ForumsThe TavernThis Thread is Currently about: Dogs

9738 4706780
Saving123
Saving123
1,258 posts
Nomad

Well I guess the title says it all, I was just wondering who ya'll thought were the most active 'forumers' in this part of the AG forum. Opinions, that what this Forum is going to be, pure opinions, and yes you can say 'Me'.

• 9,738 Replies
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,504 posts
Jester

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/649/709/e36.gif

danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

my favorite robot.

Anyway, if we are talking about robots, does anyone here will agree to replace an organ with a robot part, aka becoming a cyborg? Legs, nose, eyelashes, anything?

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Anyway, if we are talking about robots, does anyone here will agree to replace an organ with a robot part, aka becoming a cyborg? Legs, nose, eyelashes, anything?

It always has been of dream to become a cyborg. xD
gh0sts
gh0sts
865 posts
Shepherd

Legs, nose, eyelashes, anything?

How about robot fingernails? They could change color, and..... well, that's pretty much it.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester
CherryCoke360
CherryCoke360
407 posts
Nomad

No way man, i like my body the way it is! but a suit of robot armor might be fun..
danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

Toaly agree Matt. Lets all sing the doom song now!
dooom doom doom doom doom,doom doom doom, doo doom doom doom doooooom.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

Replacing healthy body parts or organs just to make it robotic? Not a chance. I see no reason to spend a load of money and tamper with my body just to "be a cyborg".

In cases of irreversible damage, amputation, organ failure and the like? Any day. If it works well enough and spares me the trials of finding out whether a donor organ is rejected or not, I will do it.

Humans are now becoming robots

Technically even people with pacemakers are cyborgs. But watch this, it's amazing:
'Terminator arm'

Same guy, sometimes it's a bit weird:
Shoelaces, cards and 360 turns

---

Oh, and for all conspiracy theorists: here's a nice story for ya:
http://betabeat.com/2014/05/v-c-firm-names-robot-to-board-of-directors/

It's not as futuristic as it sounds, but they say themselves the goal is to catch attention... still an interesting development.

Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,257 posts
Farmer
Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

I'm quite curious as to what would happen if we could have our tendons and joints replaced with robotic versions for increased strength and durability.

However, I wouldn't mind a robotic hand, it would be amazingly fun to receive upgrades and make changes. Replace your hand for different occasions, such as one for pure strength, and one for highly delicate matters requiring nimbleness and dexterity.

MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,386 posts
Shepherd

Okay im gonna get sidetracked and start talking about Daft Punk because robots and music what other awesome combination could you get

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

After seeing the title literally the first thing I thought was R2.

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

However, I wouldn't mind a robotic hand, it would be amazingly fun to receive upgrades and make changes. Replace your hand for different occasions, such as one for pure strength, and one for highly delicate matters requiring nimbleness and dexterity.

One with surface scanning lasers that tell you the texture of things that you can't feel any more. One for writing checks to pay the hand mechanic an exorbitant fee whenever one of the others breaks down. One that looks exactly like your original hand, to lessen the painful effects of phantom limb syndrome. A hook that you can use when you run out of funds for hand maintenance and have to sell all the rest.
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

LAZORS.

To facilitate the change, best thing to say is I love stuff like the Collosus from Starcraft 2, a skyscraper sized robots that shoots death lazers that obliterate everything.

~~~Darth Caedus

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

Laser is actually an acronym (light amplification by stimulated emission of radiation), so the correct spelling is with an 's'.

Showing 9346-9360 of 9738