ForumsProgramming Forum[REFERENCE INFO] Game Creator's Useful Links

161 112846
Tydus
Tydus
239 posts
Nomad

Programs

Adobe Flash CS3 - Newest version of Flash and the first to be published by Adobe. This is the ONLY program that Armor Games supports for games on the website, unless you have another way to create an .swf file.
Cost: $699 (30-Day Free Trial Available roduct=flash">HERE)

Game Maker 7 - An extremely popular program that's used by many indy developers to create games. It's extremely easy to use, and is great for those of you starting out.
Cost: Free!

This topic is a work in progress and will be edited to include more programs at a later date. If you want to see a program added, or need help with game development, please leave me a comment of my userpage. Thank you.

• 161 Replies
devilkingx
devilkingx
17 posts
Nomad

oops its mashooo and the last one is silverlightclub

justinvan1
justinvan1
25 posts
Nomad

So if you want a game on Armor Games, you need to use Flash?

crazabek
crazabek
1 posts
Nomad

THANKS FOR THE LINKS

slavemaster
slavemaster
6 posts
Nomad

noooooooooooooooooooo help. but i didnt read it

ZeroComp
ZeroComp
383 posts
Nomad

cs3 takes forever to download

ZeroComp
ZeroComp
383 posts
Nomad

yay it just got done yayyyyyyyyy I get to make games and content

JustScott
JustScott
96 posts
Nomad

lol i made like the hardest game ever on gm7 if any of you guys played u guys would just get frustrated because...!! ur failing at pacman somehow!

oad
oad
6 posts
Nomad

nothing wrong

tegan190
tegan190
783 posts
Nomad

yay it just got done yayyyyyyyyy I get to make games and content

I thought you were an owner of a game company?
Axel
Axel
475 posts
Nomad

Just a warning to people downloading Flash:

You won't be able to make games right away. You need to learn a lot of code. Not like game maker. Its going to take a long time.
Just don't to expect to be be able to make games just because you downloaded Flash.

gamemakermaster
gamemakermaster
83 posts
Nomad

thank

rjbman
rjbman
215 posts
Nomad

Wait, it's only $699. But yeah, it's a challenge. Not only do you have to get into the programming mindset, but you also have to figure out how to do it in the specific language, which can be tough at time. It takes a lot of practice and hard work to succeed in this.

Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

If your a college or university student you could get it for like $120.

Technically you can get an infinite trail by either cleaning your registry every time you install or deep freezing your computer.

rynad27
rynad27
4 posts
Nomad

for those people who complain about the link not working, if you want to find a program i suggest youtube if its a good program there will be videos on how to get it.

Kohn
Kohn
14 posts
Shepherd

iam downloading the game maker, lets see if it works

btw, its game maker 8 now :P

Showing 61-75 of 161