ForumsThe TavernThis Thread is Currently about: Dogs

9738 4718532
Saving123
Saving123
1,258 posts
Nomad

Well I guess the title says it all, I was just wondering who ya'll thought were the most active 'forumers' in this part of the AG forum. Opinions, that what this Forum is going to be, pure opinions, and yes you can say 'Me'.

• 9,738 Replies
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

I'm surprised that everybody asked about Kongregate and no flame war over AG's AP and ranking system erupted. Well done guys.

Since when were games supposed to be an ECONOMY?

Since they started going "cha-ching!", duh.

I do like racing games that allow you to tune. Upgrade is cool too, but only if you can actually tune the upgrades yourself. This is why I still play NFS Underground 2 despite the fact I think it's an otherwise mediocre game: you can tune in quite a bit of detail. Too bad your brand choices of upgrade don't affect the level of upgrade itself.
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,504 posts
Jester

[quote=Strop]Since they started going "cha-ching!", duh.[/quote]

You mean when games were a business? Lol, games have always been businesses since Pong was sold in stores. Those were good times. Times when you could buy a game from the store, take it out of its packaging, insert it into the appropriate system, and play it. Now, we have expansion sets, downloadable content, and STEAM.

--Expansion sets are the least of the evil out there. Maybe the developers were going along with a continuation of the story but didn't want to wait until the next game. So with 9 dollars, you enjoy a continuation of the storyline, with added fixes/improvements to the game. Not much to complain here.

-- Downloadable content gives you access to extra tidbits and bonuses in the game, created by developers. But since they were made by the company, you must pay for it to access it. There are even some games where the downloadable content is already part of the coding (Dragon Age: Origins, I'm looking at you), yet you must pay money to unlock or access it. I mean, you already technically paid for it, yet you pay to have the coding modified to open it. And with so much to pay for and so much content to peruse though, it's extra fun!

--Steam. Freaking Steam. Wait, this is talking about upgrade systems. Okay, I won't bore you with this rant. Yet.

--MMORPGS. Freaking MMOs. Something that is so whacked, that you are able to pay for virtual property and items. Something that doesn't even matter in real life, yet you can either pay for it, or spend time collecting it. You even have people farming these items and property and sell them on Amazon, because they know that people want these items because they don't want to play a game.

THAT. Is what I mean by economy.

KFK
KFK
1,051 posts
Nomad

@Strop

Sweet sweet upgrades.
That is rare in todays NFS upgrade systems. The only ones that are close to Underground 2 are Nitro (for DS and Wii) and Carbon. Sadly.

@Freakenstien

You are totally right. Though the Dragon Age series are some of my fave games. I enjoyed it without exstentions (I admit that I got two free extensions, but I never used them!).
And MMORPG's are death traps. If they get you addicted, bam bankrupt.

CommanderDude7
CommanderDude7
4,689 posts
Nomad

Dont forget all the money made by Farmville in facebook. Course I dont know if it qualifies as a MMORPG.

Zega
Zega
6,921 posts
Peasant

olololol i wnat link to get upgr4d3s liek turrets on his sheild!!!1! dat be the shiz

chang
chang
846 posts
Nomad

I really have no idea why but upgrades systems in games somehow compel me to waste my life getting every single upgrade. I annoy myself with this habit. Although games with really solid gameplay do sometimes make me okay with a lack of an upgrade system

razgrizfly
razgrizfly
10 posts
Peasant

i think games that are really good have an good upgrade system but it doesnt interfere too much with the normal gameplay... its all about balance i'd say

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

Farmville's somewhat like a simulation, a farm simulation.

Google567
Google567
4,013 posts
Farmer

Question I'd liked answered would be what happens to the Ps3 after the Ps4 possibly comes out in 2015?
Will it end up game wize like the Ps2?
No way though it could fail for it has way more than ps2 ever did.

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

Well, I believe game production for the console will remain until developers entirely switch over to the new console. Should take a while..

And yes, I do expect more of the worked upon games to head to the PS4 after it has been out for a while. Maybe most.

Everything depends. PS3 development could taper off and cease with crappy games, or not. The PS3's superiority over the PS2 is not as much as a factor as the PS4 (new console) superceding the PS3 (old console) is. Development for predecessor consoles is gradually abandoned, as the newer consoles mature.

darkgreenleaf
darkgreenleaf
15 posts
Nomad

I was gonna follow this... until it got 196 pages... -_-

bigjacob
bigjacob
578 posts
Farmer

How do yal know that ps4 will even come out.And sp[eaking of which is the rumor about xbox 7200 true?

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

btw I'm going to gently steer this away from any "console comparison", as there are about 350982409286 threads on that already in the gaming sections.

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

Yeah.

Last word of mine here, I'd expect a PS4 to come out around that time (2015), as Sony is in no rush to replace the console.

bigjacob
bigjacob
578 posts
Farmer

5 years by then we might have upgraded into virtual gaming where yuo talk to people but anyway you do that strop so how long has this topic been going on.

Showing 1936-1950 of 9738