ForumsThe TavernThis Thread is Currently about: Dogs

9738 4719712
Saving123
Saving123
1,258 posts
Nomad

Well I guess the title says it all, I was just wondering who ya'll thought were the most active 'forumers' in this part of the AG forum. Opinions, that what this Forum is going to be, pure opinions, and yes you can say 'Me'.

• 9,738 Replies
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

It is true that Americans will always be the most stubborn and stereotypical people ever.

It depends on which stereotypes you're referring to. There are so many different kinds of stereotypical Americans that some will die out while others remain the same for all eternity.

Also. Fahrenheit sucks. Like really. Celsius is a lot better and more practical. 0 should always be the freezing point.

Celsius isn't any better than Fahrenheit, but Fahrenheit isn't any better than Celsius. They're both equally terrible. Fahrenheit is more exact in its use of whole numbers, but it has obscure boiling and freezing points. Celsius has easy freezing/boiling points, but it relies a lot more on decimals. Both use negatives in their measurements, which is why neither of them should be used by anybody who has any respect for logic.

Kelvin is the only accurate measurement. Zero is zero and there is nothing below it.
knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

Well if you live in Canada (well at-least me) you have to learn all of those.

We've got to learn those too. However I'll only be using mL and L for volumes. I don't want to use quarts, pints, fluid ounces and gallons.
loloynage2
loloynage2
4,206 posts
Peasant

They're both equally terrible. Fahrenheit is more exact in its use of whole numbers, but it has obscure boiling and freezing points. Celsius has easy freezing/boiling points, but it relies a lot more on decimals. Both use negatives in their measurements, which is why neither of them should be used by anybody who has any respect for logic.

Well, you can always think of an other system and call it the Ernie15

Kelvin is the only accurate measurement. Zero is zero and there is nothing below it.

Actually the Kelvin is extremely terrible for casual usage. Normal people won't use the first 243.15 of the Kelvin at all. So its 243.15 of waste.
Zega
Zega
6,921 posts
Peasant

1 Mile = 1760 yards = 3 feet = 12 inches = what the f*ck....

Zega
Zega
6,921 posts
Peasant

Actually, what I meant was, a mile is 1760 yards.
A yard is 3 feet.
A foot is 12 inches.

What the duck.

Joe96
Joe96
2,226 posts
Peasant

...This is strange, somehow you change the name of your thread...
I'm a little confused.

xKimchix
xKimchix
323 posts
Nomad

I love it how all of you wants the USA to have change. Even though we still use the Customary System, we still apply the metric system to our everyday lives. And because the USA passed the Education Amendments of 1974, the Metric Conversion Act of 1975, the Omnibus Trade and Competitiveness Act of 1988, and Fair Packaging and Labeling Act, our nation encourages Government Agencies to Manufacturers to Educational Agencies to learn and use the metric system.

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

That only applies to areas such as engineering, science, commerce, trade, etc. All regular folks still use the US Imperial system. One doesn't necessarily have to abide by encouragement.

1337Player
1337Player
1,766 posts
Peasant

Personally I'm perfectly fine with any measurement system I use. As long as it's not that confusing.

Sigh... why does everything have to be different?

xKimchix
xKimchix
323 posts
Nomad

[quote...This is strange, somehow you change the name of your thread...
I'm a little confused.[/quote]

Most likely Stropee changed the title.

loloynage2
loloynage2
4,206 posts
Peasant

...This is strange, somehow you change the name of your thread...
I'm a little confused.

The less you know the better it is
Demonator133
Demonator133
76 posts
Nomad

firetail has the most and I have the least

1337Player
1337Player
1,766 posts
Peasant

firetail has the most and I have the least

This thread is not about that anymore. And no, you don't have the least amount of posts. Ghosts do.

Refer to the latest table of contents on page 300 that knight has kept track of for the topics that have been discussed in this thread. This thread's topic is depended on our randomness.
FireflyIV
FireflyIV
3,224 posts
Nomad

Oh for crying out loud. Why can't you metric miscreants just use the British Imperial system? After all God does (he's English in case you didn't know) and look how good things are going for him, presiding over the universe and all.

And while we're at it, why can't you all fly the Union Jack as a mark of respect to your betters?

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,504 posts
Jester

Because Firefly. We Americans are one of three non-metric bastards in the whole world

Because we Americans kicked the British's butts twice!

Showing 3001-3015 of 9738