ForumsGame WalkthroughsEpic War 4 questions/tips

67 71015
Captain_Tylor
Captain_Tylor
26 posts
Nomad

so anyway, might as well have a topic available for playing this game. just started and already got beat down at stage 5. The upgrade choices feels a bit overwhelming, so here's two questions I hope someone can answer:

First: what is the best upgrade path to take when starting out? Is there an order of upgrades I should try that'll give me a sizable army or useful spells? yes I know there's guides out there that cover the challenge dungeons, playing epic stages, etc. I could care less about that now, I'm still trying to get past stage 6.

Second: is it even possible to finish stages on normal without repeating one? I feel like you'll have to grind previous stages for more money to get upgrades that'll let you continue. That's one thing I liked about epic war 3, I could beat it start to finish in one sitting. no replaying stages and I still got lots of money.

so um, thanks in advance to your answers!

• 67 Replies
gater228
gater228
3 posts
Nomad

[quote]The annoying thing about the game is it's speed. I have to use cheat engine and 5* speed to prevent myself from dying of boredom. The game needs a 100* speed button.

i believe you just have major lag. i know for a fact i will experiance that later (maybe when i hit level 5 and more things come at me). but as of now, the game goes pretty quickly for me.

Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

Nope, go to Kongregate a lot of people complain about the speed of the game. Also you don't really micromanage in the game so you lose nothing if you speed it up.

Aashish
Aashish
1 posts
Nomad

[b]HOW TO USE SKILLS

MissileToTheFace
MissileToTheFace
25 posts
Peasant

to be simple, buy both the hero's, then just go crazy and max out the magic guys upgrade tree.
(its also very highly advised to buy sdome of popo's tree to get the bezek spell)

the magic guys tree has most of the over powered units, such as
pixy: better then the healing spell anyday!
sucubis: decimates units at range and sends them flying.

guild building: up to a 100% boost in money gain, need i say more?
alter building: up to a 100% boost in mana.

shield spell: up to 20 seconds, all your units become imune to ALL damage. not useing this = not winning.

and probably the best titan, sky dragon being only 1 of 2 titans that can damage shadow units (goblin maddnes, errghhhh...)

the one with the bow: allmost as fast as your first hero, but shes the only hero with a (reliable) ranged attack. a good allrounder that makes cood cover fire for your other hero's.

the slayer: now where talking! she is faster and stronger then your first hero, and her attacks are faster and throw units in the air. an exelent allrounder that you would be crazy not to use.

time stop: sort of like shield, but better, and cost more mana.
it makes all your oponents troops, 1. stop moveing, 2. stop attacking.
although its mostly not as good as shield, on goblin maddnes it can be epic.

huge-ass meteor spell (lol): if you need something killed, and now. nuthing beat it.
one hits shadow goblins (yes, you did read that right) and just plain destroys.

teh titans,
in order of roughly when you unlock them.
lord of fire: high attack, low defence. gets healed by bombs (not the big bomb though). his attack makes him move fast and thus is efective at getting past troops and in to, and destroying, the castle. very usefull at killing ba'al.

sky dragon: very usefull note, "non elemental attack", the only type of damage that shadow units can be hurt by.
imho the best titan, its attack is strong hits a large space.

that big bird like thing: slow but high hp, probably the least usefull titan.

angel: just totaly and utterly destroys small units, only titan with range, besides sky dragon. but she is kinda useless vs strong untis as her range jsut means she keeps attack one or 2 small units and does not move.

eh, thats enough for now.

Caucheka
Caucheka
440 posts
Nomad

yeah same thing happened to me oriental tiger, maybe an update lost our save?

but anyway i'm glad it did, after reading this thread i have severely improved my power, mainly since im not spamming goblins and engineers
also i got the 4th tree, i didnt have that before.

linux97
linux97
4 posts
Nomad

how do i get the right side of the upgrades???

Caucheka
Caucheka
440 posts
Nomad

upgrade any hero to lvl 3

joeyrus
joeyrus
5 posts
Shepherd

isnt the game maded too hard ?? bcz i let my pc on and when i came back 2 hours later their giant allmost died :S

argyses
argyses
2 posts
Nomad

Y3KBEATS you need to upgrate the capacity of your mana, in the upgrate tree you have this possibility

kentdog9
kentdog9
38 posts
Peasant

I always just replay tons of missions for fun just to dominate the other missions.

rangerkozak
rangerkozak
1 posts
Nomad

Purple flying dragon break > Black goblin

Most of the advice here does not describe the simplest way to beat the goblin level.

Captain_Tylor
Captain_Tylor
26 posts
Nomad

okay, unless you pick your upgrades in a careful order, seems you'll have to replay missions just to beat normal mode. getting the shield and working on altar (mana) when I could afford it allowed me to finish the last stage in normal without too much trouble. surprisingly I only repeated a stage 4 times for gold.

I'm well aware that for hard and epic stages, farming for gold will become a necessity just to max out my units, shield and mana. still can't stand the grind though, but at least I don't have to start over with a different hero like epic war 3.

argyses
argyses
2 posts
Nomad

Did anyone succeeded the last stage in epic mode??

LadyLufia
LadyLufia
3 posts
Nomad

This game doesn't require that much grinding. By the time you start having trouble in normal mode, you're strong enough to beat the first few levels in hard mode. That way you will maybe have to re-do two levels.

On later levels, it's good to farm gold in the goblins' level. There are so many enemies, even if you don't beat the level and surrender you'll still get a on of loot.

For the last stage in epic mode, just spam time stop. You'll either beat the giant or destroy the castle.

Falcon4415
Falcon4415
130 posts
Shepherd

Let's discuss teams!
MY Team:
-Heroes:
-Dwarf (great for taking down castles and keeping annoying critters off yours)
-Initial guy (Good all rounder, it's also the second fastest unit in the game)
-Girl on the dog (fastest unit, hard hitter)
-Critters:
-Orang-utans (good against castles, can hit enemy's second line, the ranged units)
-Bulls (high att & hp, and they come in numbers!)
-Titan slot (depending on the mission, the titan may vary, or even be substituted by a tank-type unit, like yetis or ghosts)
-Tanks (they keep enemies at range, giving you time to kill the castle at your will)
-Ranged units (start buying the centaurs, shift to the blue wave shooting people ASAP)
-Weretigers (they are fast, have a good range and hit hard, and send enemies into the air)

Showing 16-30 of 67