ForumsThe TavernThis Thread is Currently about: Dogs

9738 4725376
Saving123
Saving123
1,258 posts
Nomad

Well I guess the title says it all, I was just wondering who ya'll thought were the most active 'forumers' in this part of the AG forum. Opinions, that what this Forum is going to be, pure opinions, and yes you can say 'Me'.

• 9,738 Replies
Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

I thought the friedzone worked this way. I'll just use Jack and Jill for the examples names.

example 1.)
Jack is interested in Jill as more than friends. Jill likes Jack as a friend and only friends, nothing more. Jill also, does not know Jack has feelings for her. Jill does Jack doesn't want to be very up front to Jill about his feelings because he can kind of tell that Jill does not have romantic feeling for him. Jack never confronts her and stays in the friend zone.

Example 2.)
Jack is interested in Jill. Jill knows that he is, but is to &quotolite" to tell him she is not interested. Which means she has no backbone and is going to lead him on for as long as possible to avoid an awkward situation. She will send mixed signals. She'll hang out with him and have a good time, but if Jack were to confront her, about his feelings, she would give him some elusive answer. Answers like, "I don't want to complicate things", "I don't want to ruin what we have." these answers make Jack feel as if there is some sort of chance with her so he doesn't give up. She should just tell him they are just friends and nothing more and that if he feels that way maybe it is best they stop seeing each other, but she doesn't.

Example 3.)
Jack is interested in Jill. Jill knows it. She shouldn't hang out with him, but does anyway because she feels bad saying no and she does enjoy his company. Jack often confronts Jill about his feelings toward her but she tells him over and over that they are only friends and she wants nothing more. In this case Jack should stop seeing her because he knows she is a waste of time.

I don't think you can be in the friend zone if both people are not interested in each other. That would just make you friends.

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

If you get zoned, don't worry, just settle into it and you may be pleasantly surprised with the perception that your friend eventually finds you more attractive than you find them :P

True story, bro.

assassin89
assassin89
1,303 posts
Nomad

Thing is i dont get why my friend (th one i explained before) felt she needed to go out with this guy who was her frind its made things bad and really awkward between everyone. I have a lot of close realtionships with boys but ive never wanted to go out with any of them. Partly because i know it would ruin things and also because I dont think they look at me like that which is suppose would offend or annoy other people but i dont care.

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Example 3.)
Jack is interested in Jill. Jill knows it. She shouldn't hang out with him, but does anyway because she feels bad saying no and she does enjoy his company. Jack often confronts Jill about his feelings toward her but she tells him over and over that they are only friends and she wants nothing more. In this case Jack should stop seeing her because he knows she is a waste of time.
I am a bit on both sides of this situation. >_>

Bit tired of rejecting guys who are sort-of-friends (not close, but same social circle and can talk with for a while) and keep implying they would like to have sex with me.
Bit tired of having a hopeless crush on a friend (we had it going for a year, then it broke for reasons). But too good a friend to just walk away.

I do... Tend to be more attracted to friends than random people, though. Probably the feeling of familiarity or something. If I don't trust people enough to call them friends, why would I trust them enough to be intimate.

/random rambling
assassin89
assassin89
1,303 posts
Nomad

If I don't trust people enough to call them friends, why would I trust them enough to be intimate.

Thats really true actually for some reason i never thought of it that way. Although im not really gunna be "intimate" any time soon thats kinda illegal.
Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,061 posts
Jester

^ lulz

Actually as long as consent is given by both parties providing both are minors...

jjrocks66
jjrocks66
912 posts
Shepherd

i have a friend zone story. lol
so my best friend like this girl a lot and the other day they were texting and when she left he told her he loves her she replied me too. the next day he showed me the texts and i told him it could mean just as a friend, turns out i was right.

jkmadman1
jkmadman1
1,066 posts
Nomad

You have to be careful though, A lot of my friends that are girls say i love you to everyone and everything so some people get confused on which may be real or not.

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Yeahhh, "I love you" isn't necessarily a good way of alerting someone that you're interested... It can either be too strong a phrase or, as said above, a much too common one.

Thats really true actually for some reason i never thought of it that way. Although im not really gunna be "intimate" any time soon thats kinda illegal.
Intimacy is a lot more than just sex.
Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,061 posts
Jester

Not to most teenagers, it isn't. Then again we don't exactly refer to it as intimacy. It's more of a "wham bam thank you mam" kinda deal.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

"wham bam thank you mam"

Yea sometimes it's like that but most of the time i like relationships.
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Not to most teenagers, it isn't. Then again we don't exactly refer to it as intimacy. It's more of a "wham bam thank you mam" kinda deal.
That's why I'm saying "intimacy" - I could just have said "sex" if that was what I meant, but stuff like kissing, holding hands, just being close. Or even just talking about stuff with full trust towards the other. Sex is more of a passion thing, really.
samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

I actually disagree with myself, lord knows I wish I didn't but I do. I've been offered sex before by passed it up because I at least want the first time to be something special, hence the reason I'm forced into the friend zone so often.
Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

I have a question for all you clever nubbins of AG: If someone has a sexual drive above normal; and finds it hard to get around in life without sleeping with multiple(?) people a lot, does that make them a ****?
I think that's a kind of on topic question :/

Spirytysta
Spirytysta
94 posts
Scribe

I'm trying to be here every day.
I play few games, comment, rate and of course I read post ;]
I don't write too much ^^

Showing 4456-4470 of 9738