ForumsThe TavernThis Thread is Currently about: Dogs

9738 4725264
Saving123
Saving123
1,258 posts
Nomad

Well I guess the title says it all, I was just wondering who ya'll thought were the most active 'forumers' in this part of the AG forum. Opinions, that what this Forum is going to be, pure opinions, and yes you can say 'Me'.

• 9,738 Replies
Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

You did it wrong Efan.

You mean the ------ bit? Goodness!
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

For me, "zoning" is somewhat necessary because I have to balance professional considerations along with everything else. It's very awkward for one's work life if you're good friends with a colleague and then all of a sudden you horrendously disrupt the status quo by sleeping with them. With non-colleagues and people who won't interact with my colleagues and therefore not potentially spread rumours about my sex life to colleagues... not such a big issue!
Less "friend" and more "work-related" zone here, is it?
Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,061 posts
Jester

The way I see it, most relationships in our younger years, especially those in our high school era don't last long at all. Say two people who are best friends decide to go out, if that relationship ends badly there is a very good chance the two will no longer remain friends. So, why risk it?

It's not as if ^ is the norm though. I have friends who've dated previously and are great friends now, so it depends on the person. :s

assassin89
assassin89
1,303 posts
Nomad

Say two people who are best friends decide to go out, if that relationship ends badly there is a very good chance the two will no longer remain friends. So, why risk it?

Thats really true, thats kinda happening a the mo with my friend (not with me obviously). Shes going out with this guy who was our friend (the rest of hate him now) and its really awkward if any of her other friends try to talk to him. Hes very clingy and protective its seriously pissing me off.
acepilot0
acepilot0
359 posts
Nomad

In my opinion, accepting the friend zone is the best thing you can do. Pining over one person for so long, someone in the friend zone, puts the blinders on and makes you miss other opportunities. Not every teenage romance is forever. In fact, few are and you have to expect that.

Strongbow
Strongbow
324 posts
Nomad

I suppose I don't understand exactly what the "friend zone" entails. I read the posts attempting to explain it, but for some reason the concept eludes me.

I have several male friends, who have never asked/offered anything besides friendship. However, that's not to say that I wouldn't date one of them, possibly. Am I getting even close to what this is all about, or am I just not hip enough?

Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,061 posts
Jester

Watch Friends, there's a great explanation of it.

Hypermnestra
Hypermnestra
26,390 posts
Nomad

Here's a funny Chris Rock bit on it.Explicit language.
The volume is terrible but whatcha gonna do. Just turn up the volume.

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

You mean the ------ bit? Goodness!

I am pedantic when necessary dear Frank.
Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

I am pedantic when necessary dear Frank.

Someone gots tricked
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,504 posts
Jester

HeLLO, I grew a beard? Remember?

In my experiences, if the sexual need for a relationship is greater than settling on mere friendships, then the two friends can potentially become partners. Childhood friends who suddenly have strong feelings towards each other will find themselves becoming partners if their attraction is greater, rather than just being intimate friends. These types, however, have to look toward the future instead of the present for likely problems. What would happen should they break up? Remain friends or become awkward when they greet each other?

It is best to find someone, get to know them for a couple weeks, a couple months tops, then see if s/he is the right one for you. If not, settle on being friends. Doing this before rather than after can prevent a lot of sads.

jkmadman1
jkmadman1
1,066 posts
Nomad

I agree with freakenstein. what if they decided to have sex? Really awkward for them. If the guy said i love you and they broke up again theyre in an awkward position.

Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

Freindzone, it can be useful in making a larger social network for yourself.

jkmadman1
jkmadman1
1,066 posts
Nomad

Freindzone, it can be useful in making a larger social network for yourself.

That actually happened to me. I decided to keep my friend at the friend zone and through her im now friends with like 10 more people. Thanks Maggz
Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

Thanks to feminism, I grew up thinking that there was no way a girl in their right mind would ever display an active sexual attraction to a guy.
Hey, funny. Similar thing happened to me.

Now, let me be clear: I have no idea what I'm talking about. But, speaking from ignorance: The "friend zone" works like this:

A friend is not datable/whateverable because he or she is not the type of person you want to date. Not because he or she is a friend, but because friendship and dating have a different set of criteria.

I certainly wouldn't want to date all of my friends, even though they're gr- passable friends. I wouldn't date them if they were strangers, either. They just aren't what I want from a romantic venture.

I (like to) think that people assume rejection is based on friendship because the alternative is that they are themselves inadequate, not just a victim of cruel circumstance. Also, something something feminism
Showing 4441-4455 of 9738