ForumsProgramming Forum[REFERENCE INFO] Game Creator's Useful Links

161 112732
Tydus
Tydus
239 posts
Nomad

Programs

Adobe Flash CS3 - Newest version of Flash and the first to be published by Adobe. This is the ONLY program that Armor Games supports for games on the website, unless you have another way to create an .swf file.
Cost: $699 (30-Day Free Trial Available roduct=flash">HERE)

Game Maker 7 - An extremely popular program that's used by many indy developers to create games. It's extremely easy to use, and is great for those of you starting out.
Cost: Free!

This topic is a work in progress and will be edited to include more programs at a later date. If you want to see a program added, or need help with game development, please leave me a comment of my userpage. Thank you.

• 161 Replies
Agent_86
Agent_86
2,132 posts
Nomad

I like GM.
I can make some halfway-decent games in it, and it's a lot cheaper than Adobe Flash... =)

JereN
JereN
189 posts
Peasant

I quick question...in the first post is says that adobe flash cs3 is the ONLY program that can be used to make games for AG site...does this mean that I CAN'T use my Macromedia flash 2004 MX??? it does .swf files and all :S

so do I need to buy the new flash or is my old one good enough?

titanium_man
titanium_man
47 posts
Nomad

I think I'll try the game maker. Most of the games on there look pretty decent... And I bet I could do quite a bit there.

lancerios
lancerios
1 posts
Nomad

hi man if I make a game whit game maker I can't upload it( I know that and why) so my question is how can I transfer a .exe or .zip to .swf
can I do that¿¿?? thnks and the other link is too expensive is $700 ok bye guys
lance
if u need a good drawing hand ask to me

Talo
Talo
945 posts
Nomad

I know there are some free Flash Micromedia downloads, anyone know a good site for them?

fire12345111
fire12345111
4 posts
Nomad

Can I make a game maker 7 game and put it on armor games?

clipmaster3
clipmaster3
104 posts
Nomad

I quick question...in the first post is says that adobe flash cs3 is the ONLY program that can be used to make games for AG site...does this mean that I CAN'T use my Macromedia flash 2004 MX??? it does .swf files and all :S

anything that exports to .swf files will work; cs3 is just the most commonly used one. flex sdk, etc works too
filip09
filip09
29 posts
Nomad

to make a game is hardest think ever

Cowmaster100
Cowmaster100
37 posts
Nomad

Game maker sucks, flash rules. End of story. BTW flash is worth the money, kind of hard to use, but worth it.

mystera
mystera
39 posts
Nomad

Flash is an awesome software! Not good at coding though...I love interface designing though!

Fighterlegend
Fighterlegend
44 posts
Nomad

There's always LiveSwif..

http://www.liveswifers.org/

singid25
singid25
1,262 posts
Nomad

I'm in a little of a giff... I am planning to ask for Flash pro cs4 for christmas but I'm 13.... I've already downloaded Gamemaker 7, I've made my first game with it (the game is obviously bad >.&gt but I'm wondering, should I continue with gamemaker until I'm familiar with it or should I get going with flash? Advise would be much appreciated!

Programpro
Programpro
562 posts
Nomad

Here's a good one:

www.soundsnap.com

It's a database of community-made/submitted royalty-free sounds. And it's all legal, because these were sounds submitted by the users of the site.

C'mon! Grow this thread!

devilkingx
devilkingx
17 posts
Nomad

byond

www.byond.com

search 'byond' without quotes on youtube the video for dbz heroes united one of the best byond games also search 'resident evil online' no qoutes
another awesome game and with zombies the last game i wanna showcase is 'super smash bros byond' youtube it also whats cool is you can code a bare bones chatroom/chatsystem in 2 lines of code its great check it out once again

www.byond.com

devilkingx
devilkingx
17 posts
Nomad

also theres its like flash accept free it does everything flash does including browser gameplay

silverlite site

silverlight site 2

if you want to upload your games theres 4 known sites

mushooo(thats not a typo well the 3 o's arnt)

silverarcade

gamejolt

and one more il repost when i find it also all 4 have some sort of revenue program

Showing 46-60 of 161