ForumsThe TavernThis Thread is Currently about: Dogs

9738 3981825
Saving123
Saving123
1,258 posts
Nomad

Well I guess the title says it all, I was just wondering who ya'll thought were the most active 'forumers' in this part of the AG forum. Opinions, that what this Forum is going to be, pure opinions, and yes you can say 'Me'.

• 9,738 Replies
FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

The association of mustelae to three-part series and/or visible optics is one which at present eludes me.

Alp_Ehni
Alp_Ehni
315 posts
Farmer

I'm a simple guy. I see ferrets, i nerd out about ferrets.

Hey, did you know the sounds ferrets make is called dooking? And did you know ferreting is not actually as cute as it sounds? (they put trained ferrets into rabbit holes to hunt them, so Ferret and Gantic would probably be mortal enemies.)

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

You wanted to hear about ferrets?

If female ferrets don't mate while on heat, they can die. Ferrets also stink.

However, they are always pleased to see you, unlike cats, but aren't needy, like dogs.

Armour12345
Armour12345
62 posts
Bard

@Arm_Candy Thanks.

Alp_Ehni
Alp_Ehni
315 posts
Farmer

Ferrets belong to the species of dog-likes.

I also have two of them and they can't stop biting either the wall or my foot. They also are very sociable with other animals and, against what some believe, aren't actually hostile to chickens. One even snuggled up on a chicken of mine.

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

Ferrets belong to the species of dog-likes.
There is no such species. Ferrets are the domesticated subspecies of the European polecat, which is a member of the mustelidae (weasel) family.

[...] and, against what some believe, aren't actually hostile to chickens.
A lot of things aren't hostile when they're regularly fed, so yeah.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

According to a guy on Quora, on the basis that there are no cookbooks that feature ferret recipes, ferrets must taste "bad".

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

There is no such species. Ferrets are the domesticated subspecies of the European polecat, which is a member of the mustelidae (weasel) family.

Mustelidae which is a member of the vast taxon Caniformia (literally "dog-like&quot, along with pinnipeds, bears and dogs. Alp_Ehni's only mistake was calling the taxon a 'species' (instead of suborder according to wiki).
FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

Exactly, so we're in agreement that there is no such species.

SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

According to a guy on Quora, on the basis that there are no cookbooks that feature ferret recipes, ferrets must taste "bad".

Why is your first instinct always "I want to eat it" when you come across something? 😲
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

You know, sometimes I wonder how far will a ferret go if I chuck it across an empty field.

And then I realize that is a sadistic thought and is the reason I scare my mother.

dorukayhan
dorukayhan
1,318 posts
Bard

i think there are two major types of ferrets:

1) animals called "ferrets"
2) Ferret (i intentionally omitted that @ sign. plz dont ask why)

Arm_Candy
Arm_Candy
716 posts
Bard

I'm actually a bit sad, having seen very few ferrets around anymore.

That only means you are not looking in the right places. Nearly-empty, discarded pizza boxes are almost guaranteed to house at least one or two.
TheGalacticGargoyle
TheGalacticGargoyle
566 posts
Peasant

Nearly-empty, discarded pizza boxes are almost guaranteed to house at least one or two.

Nope. I don't think there are any ferrets here in Malaysia. I may be wrong. All we got here are rodents.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Well now I'm thinking about it and I think it depends on its air speed velocity.

Ok, I'll do the throwing and you can do the complicated, boring math stuff.

plz dont ask why

Why can't I ask why?

Nearly-empty, discarded pizza boxes are almost guaranteed to house at least one or two.

Alright everyone, look in the dumpsters of every single pizza place. We'll find our Ferret somehow.

All we got here are rodents.

You fool! How could you have let them go?! We could have interrogated them on Ferret's whereabouts!

Showing 9646-9660 of 9738