ForumsThe TavernThis Thread is Currently about: Dogs

9738 4723872
Saving123
Saving123
1,258 posts
Nomad

Well I guess the title says it all, I was just wondering who ya'll thought were the most active 'forumers' in this part of the AG forum. Opinions, that what this Forum is going to be, pure opinions, and yes you can say 'Me'.

• 9,738 Replies
Einfach
Einfach
1,448 posts
Nomad

The name "sandwich" sounds incredibly unappetizing.

Everyone has heard of the sandwich, but John Montagu's name has been lost for the most part. He should have called it, "the Montagu."

Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

He should have called it, "the Montagu."

That would be interesting. Would more people or less people eat it though? You never know what the future holds though I think that the efanwich will explode to fame soon.
knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

I mentioned John Montagu being the fourth Earl of Sandwich. I suppose since he was primarily know by the peerage title he inherited (Pfft.. aristocratic nobles) it'd be better to name it the "Sandwich".

Einfach
Einfach
1,448 posts
Nomad

Sandwich = Sand + Witch. Not exactly appetizing, especially to someone from the middle ages, where they actually DID believe in witches.

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

Sandwich, Kent. Does it actually have anything to do with witches? Greenwich, Ipswich, Northwich, Nantwich, Middlewich.. Sandwich.

Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,061 posts
Jester

Perhaps the earldom of Sandwich was near the coast? I've heard of all of the above barring Ipswich and Nantwich.

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

I read this. Though it's very vague and shouldn't actually be taken as fact.

Sarthra21
Sarthra21
1,078 posts
Nomad

He was only the Earl for a year. That's disappointing when you think about it.

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

What do you mean? He was the Fourth Earl of Sandwich from 1729-1792. He became the Earl after his grandfather died.

CrossViper
CrossViper
481 posts
Nomad

J'envie un sandwich aux saucisson et moutarde...

Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,061 posts
Jester

Well why don't you just go get one?

Also, can we try keeping the posts in English, you know, so I don't have to go find a translator?

CrossViper
CrossViper
481 posts
Nomad

Right, sorry.

I just don't have any salami, and I'm too lazy to go out now.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Yeah, I ran out of ham and turkey yesterday. I wasn't able to make a sandwich for lunch today or eat it as a snack. I had to eat some Pb&j and I prefer not to eat that but it's the only stuff in the cabinets that I can put on a sandwich.

CrossViper
CrossViper
481 posts
Nomad

Man, I haven't been able to bring myself to eat peanut butter since I tried some crunchy Peter Pan brand. I think I got food poisoning cause I got really bad stomach cramps 15 mins later. At about 20 mins I was projectile vomiting in the bathroom.

Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

I had to eat some Pb&j

What the heck is that? I hear it from Americans a lot but I have no idea as to what it means.
Showing 5296-5310 of 9738