ForumsThe TavernThis Thread is Currently about: Dogs

9738 4719816
Saving123
Saving123
1,258 posts
Nomad

Well I guess the title says it all, I was just wondering who ya'll thought were the most active 'forumers' in this part of the AG forum. Opinions, that what this Forum is going to be, pure opinions, and yes you can say 'Me'.

• 9,738 Replies
xKimchix
xKimchix
323 posts
Nomad

We did give British a whooping, the War of 1812 is mostly considered to everyone a tie since the Britist did burn down D.C.

holt24
holt24
1,133 posts
Nomad

the War of 1812 is mostly considered to everyone a tie since the Britist did burn down D.C.

No we let them burn it so we could collect the insurance money.
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,504 posts
Jester

We did give British a whooping, the War of 1812 is mostly considered to everyone a tie since the Britist did burn down The White House

Fix'd! And I will NEVA go to the metric system. We use this system because it is more precise.
jdoggparty
jdoggparty
5,860 posts
Nomad

We did give British a whooping, the War of 1812 is mostly considered to everyone a tie since the Britist did burn down D.C.

That doesn't matter. We still won the war.

Metric is so much easier though.
holt24
holt24
1,133 posts
Nomad

Man you guys must have had bad history teachers.

We tricked the british into burning the white house so we could collect the insurance money and buy lots of guns.

samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

Good thing we did to, in all reality the war of 1812 was at least as important as the Revolutionary War as it completely established us as an independent and powerful nation.

We tricked the british into burning the white house so we could collect the insurance money and buy lots of guns.

Sounds conservative.
holt24
holt24
1,133 posts
Nomad

Guns for the military.

FireflyIV
FireflyIV
3,224 posts
Nomad

It was a good way to get some practice in for Napoleon. Our raping and pillaging skills weren't quite up to muster.
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,504 posts
Jester

To win a war as the offensive nation:

-- Take over the land and force compliance.

To win a war as the defensive nation:

-- Protect your land and drive the offensive forces out of your land.

Despite offensive being the harder of the two to carry out, the United States was deemed #1 because back then they did not have a fully-established military yet. So a partially-inexperienced militia beat and drove back an elite squadron of British forces.

Good thing we did to, in all reality the war of 1812 was at least as important as the Revolutionary War as it completely established us as an independent and powerful nation.

As well as establishing us as the most powerful nation and free from using the metric system.
Hypermnestra
Hypermnestra
26,390 posts
Nomad

What impostor do you call your history teacher?
holt24
holt24
1,133 posts
Nomad

What impostor do you call your history teacher?

My teacher was not an imposter.
Hypermnestra
Hypermnestra
26,390 posts
Nomad

As well as establishing us as the most powerful nation and free from using the metric system.

And don't forget, it also saved us from spelling everything half-backwards. If we hadn't won the War of 1812, we'd all be talking about "theatres" and "centres". It also saved us from acute tea-drinking lol.

My teacher was not an impostor.

Fixed.
And can you not take a joke?

It was a good way to get some practice in for Napoleon. Our raping and pillaging skills weren't quite up to muster.

By the Burning Of Washington, hadn't the British already driven out the French?
samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

Oh dear god yes, I don't know how I would weak with being as weak as a European country or using the eurogay metric system.

My teacher was not an imposter.

He was a conservative.
holt24
holt24
1,133 posts
Nomad

Fixed.

Stope fixing meh mestakes gosh dangit!!!
FireflyIV
FireflyIV
3,224 posts
Nomad

Nope.

To sum up the para, the general consensus among historians is that it was a draw. A small minority think the British won the war, and an even smaller minority think both of them won the war, strategically speaking.
Showing 3016-3030 of 9738