ForumsThe TavernShould Homework be banned?

275 48139
Holden012
Holden012
1,989 posts
Nomad

I think Homework should be banned because we are home to enjoy time away from school and us students don't want to drag our school work home.

My parents don't like the idea of homework because they think that when students get home they should be able to relax not do more school work.

Do the users of AG agree that Homework should be banned??

I sure do agree!

• 275 Replies
CenationAA
CenationAA
29 posts
Nomad

Just do it don't complain it is easy

sonicheroes95
sonicheroes95
13,701 posts
Peasant

it "does" have a purpose, but just because is has a purpose doesn't mean it's a good one.

[quote]Homework doesn't have a purpose to you?? Read all around! Read my posts for crying out loud! Homework helps you succeed!
[/quote]

read that more carefully. i said it has a purpose, i don't deny that, but what i am denying is that the purpose is a good one.
Haku1234567890
Haku1234567890
1,720 posts
Nomad

yea, I think they shoud do it, homework is made soo poeple dont forget what they have learned is school, no, if you want to remember go study, if you don't study you will get bad marks, why do we need homework

th100
th100
452 posts
Nomad

Why don't we just go paperless?

Archerknight
Archerknight
17 posts
Nomad

http://www.school-survival.net/ this link shows why school should be banned spread it to help others

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,821 posts
Shepherd

Like Walker said, homework is vital for information retention, deadlines, etc. What I think should be banned is limiting homework to be done at home. It drives me crazy when teachers don't allow you to use your extra time to do the homework you've been assigned - they're basically forcing you to be bad at time management.

Crouchbite
Crouchbite
219 posts
Nomad

No cause then your going to end up a tardsmack.

cowmaster1
cowmaster1
676 posts
Shepherd

Homework should never be banned. It helps you get ready for the real world in some ways. Also it prepares you for tests and helps you learn the subjects. The key to not having homework is to finish it during school, as long as you do it right

cowmaster1
cowmaster1
676 posts
Shepherd

yea, I think they shoud do it, homework is made soo poeple dont forget what they have learned is school, no, if you want to remember go study, if you don't study you will get bad marks, why do we need homework

I never study, except for finals and I get all A's. Homework is how i study, along with listening in class. Sorry I didn't see this earlier.
aknerd
aknerd
1,416 posts
Peasant

Like Walker said, homework is vital for information retention, deadlines, etc. What I think should be banned is limiting homework to be done at home. It drives me crazy when teachers don't allow you to use your extra time to do the homework you've been assigned - they're basically forcing you to be bad at time management.

I agree. BUT teachers do need some freedom. Maybe they have a reason that makes sense in their own head.

I've found as I grow older that teachers seemed more inclined to let me do what I want. Of course, there's still some variance. Some teachers will let me do homework whenever I want to. Others require me to wait until the end of lectures (which I normally don't listen to).

But no matter what they say, I respect their authority in the classroom. Or, at the very least, I do my homework under the table (cause I'm a hardcore rebel).
cowmaster1
cowmaster1
676 posts
Shepherd

But no matter what they say, I respect their authority in the classroom. Or, at the very least, I do my homework under the table (cause I'm a hardcore rebel).

Yeah! Stick it to the man! And showing some respect! *High Five*. I like your way of thinking
Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

When you go to university you learn how much homework doesn't suck compared to huge hard assignments that drive you crazy.

Like someone before said homeworks is essential to information retention also it is good practice.

Also some classes give you all the homework for like the entire month and you can finish all of it and have time to relax :P

benman113
benman113
329 posts
Peasant

No it's graded in higher grades and helps determine grades even more so for math.

Holden012
Holden012
1,989 posts
Nomad

It does help with your grades I agree but the truth is I like to relax at home but I do as much homework as I can .

If I get stressed with it or don't get it , I'll leave it and ask for help.

In Year 8 , If you fail you still get passed but Year 9 and up if you fail you get kept back.

I guess I should do some homework ... I'll set a goal and see if I can get an A in at least 1 subject this Term.

KingDiamond55
KingDiamond55
44 posts
Nomad

Homework is vital to retain information(especially for some people like me) and without that extra practice, many would plummet in middle and high- school, especially math. And in many states, provinces, etc. teachers find it hard to pack in all the required curriculum into just one year of school.
And really, even with homework, you still have relaxing time. Do the math sometime, with the average amount of homework you do a night, how much time free do you get? And then there's weekends too.

Homework = GOOD...Although I must agree that it isn't fun.

Showing 46-60 of 275