ForumsThe TavernThis Thread is Currently about: Dogs

9738 4718480
Saving123
Saving123
1,258 posts
Nomad

Well I guess the title says it all, I was just wondering who ya'll thought were the most active 'forumers' in this part of the AG forum. Opinions, that what this Forum is going to be, pure opinions, and yes you can say 'Me'.

• 9,738 Replies
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Yeah. I want to create sprites for MUGEN. But it's... kinda time-consuming. Really time consuming.

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,375 posts
Blacksmith

retro gaming. It doesn't get mroe retro then the atari, which I have. Along with the origional sega, and the NES. I have the First playstation to.

New games can't compare to the old ones. Games now adays are way to esaay. doea anyone remember playing "Donkey knog" Where mario tried climbing up to peach while avoiding barrels? Well if you fell more then yo uwhere tall (about an inch) Yo udied. It was so hard.

Now adays games are so easy. Case in point I love my old games.

KFK
KFK
1,051 posts
Nomad

It doesn't get mroe retro then the atari, which I have.

Yes it does.

doea anyone remember playing "Donkey knog" Where mario tried climbing up to peach while avoiding barrels?

That was so frustrating. I never completed the game. (I only played like ten times, heh).

Now adays games are so easy. Case in point I love my old games.

Yes, they are too easy. That's why I mostly only play RPG:s nowadays. They aren't too easy.
skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,375 posts
Blacksmith

That's why I mostly only play RPG:s nowadays. They aren't too easy.

depends o nthe game. Alot of them just have annoying mazes and thing you have to do.
knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

Yeah. I want to create sprites for MUGEN. But it's... kinda time-consuming. Really time consuming.

Woah, I didn't expect that.

Well, if you ever do I'll be happy to look at them. I might go back to playing MUGEN.. Probably some new stuff to look at in the months that have gone by.

Anyone else?

It doesn't get mroe retro then the atari

The Magnavox Odyssey..

No ones really gives a crap about that though. Atari 2600 is where it's at.

Anyone else here aside from Strop or I that has heard of MUGEN? Played it?
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Alot of them just have annoying mazes and thing you have to do.

Actually most games are just grind, grind, grind. And the really annoying RPGs have mazes. The best RPGs are the ones that let you forget that you are in fact doing the same thing over and over again.

Then again, this theory isn't quite right... I love racing games, and that's pretty much the perfection of repetition for a fair portion...
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Actually most games are just grind, grind, grind. And the really annoying RPGs have mazes. The best RPGs are the ones that let you forget that you are in fact doing the same thing over and over again.

I find the most important factor is re-playability...

Then again, this theory isn't quite right... I love racing games, and that's pretty much the perfection of repetition for a fair portion...

Yeah, it lacks stuff to do once you unlock everything, lack of replay value, unless multiplayer.
knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

I have to agree with you on replayability being important. Only being able to play a game once over doesn't make for good replaying.

escartian
escartian
780 posts
Nomad

Wow this thing is on the third page now!
Anyway it should be know by everyone that good games only last if they have great re-playability.
On a slight side note I think we may need to change the topic.

Classic games are way better then the ordinary retro game!

Quote from Captain Obvious.
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

On a slight side note I think we may need to change the topic.

First rule of this thread: you do not talk about topic change.

TOPIC CHANGE!

I'll let you know right now that the recent directions of this thread has me interested in what a focus group on AG would have to say about certain psychological motivations and trends in gaming... perhaps what I mean will become clearer in the future.
KFK
KFK
1,051 posts
Nomad

If I get the topic...

All games with upgrades I like. Upgrades are so addictive.
You always get something better, and finally you reach the best and you feel, you feel the glory. And it's fun as hell going cruising down the highway in 300-400 km/h with the cops after you in NFS. Or kill the strongest enemy faster than you can blink in any strategy/action game.

^Hope I got that right, hmm..

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

[Insert Official Title Here]

1-----Pages 1-23-------"Most Active Forummers"
2-----Pages 23-34------"Explosive Releases"
3-----Pages 34-35------"Sniffing Substances"
4-----Pages 35-40------"Legal Consumpion of Questionable Substances"
3-----Pages 40-42------"Illogisms"
4-----Pages 42-47------"Legion"
5-----Pages 47-80-----"Bears"
5A----Pages 70-80-----"Kirby"
6-----Pages 80-89-----"Radiocative Exposure"
7-----Pages 89-91------"Spontaneous Combustion Constituent of er..."
8-----Pages 91-96------"How Would You Like to Die?
9-----Pages 96-105------"Kiddie Movies"
10----Pages 105-113------"Awesome Pop Culture Icons"
11----Pages 113-161------"Internettisms"
11A---Pages 125-126------"Ice Cream"
11B---Pages 127-143------"Longest, Favorite, and Made-up Words"
11C---Pages 143-155------"Sarah Palin and Other Stuff"
11D---Pages 155-160------"Games"
12----Pages 161-167------"Mario Kart"
13----Pages 167-193------"Retro Gaming"
14----Pages 193-___------"Obsession with Upgrade Systems in Games"

Achievements.. Ah, some people love to be competitive and fight to outpeform their rivals. Achievements give these people another way of gauging their skill and bragging about their superiority.

Though they are quite addictive nevertheless.

KFK
KFK
1,051 posts
Nomad

Achievements give these people another way of gauging their skill and bragging about their superiority.

That's how Microsoft get money from Halo 3, heh....
Once I played that at my friend's, I got 1/4 of all the achievements (I had played for 4 or 5 hours and my friend had played for half a year). That got me addicted (laughing at newbies).
escartian
escartian
780 posts
Nomad

First rule of this thread: you do not talk about topic change.

Technically speaking I never said anything. Nor did I open my mouth (I breathe through my nose)
Upgrades are always fun
video games or not...
Nater
Nater
1,296 posts
Nomad

Isn't that why Kongregate suck a successful website? The achievements?

Showing 1906-1920 of 9738