ForumsWEPRGay Marriage-Should it be Legal or not?

561 107161
turret
turret
1,628 posts
Shepherd

I personally think that it should be legal cause it doesnt hurt anybody and everyone has the right to marry who they love.

• 561 Replies
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

People not giving a reason = They don't know why it's wrong, they've just been told it is.

azndude07
azndude07
31 posts
Peasant

I'd just find it really awkward having any friendly relationship with someone that's gay -- you'd never know how far to go with it.

One of my best friend's is gay and I've never had a fear of him coming on to me or fantasizing about me. I mean, come on, we all fantasize about people of our choice, so why should I be offended by some of his?

In regards to homosexuality in males, I believe it is genuinely caused by a hormone misbalance. I have known quite a few gay guys and they fight to the death pointing out that they did NOT choose the be that way. But I'm not saying it's purely not a choice as well, because some people just have the willpower and the openness to be able to go out and be gay and then go strait and then be gay again. But for the most part, I believe it isn't a choice. (I say males because I haven't known that many lesbians, and the only ones I have known were all flingy with it, like, lesbo one day, strait the next.)

Finally, in regards to the thread, I feel homosexual marriage should be permitted. It is a discrimination of equal rights on the grounds of the American Constitution, the laws by with our government is fashioned. So if restricting people's ability to marry is depriving them of freedom, in a freedom founded society, I don't see why people in the government still haven't been put on to this. For the record, I plan on attending the Pride parade in Houston this Saturday, it's always super fun, even if I'm strait If any of you all just live around that area and you aren't totally opposed to it, give it a go, it's always super crazy and fun.
Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

because some people just have the willpower and the openness to be able to go out and be gay and then go strait and then be gay again

...You can ACT like you like one or the other, but unless you're bisexual, you don't. Look at it like this. You CAN eat something you utterly hate, but that doesn't mean you like it. You can lie about it and say you like it, but that doesn't mean you do. No matter how often you eat it, you're not going to like it, in fact, you will probably detest it more. The same goes for being gay/straight. You can TRY to be gay, act like it, and lie and say you like it, but you really don't, unless, of course, you do, then you're either gay or bisexual.
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

some people just have the willpower and the openness to be able to go out and be gay and then go strait and then be gay again.

I think they aren't gay/straight. More bisexual, open to the idea of exploring the different options of their sexuality.
azndude07
azndude07
31 posts
Peasant

You can TRY to be gay, act like it, and lie and say you like it, but you really don't, unless, of course, you do, then you're either gay or bisexual.

@Kasic I apologice for my vagueness, what I was describing was in fact bisexuality, but for some reason I didn't use the actual term haha. But I believe you are correct in that as well, it is true that you can act like you like it and keep on attempting, but no matter how long it takes you will still be "acting". But I am speaking of legitimate bisexuals who truly do not care in the slightest of whom they sexually affiliate with.
supermape123
supermape123
431 posts
Nomad

I think that gay marriage should be allowed because that would be depriving them of there rights.However gay marriages shouldn't be allowed as far as religion because God created man and woman to love each other,not a man and man or a woman and a woman loving each other.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

gay marriages shouldn't be allowed as far as religion because God created man and woman to love each other,not a man and man or a woman and a woman loving each other.

I think thebluerabbit said it best from a religious perspective.

"the fact that he didnt create 2 males at the begining doesnt mean its wrong. he didnt create them with any disabilities like not being able to walk but that doesnt mean that people who are like that should have less rights you know."
jellyrocks7
jellyrocks7
7 posts
Peasant

im not gay and i think they should be able to. The whole sacred thing is a load of crap. I know gay people and they arent evil or want to hurt america like some people say they are extremely nice marriage is a way to show love. I think some gay people are more in love than most straight people.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

We aren't going to treat women like property and let interracial couple marry? We are clearly destroying the sanctity of marriage.

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

gay marriages shouldn't be allowed as far as religion because God created man and woman to love each other,not a man and man or a woman and a woman loving each other.

as i said i am very religion and all but i dont mix religios with feelings. i am jewish and lol do you know how many restrictions i have in mariages? first of all. i cant mary any woman who isnt jewish. another thing i am also not allowed to marry any woman that was divorced. sounds stupid but it is just as stupid as not allowing a guy to marry another guy (girls too of course). i will not let people decide who i cant marry. i will not look for an undivorced jewish woman. all i need is love (XD) and thats it.
Windycity
Windycity
25 posts
Nomad

Now, I'm not very religious. But saying that being gay is an afront to the lord is just absurd. He put both men and women on this earth. I have never read that he created them to love one another. He also made Hitler, so that says he wanted the Jews to be murdered. The point is that god doesn't create people to be specific. He creates people and allows them to make their own choices.

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

He also made Hitler

****, i thought Alois Hitler and Klara Hitler created him ;o. Lulz.

The point is that god doesn't create people to be specific. He creates people and allows them to make their own choices.

Windycity is talking sense. God gave us free will. He never created church organisation, so who's to say they have a write to control anything?
akqpars
akqpars
190 posts
Nomad

Windycity is talking sense. God gave us free will. He never created church organisation, so who's to say they have a write to control anything?

They claim to be The voice of God.They assimilated The Bible and adjusted Trinity to support them.They will crop more parts in the future to not lose their power.
Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

According to the Catholics, they did. They have just as much claim as any other religion out there, aka, none. Every religion claims to be the one and only true religion, all claim prophets, miracles, and divine inspiration, but none have any backing.
akqpars
akqpars
190 posts
Nomad

According to the Catholics, they did. They have just as much claim as any other religion out there, aka, none. Every religion claims to be the one and only true religion, all claim prophets, miracles, and divine inspiration, but none have any backing.

It has been told about under rhetoric thread already.It doesnt matter to anyone but yourself to live an extraordinary situation. People joining up communities in order to reach someone to understand their experiences.
Showing 436-450 of 561