doing this?
Reasons vary. Some people in the club do think the Zompocolypse would actually happen, and some people (like myself) do it for fun and practice for writing. Others do it because they just like killing and surviving zombies, while keeping it pretty realistic.

Can I make a Virus?
Sure, if you give me a comment on my page I'll be happy to give you the layout for the virus.

Can I Join?
Scroll up and read the OP. Do it.

Can I make a Scenario?
If you are a member, sure. Just make sure it's somewhat realistic. There are no real parameters for it, it just has to be a situation. Try and make it hard, too.

I think that's pretty much it! There are a couple of tiddly bits for you guys, though:
Titles/Ranks - A title or a "rank" will be given to you if you do something outstandingly awesome, stupid, weird, or just plain out there while still keeping it realistic. For a list of the ranks/titles, visit my page.
Members - A list of the members can be found on either my, or skater's page.
Discussion - Discussions will be held every now and again, as a stand-in for a Scenario. There will be a topic in BOLD (BOLD, MEMBERS) to let you know what the Discussion is about.
and that is pretty much it.
Now then, have fun everyone!

• 518 Replies
skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,375 posts
Blacksmith

and I loved the idea of using car batteries. It would be a very good short-term plan.

How exactly do you take power from a car battery to an electronic device? I have no idea, so I'm curious.

Danny I remember you, you got all pissed off when we didn't let you join after we told yo uwhat to fix, you didn't do it, and then said we should use the zombie survival guide virus. Yea, you.
Strongbow
Strongbow
324 posts
Nomad

Im not opposed to using variations of viruses. As long as they follow general guidelines concerning zombie behavior, I believe a bit of liberation is alright.

By liberation, I'm refering to the traits of your given zombie. Thoads virus, the Goliath strain, is my personal favorite, however, I do enjoy certain aspects of the Solonum virus as well. Since they are similar in overall activity, as in symptom display to death to reanimation timeframe, utilizing them interchangeably is fine.

However, and this is a big one, if your particular virus steps outside of those given similarities, IE. It runs, uses tools, flys, grows tenticles, speaks to aliens, has chainsaws for hands, hypnotizing its victims, talking to animals, etc etc etc...you MUST and I mean MUST submit a viral sheet to Thoad for approval. Please do not sway on this, as we dont want to confuse the scenario results.

thank you

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

How exactly do you take power from a car battery to an electronic device? I have no idea, so I'm curious.

It's easy to hook it up in order to power power tools and the like. Very helpful.

As long as they follow general guidelines concerning zombie behavior, I believe a bit of liberation is alright.

Hence I provided the ability to make your own viruses if you didn't like Goliath. However, Goliath IS the standard to get in. It has been proven to me barjargons of times that Goliath virus is probably one of the EASIEST to deal with. On my own &quotwn-o-meter", the Goliath Syndrome virus only ranks a "Huge irish schoolbully". It's actually quite likely you'll survive from it, so long as you do the right things, being avoiding them mostly or entirely.
SirNoobalot
SirNoobalot
22,207 posts
Nomad

Well i spose i'll make a virus :O

Name: 'Arthur', named after lead researcher+ first zombie, Arthur Rodrigs.

Hours Until Infection: 24 hours
0minutes: infected
15 minutes:nothing
2 hours: slight nausea
4 hours: fever & nausea
6 hours: flu-like symptoms
10 hours: bloody nose, all of the above
12 hours: +dementia, paling of skin ( grey)
15 hours: severe fever
16 hours: beginning of insanity
18 hours: full insanity
20 hours: hopefully dead thru insanity
21 hours: coma
24 hours: arise as zombie

Type: Parasite-born bacteria, though reports exist saying it has adapted to be waterborne ( particularly freshwater)

Appearance: Roughly 12 hours after initial infection, the skin begins to turn a concrete-gray color, which is the most obvious ssymptom of the Arthur disease. During the Coma phase ( 21 hours after infecion), the body experiences an intense fever, the immune system's last stand against the disease, and boils or severe rashes can occur from this, making the host a mixture of red and gray skin by the time of zombification.

Form of Survival: Parasitic, forms a small golfball-sized tumor in random part of body, usually near spine, and this controls the host via the nervous system.

How it infects: Infected Saliva, parasites ( mainly Ticks, some species of mosquitoes), reports of bird-borne disease, though unconfirmed. Besides the change in appearance, decrease in coordination and craving for flesh, the host is otherwise functional. The muscles though know no limit anymore, but they will neither grow nor deteriorate during the course of the infection, though the muscles can exert force indefinetly

Cure: Very rare and far between, but surprisingly it is polio vaccine.

Special Attributes (put a "check" next to each where applicable):
Can Swim -
Can do basic tactics (such as a pincer, or an ambush) - Check
Can do advanced tactics (advanced warfare, looking or creating new entrances to forts, etc.) -
Can Climb stairs - check
Can Climb ladders - check
Can climb poles/ropes/steep surfaces - varies
Can climb anything -
Can breathe underwater -
Can see in the dark -
Can see - check
Can run - check
Can run over 20 MPH - ( normal human speed)
can run over 50 MPH -
Can punch through wood - varies
Can punch through stone -
Can dent metal through hitting/kicking - check
Can jump 10 ft - check
Can jump 20 ft -
Can jump over 30 ft -
Can jump 5 ft high - check
Can jump 10 ft high -
Can jump over 15 ft high -
Other (please specify): muscles can exert force indefinetly.

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

Well i spose i'll make a virus :O

In the future, comment it to me or e-mail it. I'll be more likely to see it. But lemme look around here...

when you say "exert force indefinetly", what do you mean exactly?
Strongbow
Strongbow
324 posts
Nomad

Interesting virus, Noobsalot
Extremely dangerous as well.

I would love to see a submission by you about how you would deal with this type of zombie.

Cure: Very rare and far between, but surprisingly it is polio vaccine.

I may be waaay off of the mark, but do children still get vaccinated for polio, or was that disbanded? I do know that samples still exist for research, but are the vaccines still given mandatorily?
skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,375 posts
Blacksmith

I'm vairly certain polio is still a manditory vaccine. I know I got the shot, I'm not sure that it is 100% needed.

You guys think this would go better in the art section? If so I can get it moved there. We may have more intrest....

lostsage159
lostsage159
61 posts
Nomad

ok heres how id survive a zombie attack. ok you get some guys. one with a shotgun, one with a sniper, and one with a machine gun. everyone has a knife. find a two story building and destroy the stairs so once you get up there, theres no way for anyone else to get up. for you to get up. get a ladder. once ur done killing all the zombies, take the latter and climb back down. make sure u have xtra ammo or else ur screwed. if theres a bath tub upstairs, run it. that way, if you need a drink, its there. always bring food and make sure all windows are secure. thanks!!!!

Strongbow
Strongbow
324 posts
Nomad

good choice of weapons, except that a machine gun requires quite a bit of ammunition and is a spray weapon. Not exactly good for having to make calculated shots to the head.
Knives are fine, but try a crowbar, or even a hatchet instead. Knives are primarily stabbing weapons, which require much more skill to use. Chopping weapons are much more crude and require minimal force to do maximum damage.

Great idea about the bathtub. Make certain that you have a bit of iodine around the house to add to your supply as the weeks go on. You can't fight effectively if you all have the trots..hehe

Securing windows and doors is great. Make sure you have an escape plan, if neccessary. Destroying the stairs...great! While zombies have limited coordination, they can climb stairs, slowly. More dangerous, a horde of them could literally propel the front row up the stairs by sheer force....slowly.

Id say, besides the machine gun, not a bad plan.

lostsage159
lostsage159
61 posts
Nomad

Thanks! Id love to be in this club thing :P took me a good hour to fully think about it.

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,375 posts
Blacksmith

ok heres how id survive a zombie attack. ok you get some guys. one with a shotgun, one with a sniper, and one with a machine gun. everyone has a knife. find a two story building and destroy the stairs so once you get up there, theres no way for anyone else to get up. for you to get up. get a ladder. once ur done killing all the zombies, take the latter and climb back down. make sure u have xtra ammo or else ur screwed. if theres a bath tub upstairs, run it. that way, if you need a drink, its there. always bring food and make sure all windows are secure. thanks!!!!

Only thing I see wrong here, is the use of other people. What if it was JUST you? Then, how would hat change your plan?
Shenko
Shenko
1,059 posts
Treasurer

i heard that scientists are making nanobots

Nanobots are a technology that science apparently engineered to make you terrified of the future. We're talking about microscopic, self-replicating robots that can invisbily build--or destroy--anything. Vast sums of money are being poured into nanotechnology. Sure, at some level scientists know nanobots will destroy mankind. They just can't resist seeing how it happens.

Scientists have already created a nano-cyborg, by fusing a tiny silicone chip to a virus. The first thing they found out is these cyborgs can still operate for up to a month after the death of the host. Notice how nano scientists went right for zombification, even at this early stage. They know where the horror is.

According to studies, within a decade they'll have nanobots that can crawl inside your brain and set up neural connections to replace damaged ones. That's right; the nanobots will be able to rewire your thoughts.

Some day there will be nanobots in your brain. Those nanobots will be programmed to keep functioning after you die. They can form their own neural pathways, meaning they can use your brain to keep operating your limbs after you've deceased and, presumably, right up until you rot to pieces in mid-stride.

The nanobots will be programmed to self-replicate, and the death of the host will mean the end of the nanobots. To preserve themselves, they'd need to transfer to a new host. Therefore, the last act of the nanobot zombie would be to bite a hole in a healthy victim, letting the nanobots steam in and set up camp in the new host. Once in, they can shut down the part of the brain that resists (the cortex) and leave the brain stem intact. They will have added a new member to the unholy army of the undead.

i took this from an article
so what do u think?

SirNoobalot
SirNoobalot
22,207 posts
Nomad

Well, in concept replication would be incredibly slow, as you said their 'last goal' would be to infect one more host before they die. In concept, the population would never grow???

lostsage159
lostsage159
61 posts
Nomad

in retrospect, it sounds like the nanobots are mind control. this is some advanced technology here. if they form a steam with all the other nanobots, wouldnt it mean that there would be one gigantic one?

Strongbow
Strongbow
324 posts
Nomad

Now I believe I've heard a new one. hehe
Nanozombies....but I suppose it could work.

However, I do see a few details with them that may have to be worked out.

1. They spread the nanobots by direct transmission, through bites. How long does it take for the nanobots to self-replicate enough to cause an effective neural takeover? Could someone who knows of their presence get blood transfusions to slow down the rate of replication?

2. If indeed they seem to control one host per infusion, with the desire to jump victims only as a last act, wouldnt that keep their numbers to levels only as large as the initial infected numbers?
Perhaps after a certain number of bots is replicated, the host automatically attempts to send them to another victim?

Its an interesting idea. Work on it and let me know what you come up with

Showing 286-300 of 518