ForumsThe TavernThis Thread is Currently about: Dogs

9738 4721756
Saving123
Saving123
1,258 posts
Nomad

Well I guess the title says it all, I was just wondering who ya'll thought were the most active 'forumers' in this part of the AG forum. Opinions, that what this Forum is going to be, pure opinions, and yes you can say 'Me'.

• 9,738 Replies
Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

how life in the slums are difficult and how most girls resort to prostituting.

The class system is so obvious there no one tries to pretend that they are all equal. It's kind of sad really. I have nothing against the country, just most of their culture, religion, and the way they treat the place they live and each other. That makes me racist doesn't it? I don't think so, i've met a few people born and raised there that i've come to respect.
CommanderDude7
CommanderDude7
4,689 posts
Nomad

I have nothing against the country, just most of their culture, religion, and the way they treat the place they live and each other.

lol That really was one of the funniest things Ive read in a while. I may have to quote you on this.
knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

Bollywood is rubbish. But when I see people saying how much they know of Indian culture from watching it, I laugh and tell them to go there. I wonder how much bollywood makes internationally.

They don't make an awful lot, but that doesn't change much.

lol That really was one of the funniest things Ive read in a while. I may have to quote you on this.

Heheh. No, that actually sounded somewhat narrow-minded to me. I'm not praising the caste system, but you can't write off an entire country without actually going there. How much does Efan know about India again? By the way, the cheesy singing and dancing annoy me more than the caste system when I'm watching Indian films. I also don't like arranged marriage.
Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,061 posts
Jester

Bollywood is rubbish.

That I take offense too, Bollywood has many good movies, you just have to know where to find them. Knight the singing and dancing annoy just about everybody, all though the dancing is admirable, the forward button was invented for a reason.

At the bit about arranged marriage, even though I disapprove of the practice, you have to remember that the majority if not all of the world's civilizations have practiced arranged marriage. From what my parents have told me, tradition and status are huge in India, and a marriage is more to help the family as a whole rather than the benefit of the individual.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Bollywood has many good movies, you just have to know where to find them.

They do have good ones. Usually the station called 'IFC' broadcasts many Bollywood films and documentaries about India and most of them are decent enough to sit through and you'll learn something about the culture over there.
Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

No, that actually sounded somewhat narrow-minded to me. I'm not praising the caste system, but you can't write off an entire country without actually going there. How much does Efan know about India again?

I know quite a bit about India, but you're right about it being narrow minded. However I decided to tell the truth of my opinion rather than lying about it.
That I take offense too

Perhaps i've only managed to find all the worst ones by coincidence?/out sarcasm.

Perhaps what I truly mean is that- actually, I have nothing further to better your opinion of me until you disprove that there is nothing bad about the above 'offences'.
Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,061 posts
Jester

My opinion of you hasn't changed, what you think about India comes from what you have seen, and I can't dispute that fact, all I can do is encourage you to look at the better aspects of it's culture. Look at the forest, not the tree.

kody08
kody08
37 posts
Nomad

what you think about India comes from what you have seen, and I can't dispute that fact, all I can do is encourage you to look at the better aspects of it's culture.

Yeah... what you see is what you think. If looking at a forest... you'll get more idea of what this place is... if looking at a tree... well, you probably won't get any idea of what you're looking at and for.
Kylelolcat
Kylelolcat
4,813 posts
Nomad

[quote=kody08]Yeah... what you see is what you think. If looking at a forest... you'll get more idea of what this place is... if looking at a tree... well, you probably won't get any idea of what you're looking at and for.[/quote]

Deep.

All I know about India is that my dad now has to go there for business trips. That, and maybe something about the religion.

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

all I can do is encourage you to look at the better aspects of it's culture

I do that all the time. Meh.

However I decided to tell the truth of my opinion rather than lying about it.

Why persist with the "narrow-mindedness"?
Kylelolcat
Kylelolcat
4,813 posts
Nomad

COME ALIVE THREAD FOR THE LOVE OF ARKVOODLE!

Why persist with the "narrow-mindedness"?

Eh, some peopel like that sorta stuff.
knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

Yeah Kyle.. In other news, an earthquake struck New Zealand yesterday. I was at school during the time. Note that this is the second major earthquake that has struck the city of Christchurch in six months. The last, stronger earthquake, didn't kill anyone at all. This one has the potential to be the country's worst ever natural disaster, despite being an aftershock of the previous.

Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

I saw it in morning news. Did you get anything from where you lived Knight?

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

Nothing Efan; Auckland is pretty far away from Christchurch, being on the other of NZ's two main islands. Auckland is around 762 km away from Christchurch. For a comparison, Adelaide is 653 km away from Melbourne.

I feel pretty somber.

CommanderDude7
CommanderDude7
4,689 posts
Nomad

Yeah I saw that earthquake in the news but they didnt cover it much. Too much protesters for anything else on the news.

Showing 5776-5790 of 9738