ForumsThe Tavern[necro] Where Do You See Yourself In 10 Years?

105 16122
Uproar
Uproar
333 posts
Nomad

Where do you see yourself in 10 years, realistically. Going off of what you are doing now and what direction you are wanting to take.

10 years from now, I'm expecting to have my chain of restaurants, bars, nightclubs and music bars opened up, as well as the early plans of a future Las Vegas Styled hotel. All very realistic, and all very possible in my eyes, on top of that, i see myself married by then and have my step son, and two more children.

Everyone else?

• 105 Replies
IAmAce
IAmAce
196 posts
Peasant

JROTC, is Junio Officer Training Corp, NJROTC is Navy Junior Officer Training Corp virtually all school offer the JROTC course. But I don't know about, NJROTC. You would be better off asking pHacon about this since he's taking the course.

lol thats in my plan it also involves the navy collage (aka accademay)
samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

lol thats in my plan it also involves the navy collage (aka accademay)

That's a lot of work, need to keep your grades up, can't get in trouble, need a senatorial sponsorship.
Saving123
Saving123
1,258 posts
Nomad

Yep you have to be a good kid. Or else you won't make the cut.

IAmAce
IAmAce
196 posts
Peasant

That's a lot of work, need to keep your grades up, can't get in trouble, need a senatorial sponsorship

EXACTLY dude you've been commenting on the gpa thread it directly realates to that
samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

EXACTLY dude you've been commenting on the gpa thread it directly realates to that

Right I used to want to attend the USAFA but I've recently discovered anti-patriotic feelings and I'm more of a brain than a brawn but that's beside the point.

Basically you better be the best of the best.
pHacon
pHacon
1,903 posts
Nomad

That's a lot of work, need to keep your grades up, can't get in trouble, need a senatorial sponsorship.

I've already got a recommendation from my SNSI, but I don't think they would accept me just because I'm smarter than the rest of the kids in that class...

My local Rep. has an annual Academy Day where he gets people who graduated to come and talk, and he also talks about his time up at the Point. I think I might be able to get one from him, but I have some steep competition from one of my best friends.
IAmAce
IAmAce
196 posts
Peasant

I know and i'm working towards that but right now i'm only one of the best not the best of the best of the best but hey i've got over 4 years to change that

samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

My local Rep. has an annual Academy Day where he gets people who graduated to come and talk, and he also talks about his time up at the Point. I think I might be able to get one from him, but I have some steep competition from one of my best friends.

What academy? From what I've researched, been told, listened to, etc. I could have gotten in if I tried although I doubt I would've enjoyed it that much.
pHacon
pHacon
1,903 posts
Nomad

What academy? From what I've researched, been told, listened to, etc. I could have gotten in if I tried although I doubt I would've enjoyed it that much.

This year we had them from all but the Air Force at Colorado Springs.

Annapolis went first (Commander in Chiefs Trophy)
Then West Point
Merchant Marine Academy
Lastly Coast Guard Academy.

It surprised me that there even was a Merchant Marine academy. What surprised me more than that was that you could be commissioned in ANY service from going there.
IAmAce
IAmAce
196 posts
Peasant

i doubt it extreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeemly highly
samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

I meant which one were you looking at, I'm like you though I've never heard of the Merchant Marine academy which is weird as my Dad loves the military. Furthermore I just learned what a merchant marine was thanks to wikipedia.

MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

@Military academy posts:

If you plan on making the military a career then great! I love to see young people wanting to pursue it. However if you plan on being in any sort of combat arms I would recommend that you enlist, then go after your commission later. Your men will have much more respect for you and you will find the job much more to your liking after you've been on the bottom of the ladder. However if you are wanting to pursue any technical or medical field then the Academies are a great way to go.

@OP

Tough to say where I will be in 10 years. I have a couple of different ideas for my future. I may reenlist back to the Army, or get my degree in law and pursue politics. Or perhaps I'll find that once my wife finishes her Doctorate that I don't want to do anything but work on bikes and play golf. I'm also thinking about going back to school and getting a degree in one or more science fields and pursue teaching, either at the high school or collegiate levels. I'm kind of at a spot right now where I have a lot of options to take.

pHacon
pHacon
1,903 posts
Nomad

Look, with what grammar and seemingly little maturity like you have, I doubt even higher that you would be able to get into one than you doubt him.

@ samy I happen to like the type of life (or at least the idea of it) that they preach over there... I'm not quite used to it though, living with what parents I have.

If you plan on making the military a career then great! I love to see young people wanting to pursue it. However if you plan on being in any sort of combat arms I would recommend that you enlist, then go after your commission later. Your men will have much more respect for you and you will find the job much more to your liking after you've been on the bottom of the ladder. However if you are wanting to pursue any technical or medical field then the Academies are a great way to go.

Yeah... I doubt that I can get in to any academy to fulfill my dream of an engineering job, so I feel like I should have to rely on grunt work to get through college.
I wouldn't want to be an officer in any combat role unless I went through OCS, I wouldn't want to be leading people who have more practical experience than I do.

I meant which one were you looking at,

Everything I see is biased, but probably the Naval Academy. They seem to have more of what I'm looking for.
samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

Which part? I'm fairly athletic, smart, charismatic, hold leadership and volunteer positions. If your talking about me enjoying it, well I like sleep which you can't get at any academies.

However if you plan on being in any sort of combat arms I would recommend that you enlist, then go after your commission later.

Makes sense although I'm not sure how realistic this is for a lot of people. I would imagine that quite a few would lose the learning "drive" you have more experience than me in this though so I'll take your word for it.
samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

Sorry for the double (if no one else posts anyway)

samy I happen to like the type of life (or at least the idea of it) that they preach over there

I really like being able to control my schedule more than they allow you too but I can understand how some people would like it, all your opinion.

They seem to have more of what I'm looking for.

Do you want to go into Naval engineering?
Showing 61-75 of 105