ForumsNews and FeedbackOur Armatars?

48 11343
wipe42
wipe42
819 posts
Nomad

So since I have never really been on a site that has been interesting enough for long enough to see an update such as AG 3.0. Then I would like to know if our Armatars and othr information will be transfered to the newer site. Will our acounts be transfered aswell or will we need to make new acounts?
So any help with this would be great. I do need sleep at night you.

• 48 Replies
knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

Seeing his achievements on Armor Games I'm sure he'll be well recognized for them in the event the AP system is revamped.

Shenko
Shenko
1,059 posts
Treasurer

i dont like the change!
as long as i got meh ap im happy

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

I read all the posts (especially the ones from cormyn) with much enthusiasm! =D
FINALLY! Can't wait for the new v3.0 to start! But it raised a couple of questions for me too...

- Will the about section on people's profiles be saved and transferred as well? I've made a backup of mine just to make sure, but it would be nice to know it it will be transeferred...

- Will the new points system mentioned also include a new range of ranking shields similar to the ones we have now? I'm curious to find out whether my suggestion for additional ranks, or a different version of this, will be implemented in the new version...

Would be great to get a response on these questions by an actual admin!
I'll be waiting with anxiety... =D

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

firetail madness wasted 2 years of his life just to watch so much ap disapear

Well, "disappear" might be an overstatement. Like I said, the whole AP system s still being reviewed. Nobody will "lose" anything, but we're still trying to figure out how the AG2 AP will translate into something equivalent on AG3.

I'm sure he'll be well recognized for them

Exactly. We're just not entirely sure yet how we'll do it.

Will the about section on people's profiles be saved and transferred as well?

Yes, your "biography" area is already transferred to the new system, and any changes you make on this AG2 site will immediately copy over to AG3. We have a system in place that watches for any changes on AG2 about your user profile, and sends those changes to AG3.

Will the new points system mentioned also include a new range of ranking shields similar to the ones we have now

Per my comment above, we haven't worked out all of those details yet.
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Thanx for the update and answering of the questions cormyn! =D

I'm glad to see an admin who's taking care of answering the users' questions about AG v3.0!

Don't get me wrong... the mods did a GREAT job so far, they just weren't as close to the fire as you are!

Again thanx!

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Well, I'm one of three people *lighting* the fire, so yeah ... ;o)

wajor59
wajor59
909 posts
Nomad

Thanks, cormyn for keeping us informed!

knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

I have to give you many thanks Cormyn.

I must note a lot of people being insecure about "AP".

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

I guess the overall fright amongst the users is that their 'hard earned AP' will vanish into thin air like snow in the sun once the new AG3 is fired up! 0_o

I'm confident everyone at AG-HQ has been working hard to keep the damage to a minimal and have as much people pleased as possible when the transition occurs!

We have faith in the, oh great whizzards of AG! *makes worship kneefall*
Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

my hands are on my head, my head between my knees and i'm rocking back and forth in the corner knight.
Icewall42
Icewall42
34 posts
Nomad

I'm kind of ashamed of it, but my AP was hard earned so I'd prefer to see it transfer. You know?

I know I know, it's silly to even care--maybe even a bit obsessive-compulsive... and destructive to my sanity...

Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

on a serious note: why don't we have everyone from wood squire keep theirs to be fair.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

It does not matter to me what happens to AP, though it would be nice to keep the record of what we accomplished in AG2 somewhere in our stats. I still have to stress that if AP is going to be used in AG3 that the awesomeness of AG3 will be lowered substantially, if we keep the points.

It's a correlation, really. The higher your AP is currently, the level of "fun" you will have in AG3 will decrease, since you will lose that amount. So. What can we do to have some sort of satisfaction within AG3? Anyone wanna implement a new AP stat?

Every 10 AP earned in AG2 will count as 1 AP in AG3. I'm all for a complete wipe of AP for the new system, but stress that a recognition of sorts is due when AG3 is completed. If you give my ideas any thought, any AG2 member will receive an AG2 relic that signifies you were an active member back then.

OH. And with the cool treasure chest flash theme too? That would be cool

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

"Recognition" as Freakenstein mentioned, is already in the works, for all AG2 users, especially those who have worked hard to gain AP. I don't know yet what this will entail.

What will ultimately happen with AP or how AP will work in AG3, as we've said several times, is undecided.

burnedUdown
burnedUdown
8 posts
Peasant

i just play 2 days so i dont understant why to change the website

Showing 16-30 of 48