ForumsThe TavernThis Thread is Currently about: Dogs

9738 4721071
Saving123
Saving123
1,258 posts
Nomad

Well I guess the title says it all, I was just wondering who ya'll thought were the most active 'forumers' in this part of the AG forum. Opinions, that what this Forum is going to be, pure opinions, and yes you can say 'Me'.

• 9,738 Replies
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald
Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,061 posts
Jester

10,000 people...

I don't even know what to say, it's terrifying that an earthquake can do that.

MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,386 posts
Shepherd

I really want to go to Japan and do anything I can to help.
It is equally terrifying that only a few modern buildings can withstand natural disasters. Not to mention that some people that can't reach them in time...

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

Tony Abbott is scary.

No wonder why they call him Mad Monk.

I support the hydro and tidal power projects being conducted here. Screw the zealous environmentalists.

I really want to go to Japan and do anything I can to help.

You could rescue people... if you were qualified. Japan can provide itself relatively reasonably, but if the donations go out I won't hesitate to give.
MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,386 posts
Shepherd

I mean recovery wise. Rescuing I'm sure I'm not fit for at the age of 15, but you know, going with a charity or something would be awesome.

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

I mean recovery wise. Rescuing I'm sure I'm not fit for at the age of 15, but you know, going with a charity or something would be awesome.

Well you aren't trained.. I should have indicated the sarcasm better.

I heard the Red Cross was doing something. It'd be best to look out for where to donate. I hate donation scams, especially the shabby ones over the internet.
Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

Right now I'm pretty nervous about those three nuclear plants. If the nuclear plants ending up having a full meltdown, it would spread a lot of radiation into the atmosphere and most of us live downwind of that. Not to mention what kind of crippling damage it would do to a already crippled country.

gaboloth
gaboloth
1,612 posts
Peasant

maybe now someone will think a little more, before building nuclear reactors. Italy (my country) was almost the only country in the UE to resist to the nuclear frenzy, and now our great prime minister want to build some. And guess what? Italy is a sismic place! But hopefully, this will just be another of our great prime minister's occasional idiocies, like the bridge on the strait of Messina (lmao)

CommanderDude7
CommanderDude7
4,689 posts
Nomad

Uh nuclear reactors arent ticking time bombs that go off if they get bumped. It took a massive earthquake and tsunami to bring the danger about.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

I heard the Red Cross was doing something. It'd be best to look out for where to donate. I hate donation scams, especially the shabby ones over the internet.

If you go to Yahoo they have a web-page where you can donate.
Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,061 posts
Jester

Perfect, now nuclear energy is going to be even more terrifying to the sheeple.
[quote]maybe now someone will think a little more, before building nuclear reactors.
[/quote]

Case in point.

As for aid, currently the RedCross is running a program where one can text REDCROSS to 90999 and donate $10 to the relief effort. The amount will then be added to your monthly bill.

However I think it's only for those living in the US, not positive on that though.
MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,386 posts
Shepherd

Anyone got info on the other nuclear plants?

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald
SupaLegit
SupaLegit
644 posts
Nomad

Same with Matrix, I only read the radiation article today.

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

I haven't heard much about the reactors, except that the general state of affairs is a worsening of the situation and an increased likelihood of some sort of meltdown. I'm not pathologically fearful though.

Same with Matrix, I only read the radiation article today.

Very constructive.
Showing 6031-6045 of 9738