ForumsGame WalkthroughsEpic War 4 questions/tips

67 71496
Captain_Tylor
Captain_Tylor
26 posts
Nomad

so anyway, might as well have a topic available for playing this game. just started and already got beat down at stage 5. The upgrade choices feels a bit overwhelming, so here's two questions I hope someone can answer:

First: what is the best upgrade path to take when starting out? Is there an order of upgrades I should try that'll give me a sizable army or useful spells? yes I know there's guides out there that cover the challenge dungeons, playing epic stages, etc. I could care less about that now, I'm still trying to get past stage 6.

Second: is it even possible to finish stages on normal without repeating one? I feel like you'll have to grind previous stages for more money to get upgrades that'll let you continue. That's one thing I liked about epic war 3, I could beat it start to finish in one sitting. no replaying stages and I still got lots of money.

so um, thanks in advance to your answers!

• 67 Replies
rick073
rick073
2,754 posts
Peasant

i got lucky with demon boss

kara and a few weretigers managed to get to his feet. i also had the tower aimed at him.

timestop doesnt work too well with demon. takes too long to cast. lost 4 titans that way.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

The Trojan Horse is really annoying...
I guess you just need to timestop + shield?

nozo_ito
nozo_ito
266 posts
Farmer

I beated the game using goblin dwarf phantom centaur utans and succumbus, except the final level (Level16 on epic)

In which case I grinded a little to make full magic army plus phantom ghosts. Beated that without much trouble.

It is very easy to farm gold on hard mode level 14, get 100k in 3 minutes.

Blobbar
Blobbar
2 posts
Nomad

use max mana
for time stop
and send all units
the jumping units, like tigers with big swords can help

PIELIKEI
PIELIKEI
3 posts
Peasant

I beat the last level boss with regular units on epic... it is amazing how much harder (impossible) it is to beat it with titans

CommanderDude7
CommanderDude7
4,689 posts
Nomad

The titans are cool but it is easier to win with other units like the weretigers.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

This is because of the titan's spawn time.

Fasty
Fasty
300 posts
Nomad

Not really no, titans can be much better if u control them well ._.

nozo_ito
nozo_ito
266 posts
Farmer

Like in EW3 titan is useless because you can just win with your spells before you can spawn any of them.

I thought time stop was bad enough, there comes the shield spell that is even more broken. With these it is just same cheese over and over. I actually liked the cooldown for each spell in EW3 better.

If anybody beat all the levels in epic without the timestop and shield spells, these battles would truly be epic.

rick073
rick073
2,754 posts
Peasant

i hate the giant yeti thing on lvl 16. oh the nightmares...
shield doesnt work with that thing. it attackes keep from halfway accross the map

ssbb77840
ssbb77840
1 posts
Nomad

I see

879m
879m
12 posts
Nomad

lol the sylphs remind me of dragonball z. hami-kami-hehhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

UJUSTGOTPWND
UJUSTGOTPWND
1 posts
Nomad

how do i get popo?

TruB
TruB
1 posts
Peasant

LOl, I once tried to kill the huge demon boss (the one with the sword), but it was impossible, the lord of fire was stuck there and he didnt want to keep on going, but it didnt really matter, because he took 15% of his HP, but another 15 min after, he didnt lost any HP afterall.

a time consuming way but easy, and you dont even need to be present while you do this is to:
summon a tower that shoots arrows which will take care of most running units that will attack you.
Then use succubus, move them to just outside the "attack reach" they will be killed several times, but they will also shoot alot at this guy and since the will spawn infinite you just let them do the work, when he is down you go in with all your units.

All i do is check in and move them back at times, cause if one is getting ahead, all will die when he starts swinging. and I use spells for attack and rage. to fasten everything up. works in normal hard and epic.

Have one battle that is last in epic. at the moment im not sure how to do it and why im here lurking for some good ideas, know what im going to try next
879m
879m
12 posts
Nomad

at least on epic or hard mode the revenge waves arent the bosses. imagine that. 50 lord baals or 50 dark goblins or 50 big bangs or 50 of the final boss thing.

Showing 46-60 of 67