The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernThis Thread is Currently about: Dogs

9738 4725556
Saving123
Saving123
1,258 posts
Nomad

Well I guess the title says it all, I was just wondering who ya'll thought were the most active 'forumers' in this part of the AG forum. Opinions, that what this Forum is going to be, pure opinions, and yes you can say 'Me'.

• 9,738 Replies
Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,061 posts
Jester

Wikipedia.

You know being atheist Christmas has lost it's appeal, I wonder why...

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Maybe because they look to it as a Christian holiday. Not all of it is Christian though.

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

I thought it was illegal or something to call the Christmas holidays just that though. You can't say "Happy Christmas" on a commercial basis, instead retailers etc. have to use "Happy Holidays"? Or has it been that way for a while? I don't get it. It was all related to something about political correctness getting way out of hand.

jkmadman1
jkmadman1
1,066 posts
Nomad

that makes sense because you have kwanza, hannukah, boxing day, christmas. it's not just christmas. i never really noticed that until now and thanks for explaining what boxing day is ghost of matrix.

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

Boxing Day will be good - better than Christmas I believe.

You know being atheist Christmas has lost it's appeal, I wonder why...

Many people in New Zealand have lost the religious meaning of Christmas. It's a celebration of family, gift giving and food now. I don't mind that at all. It's unlikely that Christ was born on that day. Still, it does nothing to damage my religious belies.

@Strop

I blame people who are offended easily. It's just a name. The holiday is mostly secularized anyway.
eirwen
eirwen
172 posts
Nomad

I don't understand why people get so up in arms about saying Merry Christmas. if you're JEwish say Happy Hanukah etc. Or just pick one. People shouldn't get offended because we're wishing you good things like a blessing.

I say Merry Christmas at work etc and I don't care what people think lol

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

I say Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays. Being offended by that is an overreaction. In other news, just seven hours and four minutes until Christmas over here.

eirwen
eirwen
172 posts
Nomad

Where are you from Knight? Australia?

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

New Zealand. Australia's eastern coast time zone is two hours behind mine. It's 16:14 right now and daylight savings time is in effect over here and in Australia (I think).. We aren't the first to experience the rise of a new day, though we are among that group.

eirwen
eirwen
172 posts
Nomad

Yeah I always bug my friend living there about being in the future lol. I do think it's odd though that you're a full day ahead

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

Well, there are lots of odd things about this earth we live on. Anyway, it's been the 25th for nearly an hour hear so...

Merry Christmas folks! (I don't care if you don't celebrate)

gaboloth
gaboloth
1,612 posts
Peasant

Nooo all the people in Australia and new Zealand are celebrating and I still have to wait 10 hours!
Oh well... Happy christmas eve!

Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

merry efanmas everyone!

Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

That was spam from me. Merry efanmas and a happy newefanyear everyone!

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

The name is too laborious to pronounce, which prevents it from being adopted in any measure.

Unless you conquer the world and impose your will upon humanity.

Showing 4891-4905 of 9738