ForumsGame WalkthroughsEpic War 4 questions/tips

67 71608
Captain_Tylor
Captain_Tylor
26 posts
Nomad

so anyway, might as well have a topic available for playing this game. just started and already got beat down at stage 5. The upgrade choices feels a bit overwhelming, so here's two questions I hope someone can answer:

First: what is the best upgrade path to take when starting out? Is there an order of upgrades I should try that'll give me a sizable army or useful spells? yes I know there's guides out there that cover the challenge dungeons, playing epic stages, etc. I could care less about that now, I'm still trying to get past stage 6.

Second: is it even possible to finish stages on normal without repeating one? I feel like you'll have to grind previous stages for more money to get upgrades that'll let you continue. That's one thing I liked about epic war 3, I could beat it start to finish in one sitting. no replaying stages and I still got lots of money.

so um, thanks in advance to your answers!

• 67 Replies
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Well, I have an awful team at the moment, but I want to work my way towards this:

Heroes:
- Viegraff
- Kara
- Cassandra
Critters:
- Mad Bull
- Mighty Guardian
- Phantom Ghost
- Valkryie
- Mere-Tiger
- Goblin/Lord Of Fire (Depends on the siutation, I guess)

LadyLufia
LadyLufia
3 posts
Nomad

I actually think the Mighty Guardian unit sucks. There are few of them and they're really slow. For good magic attackers, I much prefer the Valkyries. The Weretigers are a must, they're fast and pack quite a punch.

Here's what I went with:
Heroes
- Kara
- Cassandra
- Simon
Critters
- Celestial Angel
- Valkyrie
- Were Tiger
- Sylph
- Elven Sniper
- Orang-Utan

The Sylphs are great to detonate the kamikaze bombers before they reach you.

Falcon4415
Falcon4415
130 posts
Shepherd

I used to think Popo was a must, but as you seem fine without him I'll give that a try.

rick073
rick073
2,754 posts
Peasant

heres me team:

HEROES:
Kara
Cassandra
Popo

critters:
Were-tiger
Sylph(blue fireball shooter)
EpicTank
Sky Dragon/Lord of Fire(when i get him)
Valkyrie
Succubus

spells:
Thunderbolt
Ice Blast
Heal
Pheoenix Strike
Time Stop
Meteor Blast

rick073
rick073
2,754 posts
Peasant

Holy Crap! i killed Big Bang!

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Well, I dislike titans because of how long it takes for them to spawn, I can beat level 1 ~ 10 by simply sending my heros immediately when they spawn, and I only have phantom armor and goblins as units (yeah, I haven't played much)

Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

Heroes:
Veigraf
Popo
Kara

Critters:
Sky Dragon
Celestial Angle
Lord of fire
Were-tiger
Valkyrie
Mighty Guardian

Spells:
Rage
Shield

I found that the game was a breeze with this set up except black imps and last level. Black imps took forever to beat (sky dragon is sooo slow). Last lvl I replaced a Titan with imps.

I used to think Popo was a must, but as you seem fine without him I'll give that a try.

Popo's ranged damage to enemy castle is a win. If the blast hits all of the castle it does good damage.
Caucheka
Caucheka
440 posts
Nomad

my team

HEROES
the classic:
popo
kara
cassandra

Creatures
were-tiger
epic tank
succubus
sylph
pixie
valkyrie

spells
shield
meteor

thats it really for spells.

GaldirEonai
GaldirEonai
20 posts
Peasant

[quote=argyses]Did anyone succeeded the last stage in epic mode??[/quote]

Yep, it's all about the Shield spell.

The big-ass yeti can kill your keep in one shot if he manages to advance about 2/3 of the way towards your side of the map, but his attack animation takes a while and he stops whenever he does it. So spam small, fast units at him to keep him busy and locked in place while you build up mana and hard-hitting troops. Then, when you have around 300 mana, charge with everything you have and cast shield just before he strikes. When the shield runs out, recast, rinse and repeat.

He has a ton of HP but no special defenses, so chances are he'll go down before you run out of mana.

wikingmad
wikingmad
5 posts
Peasant

i cannot pass the angel inj the last level 16 (XVI)...

i tryed every thing.... 4titans upgraded.

small armyes big ones too, i cant beat him...

GaldirEonai
GaldirEonai
20 posts
Peasant

The angel usually doesn't advance on your keep. Just hang back and fill your army and mana reserves. Once you have full mana, charge in with everything and do the shield trick. Chances are at least some of your troops will run past the angel and start hitting the enemy keep. The angel dies when the keep goes down, which is a lot faster than trying to kill the boss.

Sirsamuelin
Sirsamuelin
49 posts
Nomad

LOl, I once tried to kill the huge demon boss (the one with the sword), but it was impossible, the lord of fire was stuck there and he didnt want to keep on going, but it didnt really matter, because he took 15% of his HP, but another 15 min after, he didnt lost any HP afterall.

radicalapple
radicalapple
14 posts
Herald

I think this game is good, but is made too easy by the existance of the Shield spell and Time Stop spell.

A tactic that works on almost any level in epic level, is to use units with high attack, like Were-Tigers, Phantom Ghosts, Mighty Guardian...etc, wait until all come out in front of your castle, set assualt, use Time Stop or Shield depending on the situation. The castle will be destroyed in a matter of seconds.... and it just gets boring after a few battles, because you dont need to care what troops your enemy is using.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

I like to use units with high attack and quick speed...after testing out the mighty guardian, I don't really like him very much.

CommanderDude7
CommanderDude7
4,689 posts
Nomad

Ahh weretigers my favorite unit.

LOl, I once tried to kill the huge demon boss (the one with the sword), but it was impossible, the lord of fire was stuck there and he didnt want to keep on going, but it didnt really matter, because he took 15% of his HP, but another 15 min after, he didnt lost any HP afterall.

Just use the time stop spell to get all your troops there then wait awhile. That guy has a ton of health.
Showing 31-45 of 67