ForumsThe TavernThis Thread is Currently about: Dogs

9738 4717957
Saving123
Saving123
1,258 posts
Nomad

Well I guess the title says it all, I was just wondering who ya'll thought were the most active 'forumers' in this part of the AG forum. Opinions, that what this Forum is going to be, pure opinions, and yes you can say 'Me'.

• 9,738 Replies
ILikePie234
ILikePie234
14 posts
Nomad

Well i have 1 rated game and 2 comments and you guys can look how many forum posts

sonicheroes95
sonicheroes95
13,701 posts
Peasant

heh, a system could suck but have the best games of all time, just like a system could be the best but have the worst games of all time... now if you need me, i'll be trying to hack spyro 3 again to make it slightly harder with out getting that fail-safe triggered...

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

These days, people care excessively about a game's graphics. The graphics may be nice, but without the other key aspects of the game, it's a piece of crap.

MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

I still have a keyboard with a C=64 written onto it.

ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY COMMODORE 64!! I remember when those were top of the line.
aknerd
aknerd
1,416 posts
Peasant

These days, people care excessively about a game's graphics

Agreed. I know people who won't buy a game just because the graphics looked bad in a comercial. I've never had this problem, because my t.v. is around ten years old, therefore making all games look bad (and small text illegible...).

When it comes to graphics, the main thing I care about is fluidity of motion. It just makes everything so much more believable and engaging.
knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY COMMODORE 64!! I remember when those were top of the line.

Sadly, I don't.

Heh, so I'm the only one here in this thread not old enough to remember the C64, that knows what it is. Oooh, C64 games.

@aknerd

Fluidity and seamless motion is important. A laggy game isn't fun to play.
sonicheroes95
sonicheroes95
13,701 posts
Peasant

i believe fluidity and seamless motion both fall under gameplay...

it's sad how today great games are so rare it's not funny. i believe the last good game i've played was kh2... a PS2 game... hopefully they keep making ps2 games because i don't want a ps3.

MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

I'm actually one of those massive nerds that has the original Oregon Trail on my PC A throw back to my days in grade school. Except I don't have to deal with a box of the 5 1/4" floppy disks (and yes, for you kids that have never seen one, they really were floppy)

alexstargazer
alexstargazer
347 posts
Nomad

A lot of the older games are better than today's games, just because of the awesome gameplay. Now, games are really similar to each other, and none really stand out a whole lot.

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

Heh, I got my hands on Oregon Trail a while back for nostalgic purposes. Was fun..

Oh, and those floppies really were floppy.

MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

I love Oregon Trail sooo much. It is still a fantastic game, 20 years later.

MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

Actually now that I think of it, I'd love to see a great studio, such as Bethesda or Rockstar, or someone with similar capabilities and ingenuity to take on Oregon Trail as a new game. Turn it into some sort of adventure/rpg game.

Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

Yeah in the past people created games because they could and wanted to make good games. Now it's just a giant business and game developers are just trying to make as much money as humanly possible.

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

Hmm..

It'd have to involve quite a bit of action..

i believe fluidity and seamless motion both fall under gameplay...

I'm talking about fluidity and seamless motion of the graphics.
alexstargazer
alexstargazer
347 posts
Nomad

I agree with MRWalker... if some other game company took on Oregon Trail, and made it into an entirely new game, it would be amazing (as long as they redid it good).

If they redid it, and it was good, I would most likely buy it.

Showing 1711-1725 of 9738