ForumsThe TavernThis Thread is Currently about: Dogs

9738 4721064
Saving123
Saving123
1,258 posts
Nomad

Well I guess the title says it all, I was just wondering who ya'll thought were the most active 'forumers' in this part of the AG forum. Opinions, that what this Forum is going to be, pure opinions, and yes you can say 'Me'.

• 9,738 Replies
silvermoon123
silvermoon123
855 posts
Nomad

Everyone here in San Francisco is all terrified that we're going to die at the hands of a tsunami. It's kinda ridiculous..

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Everyone here in San Francisco is all terrified that we're going to die at the hands of a tsunami.

Maybe it'll be like that movie '2012'~
Wafflesquad
Wafflesquad
170 posts
Peasant

Riiiiiiight... We'd need an earthquake of epic proportions in order to end the world. Epic, meaning, it would require an entire country to break off and fly into space.
Anyway, isn't lightning a natural disaster? And an obvious solution to the world's energy problem? IT'S ELECTRICITY. FALLING FROM THE SKY. There's not a better way to get free, easy electricity. Just put some metal in the sky, hook it up to the power grid, and you're good!

dair5
dair5
3,371 posts
Shepherd

well yeah, lightning is free energy but it's not like it can power the world. however there is antimatter in lightning and mabey someday we'll find a use for it.

Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

There's not a better way to get free, easy electricity. Just put some metal in the sky, hook it up to the power grid, and you're good!

You don't honestly think that do you?!
#1. We can not predict where each lightning strike takes place.
#2. Solar power is the easiest, most reliable way to gain constant clean energy till the sun burns up.
#3. I win.
mysteriousmexican666
mysteriousmexican666
315 posts
Nomad

Japan officials are not verifying any of the information they gave out. This could only mean badness

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

#2. Solar power is the easiest, most reliable way to gain constant clean energy till the sun burns up.

Solar power doesn't work in places without good sunlight.

Though you're Australian so I guess you get roasted every day. /facetious

As for Japan, I think a meltdown may have occurred.
Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

Solar power doesn't work in places without good sunlight.

Ah, but placing but a few square kilometres of solar panels in uninhabitable parts of Australia would power the whole of Australia. If Ausralia had the brains, we'd be exporting energy by now.
rohanb
rohanb
27 posts
Nomad

I have a cousin living in Japan and I havent been able to contact him for the last 48 hours. He lives near the area where the nuclear materials leaked. Im hoping the Google finder locates him. Im checking every one hour

Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,061 posts
Jester

Perfect, now nuclear energy is going to be even more terrifying to the sheeple.

In addition to the the surge caused by a direct lightning strike would create so much power it would most likely fry anything that it was supposed to contained in.

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

Ah, but placing but a few square kilometres of solar panels in uninhabitable parts of Australia would power the whole of Australia. If Ausralia had the brains, we'd be exporting energy by now.

Uh huh. What about people that don't have a massive expanse of sun-basked desert at the heart of their countries.

As for nuclear energy, this doesn't really change much except for highlighting the vulnerabilities that reactors have when it comes to earthquakes.
Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

Uh huh. What about people that don't have a massive expanse of sun-basked desert at the heart of their countries.

Did you miss the word exporting? My country has more than a few great and unexplored oppurtunities.
Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

Australia could be freaking amazing energy wise.

Our PM could probably power Australia with the hot air coming out of her mouth, and the heat from her hair.

Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

Our PM could probably power Australia with the hot air coming out of her mouth, and the heat from her hair.

Maybe being prime minister is hard with such an irritating and frankly scary opposition. Scary because i'm amazed that people would even vote for such an idiot.
Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

Tony Abbott is scary.

In budgie smugglers.

Showing 6016-6030 of 9738