ForumsThe TavernShould Homework be banned?

275 48138
Holden012
Holden012
1,989 posts
Nomad

I think Homework should be banned because we are home to enjoy time away from school and us students don't want to drag our school work home.

My parents don't like the idea of homework because they think that when students get home they should be able to relax not do more school work.

Do the users of AG agree that Homework should be banned??

I sure do agree!

• 275 Replies
coldblast27
coldblast27
3 posts
Nomad

i argee, homework should be banned, at least i hardly get it!
i rarely get home work so im pretty lucky

Secretmapper
Secretmapper
1,747 posts
Nomad

All of you knows that Homework is important, as far as I have read. The thing is, you don't want to do it. No, I don't think it should be banned. It is not actually a test of knowledge, well yeah sometimes, but its main point is Intelligence retention and responsibility testing.

TeAReDViiRuS
TeAReDViiRuS
65 posts
Nomad

Homework doesn't have to be banned. Get your friend to do it.

Dref14
Dref14
366 posts
Nomad

wow. eh you need it. be a patriot, how cool would america sound if it was know for lack of intelligence among the people?

BlackVortex
BlackVortex
1,360 posts
Nomad

how cool would america sound if it was know for lack of intelligence among the people?

D:
Isn't it already stereotyped that way? lol
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,504 posts
Jester

Isn't it already stereotyped that way?

This ^

Incompetent, Lazy, and Unambitious. We the People.
Larmus
Larmus
351 posts
Nomad

It is for good grades, but they just give too much of it.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,504 posts
Jester

14? You must be in 8th grade then. Hah! Wait 'till College. If you hate homework now, then... whoo!

Larmus
Larmus
351 posts
Nomad

Nah, I was actually sent in school earlier than I should have been, I am 1st grade of High School

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,504 posts
Jester

Oh! You got accelerated then. Well that's a good thing...too much of it you say? First grade of high school shouldn't be THAT bad...

EnterOrion
EnterOrion
4,220 posts
Nomad

Of course it should. It sucks. Kids want to do homework? Fine, let them.

If it should be required, it should only be for people who aren't performing well, and be as extra credit.

I really must not understand the topic when I have a 99. So the teacher gives me homework.

Which I never do.

So now I'm down to an 85. It looks as if I understand it, but did not master it. But I did, see? I understand it, and can probably do it faster in my head than anyone else. I might not be able to lay out every single step, but I'm always right. What ever.

Anyhow, homework doesn't work for many students. Especially ones that don't learn from just doing it on paper, or don't like doing that. I'm uncomfortable doing things on paper, and I especially hate doing it when I'm at home. I have other ways of learning it, more than homework could ever teach me.

Plus practice doesn't work for me. Not that type of practice anyways. Real world practice helps me more.

(similar issue with English)

/rant

So if it isn't banned, it should at least be toned down greatly. Many students don't need homework, or can't actually do it.

Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

I really must not understand the topic when I have a 99. So the teacher gives me homework.

Which I never do.

So now I'm down to an 85. It looks as if I understand it, but did not master it. But I did, see? I understand it, and can probably do it faster in my head than anyone else. I might not be able to lay out every single step, but I'm always right. What ever.

I've heard that soo many times. Never have I seen a person with above 95% not do homework.
EnterOrion
EnterOrion
4,220 posts
Nomad

Never have I seen a person with above 95% not do homework.

Duh. Because they do homework.

Pointlessly.
Nein123
Nein123
185 posts
Nomad

Yeah it shold. Wy mak some1 be smaart wile da rest of de yorld ses u livin im a box

Nein123
Nein123
185 posts
Nomad

People who don't do homework are stupid. Yeah...

Showing 61-75 of 275