ForumsThe TavernShould Homework be banned?

275 48134
Holden012
Holden012
1,989 posts
Nomad

I think Homework should be banned because we are home to enjoy time away from school and us students don't want to drag our school work home.

My parents don't like the idea of homework because they think that when students get home they should be able to relax not do more school work.

Do the users of AG agree that Homework should be banned??

I sure do agree!

• 275 Replies
Aaliyah928
Aaliyah928
252 posts
Nomad

Heck no we don't need it!! I NEVER do my homework at home, I manage to finish it in other classes. We are at school for 7 hours, then they expect us to do more work??? Plus plenty of kids don't even do it.

sickcroon
sickcroon
151 posts
Nomad

I feel students should be issued more homework as it would add to there future work ethic, and overall responsibility, that seems to be terribly lacking from today's work force. I can't tell you how many grown men I have fired over the past couple years because of the general lacking of there work ethics. Although I would not at all be surprised if in the next year or so, some parent went crying to the school board that there poor baby Tommy can't possibly do homework because it is far to stressful on there little ones fragile mind. So they will in turn make it illegal for schools to hand out homework and it will go down in history books right near the chapter on dodge ball.

I believe the theory behind the movie Idiocracy to be horrifyingly close to accurate. I remember a time where it was just common knowledge that a healthy body equals a healthy mind. Now a days I see schools filled with fat overweight children drinking sodas and eating processed cheeseburgers found in there local school cafeteria.
What the hell happened to our school system anyways? We used to exercise in class on a daily basis. It's as if our department on basic public nutrition is ran by the witch from Hansel and Gretel. I can't tell you the last time I saw a kid with an apple. Unless it was an Iphone, and that is a whole other topic I would love to get into but it seems I may have already gotten a little off topic as it is.
So, to answer the question, no absolutely not! Stay in school kids. Do your homework. I don't care how much they give you, it's just preparing you for the "real work" your going to have when you have something called responsibilities.

tnymeh
tnymeh
178 posts
Nomad

Heck no we don't need it!! I NEVER do my homework at home, I manage to finish it in other classes. We are at school for 7 hours, then they expect us to do more work??? Plus plenty of kids don't even do it.

Just because other kids don't do it, you don't have to either? That's the attitude that has been causing the decline of American schools over the past few years.
sonicheroes95
sonicheroes95
13,701 posts
Peasant

truthfully, i don't do homework because i don't see the point of doing it anyway, and why do something with out a reason or point?

alexstargazer
alexstargazer
347 posts
Nomad

Personally I think homework should not be banned.

Yes, many people don't like it and most don't do it, so why have it anyway?

Homework is meant to help people learn more, so they don't forget the things they learned in school, since lots of people don't pay attention in class.

JohnsBiggestFan
JohnsBiggestFan
97 posts
Nomad

I do homework im trying for harvard :3

SubZero131
SubZero131
598 posts
Nomad

As much as i hate homework, i think it is neccesarry.

In highschool math courses, the teacher would explain the new lesson or whatever for like 45 minutes exactly, in which it was lunch period then, and then after back from lunch there would be 30 minutes to do your work. If you didnt finish, then it is homework. And considering i usually only finished like80% of the time...

If something would change then it should be AMOUNT of homework, i have had home work in 3 subjects in 1 day, and had to spend hours on homework, terrible.

I have reached my "limit" before and just said **** this.

tennisman24
tennisman24
4,682 posts
Farmer

also, who the hell gives homework over winter break and summer vacation?

I do. It's called summer reading.
RugRat
RugRat
340 posts
Nomad

Do your fucking homework you lazy bastards, it prepares you for the horrors of the career you will choose.

SubZero131
SubZero131
598 posts
Nomad

I do. It's called summer reading.

Summer reading is ok, as long as it is interesting, i would hate to have to read something uninteresting.
Nurvana
Nurvana
2,520 posts
Farmer

Holden you fag you just wanted to make a forum so you made up a stupid idea. OF course it shouldn't be banned, unless you're in some crazy school it shouldn't take you long anyway.

Avorne
Avorne
3,085 posts
Nomad

Schools should encourage reading books like the Discworld series and Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy. Books that are truly funny and interesting and not what some would consider dull books like Of Mice and Men that tend to put kids off of reading for life.

MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

truthfully, i don't do homework because i don't see the point of doing it anyway, and why do something with out a reason or point?

Everything has a purpose. Simply because your feeble little mind cannot grasp the purpose does not mean that there is none.
SubZero131
SubZero131
598 posts
Nomad

what is the purpose of the universe? serious question

snipershot325
snipershot325
844 posts
Nomad

Absolutely not. Homework is essential to information retention. Also, if you ban homework at the middle and high school levels students will be far less prepared for college or careers.

No!Homework is good and keeps are brains runing even when we are not at school!And think of it this way if we didnt have homework we would have to do more work at school!!Sure we all wish we didn't have homework,but it's for the best.
Showing 16-30 of 275