The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsWEPRIntelligent design Vs Evolution

388 55571
redace333
redace333
130 posts
Nomad

I just now found out about this forum and didn't notice a I.D. Vs E. thread so I decided to make one.

I am a Christian and believe in intelligent design is the way the world came to be.

What does everyone else think about this subject?

• 388 Replies
redace333
redace333
130 posts
Nomad

If i was a atheists it just seems logical to become a Christian. If i did that and atheism was true, what did i lose? nothing.
If Christianity was true, what did i gain?
Everything.

I think some smart guy said the same thing but i forgot his name.

I just still don't get the point.

Maverick5762
Maverick5762
240 posts
Peasant

One thing i do not get about atheists. Why do you debate on this forum? If you "convert" me to atheism and it turns out you are right, you gain nothing. Tell me if I'm wrong, but if we "evolved" from matter then we should have no purpose.

One thing I do not get about theists. Why do you debate on this forum. If you "convert" me to theism and it turns out you are right, you gain nothing. Tell me if I'm wrong, but what does arguing on a forum gain a theist more than an atheist?
thepossum
thepossum
3,035 posts
Nomad

One thing I do not get about theists. Why do you debate on this forum. If you "convert" me to theism and it turns out you are right, you gain nothing. Tell me if I'm wrong, but what does arguing on a forum gain a theist more than an atheist?

We are doing God's work. We are spreading the word. Of course, I realize atheists argue in hopes to open the eyes of the world to their belief that there are no gods. So yea...
redace333
redace333
130 posts
Nomad

The reason i debate here is to strengthen my faith and to basically practice. So when i debate someone in the real world maybe i can convert them.

If you "convert" me to theism and it turns out you are right, you gain nothing.

Maybe, but the person that i converted would have gained everything.
samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

We gain a brother or sister I'm Christ, the approval of God (obviously conversion isn't necessary for salvation however), and we are follwing our Messiah's final command. We argue because we love you.

Maverick5762
Maverick5762
240 posts
Peasant

We are doing God's work. We are spreading the word. Of course, I realize atheists argue in hopes to open the eyes of the world to their belief that there are no gods. So yea...

Yeah. Converting more to atheism helps keep religions and religious issues out of politics and lawmaking! Like it should be. We are just doing our forefathers work and spreading their word!
redace333
redace333
130 posts
Nomad

Very well put Samy.

Maverick5762
Maverick5762
240 posts
Peasant

We gain a brother or sister I'm Christ, the approval of God (obviously conversion isn't necessary for salvation however), and we are follwing our Messiah's final command. We argue because we love you.

And I argue because I want to increase the intelligence and open-mindedness of my countries people.
samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

It would seem that your opinions are very close minded and ignorant of human culture but hey I'm the idiot who believe on God right?

redace333
redace333
130 posts
Nomad

Yeah. Converting more to atheism helps keep religions and religious issues out of politics and lawmaking!

But how does keeping religions and religious issues out of politics and lawmaking help anything?

And I argue because I want to increase the intelligence and open-mindedness of my countries people.

How does that matter though? if atheism was true people live for aprx 80 years in a good country. Then they die and... well... done.
It seems logical that you should do something "Fun" like play video games all your life or something.
Maverick5762
Maverick5762
240 posts
Peasant

It would seem that your opinions are very close minded and ignorant of human culture but hey I'm the idiot who believe on God right?

Why do you think my opinions are close minded of human culture? What do you even mean?

How does that matter though? if atheism was true people live for aprx 80 years in a good country. Then they die and... well... done.
It seems logical that you should do something "Fun" like play video games all your life or something.

Exactly... Enjoy life.
wolf1991
wolf1991
3,437 posts
Farmer

I was thinking about life after death. Technically we do live after we die. Our bodies decompose and our atoms become part of everything. And there's nothing wrong with being more open minded.

wolf1991
wolf1991
3,437 posts
Farmer

Why do you think my opinions are close minded of human culture? What do you even mean?

He means you have no understanding of human nature and the consequential cultures that form because of it. Isolate a group of people with no prior knowledge of modern life and they will adapt to the land, and form a religion. It's in our nature to want to explain things.
redace333
redace333
130 posts
Nomad

Exactly... Enjoy life.

[sarcasm]To me, it doesn't seem like getting smashed in a debate with two "closed minded Christian weirdos" would be very enjoyable[/sarcasm]

I was thinking about life after death. Technically we do live after we die. Our bodies decompose and our atoms become part of everything. And there's nothing wrong with being more open minded.

Reminds me of a quote that My brother/Myself made up that I'm going to make into a bumper sticker:
"Don't be so open-minded your brain falls out"
Maverick5762
Maverick5762
240 posts
Peasant

He means you have no understanding of human nature and the consequential cultures that form because of it. Isolate a group of people with no prior knowledge of modern life and they will adapt to the land, and form a religion. It's in our nature to want to explain things.

Well in this way I am not close-minded. I understand this exactly. We want to explore and explain things. I just think religion is an outdated way of doing this....
Showing 226-240 of 388