ForumsThe TavernThis Thread is Currently about: Dogs

9738 4721387
Saving123
Saving123
1,258 posts
Nomad

Well I guess the title says it all, I was just wondering who ya'll thought were the most active 'forumers' in this part of the AG forum. Opinions, that what this Forum is going to be, pure opinions, and yes you can say 'Me'.

• 9,738 Replies
Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

Is it because of the taste?

The taste is fine as long as it is cooked right. It is not as if it a strange foreign substance, it is just like your average meat. But you wont taste any animal fats in the steak ('cause there aren't any) so that may make it taste slightly strange. But you get easily used to it.
Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

Is it because of the taste?

I forgot to say that the kangaroo is a national animal. But what is wrong with that considering the reasons I posted before?
MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,386 posts
Shepherd

Are we resorting to the weather now?

I'm going to stealthily re-enter the thread with by replying to this question.
Weather here? It's bipolar. Raining one minute, sunshine the next. But you can rely on it to be humid. fo'sho.

And you eat your national animal?
Cool.
Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

And you eat your national animal?

You eat eagles don't you? Right?
Besides our national animal is becoming a major pest.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

what is wrong with that considering the reasons I posted before?

Nothing, but the only reason you gave before you explained it to me was that they are sacred.

I suppose I'll never know until I taste one, which'll probably be
never unless I go someplace where they distribute kangaroo meat.
stealthily

Splinter Cell.

We don't eat Eagles.
MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

Bald eagles? Nope. And it's a federal offense, carrying very hefty fines and prison time for killing them.
knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

Eating kangaroos sounds great. I better order some. Another reason to love kangaroos.

NZ's worst pests are possums. Must thank the Aussies.. just kidding. Since they have no natural predators here, they rip apart the habitats of native species and eat them too. We use sodium fluoroacetate (it's called 1080 here for some reason) to kill them possums.

In 2009 there were thirty million possums. Although down from previous years, that's still a lot.

As for us Kiwis eating kiwi birds, we legally can't. I'd get into a lot of trouble trying to smuggle one out of the protected areas, more so feast upon it. I don't have the time to scrutinize my country's wildlife protection laws at the moment, but I suppose you are required to pay a very hefty fine and serve jail time.

Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

Bald eagles? Nope. And it's a federal offense, carrying very hefty fines and prison time for killing them.

We don't eat Eagles.

You didn't really take me seriously did you? I know how much Americans love their stolen emblem.

Nothing, but the only reason you gave before you explained it to me was that they are sacred.

Pretend there was no confusion. I meant that they are veiwed as 'special' by only around 40% of here (at a guess) not exactly worshipped you know (definitly not like India and it's tasty sacred cow...).
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

You didn't really take me seriously did you?

I tend to take almost everything seriously when on forums or chat rooms. I can't distinguish when people are joking around or being serious when they post.
Legion1350
Legion1350
5,365 posts
Nomad

Benjamin Franklin proposed the turkey as the nation's symbol instead of the bald eagle. If his idea was approved, I could answer yes. :]
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Pretend there was no confusion. I meant that they are veiwed as 'special' by only around 40% of here (at a guess) not exactly worshipped you know (definitly not like India and it's tasty sacred cow...).

Alright, I understand you now.
Benjamin Franklin proposed the turkey as the nation's symbol instead of the bald eagle

Hmm, I've never heard about this before.
Legion1350
Legion1350
5,365 posts
Nomad

Hmm, I've never heard about this before.

As a matter of fact, it's true. So many things to make me lol at my country. So... Onwards to Canada! :P

Yeah, don't they just let cows wander around and eat produce that is supposed to be for sale for human beings? =/
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Onwards to Canada!

I've visited there a few times. The people there tend to be much nicer than here in the US, from what I've been able to see.

I also like the scenery over there more, but items cost much more over there then here in the US.
waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

but items cost much more over there then here in the US.

Probably because Canadian currency is weaker than our dollar. Canada does seem like a nice place to live. I think it would be awesome to live in a more northern area with all the forests and wildlife. But not too far north where its butt cold year round.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Probably because Canadian currency is weaker than our dollar.

How much weaker?

I *think* the last time I checked our dollar is two dollars in Canadian currency.
Showing 5911-5925 of 9738