ForumsThe TavernThis Thread is Currently about: Dogs

9738 4719701
Saving123
Saving123
1,258 posts
Nomad

Well I guess the title says it all, I was just wondering who ya'll thought were the most active 'forumers' in this part of the AG forum. Opinions, that what this Forum is going to be, pure opinions, and yes you can say 'Me'.

• 9,738 Replies
XVERB
XVERB
3,137 posts
Nomad

I think this is the fastest growing thread on AG, 3,000 or so posts in a little over 3 months.

and its hardly active right now (:
Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

For such a BORING TOPIC!!!

thaaank you!
Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,061 posts
Jester

The topic is units of measurement, were you expecting activity?

Blackwolves990
Blackwolves990
331 posts
Shepherd

awesome topic !!! too boring to be true

loloynage2
loloynage2
4,206 posts
Peasant

lol all of you guys are not even talking about the main idea

Anyways....dam Americans having so hard measuring system. Can't we all be cm,m,km...cg,g,kg and so on. i mean its easier to have 10, 100, 1000 then those weird "feet" "ounce" &quotound"....

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

dam Americans having so hard measuring system.

It's England's system. Blame them, not us.

Can't we all be cm,m,km...cg,g,kg and so on. i mean its easier to have 10, 100, 1000 then those weird "feet" "ounce" &quotound"....

America doesn't like change, if you haven't noticed. Most areas of the country vote Republican. The 2008 election was an exception.
thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,821 posts
Shepherd

I hate customary units. Inches are only useful for the thickness of a nice, juicy, succulent, tasty steak.

EnterOrion
EnterOrion
4,220 posts
Nomad

America doesn't like change, if you haven't noticed. Most areas of the country vote Republican. The 2008 election was an exception.

Oh come on. Don't bring politics into this.

Anyhow, metric is by far way easier. Although I don't like not having an intermediate between cm and m.
jkmadman1
jkmadman1
1,066 posts
Nomad

I like how I was the first one to start units of measurement when I said that 1 mile = 1.609344 or something like that.

bacobit
bacobit
1,671 posts
Nomad

Well, the reason we don't change to metrics is because we'd have a bunch of products that would suddenly become obsolete.

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

Luddites are funny folks.

I hate customary units. Inches are only useful for the thickness of a nice, juicy, succulent, tasty steak.

I actually only use inches to measure height. I haven't completely gotten the feel for centimetres. I blame all that time I spent in America and the Philippines.

Anyhow, metric is by far way easier. Although I don't like not having an intermediate between cm and m.

There are decimetres (10 cm = 1 dm) but what kind of arse would want to use those everyday? No one does. I'm pretty fine with that though.
thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,821 posts
Shepherd

Ever heard of decimeters?
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

Oh come on. Don't bring politics into this.

The point is, no matter how easy a measurement system may be, America isn't going to change it's measuring ways. We are a stubborn folk, but it keeps us unique in some ways.
knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

The point is, no matter how easy a measurement system may be, America isn't going to change it's measuring ways. We are a stubborn folk, but it keeps us unique in some ways.

You are unique, just like everyone else.

Ever heard of decimeters?

No one hears of centilitres either.
loloynage2
loloynage2
4,206 posts
Peasant

No one hears of centilitres either.

Well if you live in Canada (well at-least me) you have to learn all of those.

Well is that unique always good? lol anyways that's not the point. It is true that Americans will always be the most stubborn and stereotypical people ever. Don't we just love them?

Also. Fahrenheit sucks. Like really. Celsius is a lot better and more practical. 0 should always be the freezing point.
Showing 2986-3000 of 9738