ForumsWEPRIs suicide an escape?

362 69928
Asterantha
Asterantha
100 posts
Nomad

No matter the reason -- couldn't you say it's always an escape?

Is it selfish? Or, depending on the motive, selfless?

• 362 Replies
XXAlienGirlXX
XXAlienGirlXX
810 posts
Nomad

Part of the reason that bullying affects people is that the people that are getting bullied are too self conscious. They either worry about their body, their social "rank", etc.

That is my exact point. Why end your life for these dum things?

Do people suicide for the fun of it?

If your some suicidal lunatic then yeah.
wolf1991
wolf1991
3,440 posts
Farmer

I keep getting ninja'd.
Part of the reason that bullying affects people is that the people that are getting bullied are too self conscious. They either worry about their body, their social "rank", etc.

...The people getting bullied are victims! Don't you dare try to justify that! Don't justify the actions of tyrants. Self concious? Yeah you become self concious after going through 5 years of hell and every single person besides your parents left you to your own devices. Social rank? Sure why the hell not? You feel like an outcast afterward. But those who are bullied are often picked on simply because they have a greater and deeper emotional complexity and therefore will respond! And then the a*sholes get a kick out of it. They do it for fun!

Do people suicide for the fun of it?

I have never seen a more disrespectful comment in my life. You need a bloody reality check!
wolf1991
wolf1991
3,440 posts
Farmer

Maybe a bit too personal, don't need to answer if you don't want to, but, what drove you to contemplate suicide? and what made you not do it in the end?

An honest question, and one that deserves an answer. The final straw came when a class mate of mine killed themself over some secret personal issue which I have never known. This classmate was well liked by everyone, and was known to hate me. From that point on people kept telling me they wished I had killed myself instead of my classmate. They told me I was better off dead because I wasn't worth anything. The only thing that saved me, and it was a near thing, was the love I have for my family. That, and a desire to prove them wrong. A desire to make something of myself. I still maintain that desire today.
Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

@ wolf: exactly that.

1337Player
1337Player
1,766 posts
Peasant

You need a bloody reality check!

Calm down, please. Please?

I'm not saying that it's their own fault for killing themselves. I'm saying if, IF they are self conscious then it's likely that it's part of the reason. Yes the bullies are being a-holes and there is a reason to "hate" them. They don't kill the bullies because they don't want to get in legal trouble so they kill themselves, nothing in the law happens to them right? I know a little small compared to a life but that's all I got.

Yes I know that was a stupid question, I'm sorry.
wolf1991
wolf1991
3,440 posts
Farmer

@ wolf: exactly that.

Exactly what?

Yes the bullies are being a-holes and there is a reason to "hate" them. They don't kill the bullies because they don't want to get in legal trouble so they kill themselves, nothing in the law happens to them right? I know a little small compared to a life but that's all I got.

If you had a group of people use you as a punching bag for 5 years for almost every single day and then they told you how worthless you were wouldn't you hate them? Wouldn't you want them dead? Or even yourself just so everything could stop? As I said, you need a bloody reality check.
Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

as in i agree with what you said. i couldn't put it better i think.

1337Player
1337Player
1,766 posts
Peasant

you need a bloody reality check.

I get that.
If you had a group of people use you as a punching bag for 5 years for almost every single day and then they told you how worthless you were wouldn't you hate them?

That's a different situation. Of course you would hate them. Of course you would want them dead. Actually I think you just said everything I just said...
XXAlienGirlXX
XXAlienGirlXX
810 posts
Nomad

If you had a group of people use you as a punching bag for 5 years for almost every single day and then they told you how worthless you were wouldn't you hate them? Wouldn't you want them dead? Or even yourself just so everything could stop? As I said, you need a bloody reality check.

Some people have never even experienced that, so they would never know how people who have experienced that have felt. I honestly have never experienced anything like that, but I have compassion for these people.
And could you also answer my question Wolf?
BlackVortex
BlackVortex
1,360 posts
Nomad

From that point on people kept telling me they wished I had killed myself instead of my classmate. They told me I was better off dead because I wasn't worth anything.

That's rough. I've never been bullied myself so I can't imagine how it must feel to have things like that thrown at you constantly, at a young age too, and I just see there was physical abuse too, didn't teachers do anything, or anybody for that matter? :S

The only thing that saved me, and it was a near thing, was the love I have for my family. That, and a desire to prove them wrong. A desire to make something of myself. I still maintain that desire today.

Well good luck with it wolf, I'm sure you'll make it somewhere
shadowfyre541
shadowfyre541
61 posts
Peasant

It depends on the situation, though its probably safe to say that people who actually commit suicide (not people who just want to get attention) feel that there's no way out or no way to improve their lives, whether the situation is really like that or if they just think its like that. The point is that suicide is a way to end your own life, and with it all the bad or negative things in it.

1337Player
1337Player
1,766 posts
Peasant

An honest question, and one that deserves an answer. The final straw came when a class mate of mine killed themself over some secret personal issue which I have never known. This classmate was well liked by everyone, and was known to hate me. From that point on people kept telling me they wished I had killed myself instead of my classmate. They told me I was better off dead because I wasn't worth anything. The only thing that saved me, and it was a near thing, was the love I have for my family. That, and a desire to prove them wrong. A desire to make something of myself. I still maintain that desire today.

Just read that.

Wow. That must be hard. I'm almost tearing up (like crying, not being ripped apart) here.

Just don't get so critical. You're going to be okay.

Okay that was a bit cheesy for me.
XXAlienGirlXX
XXAlienGirlXX
810 posts
Nomad

I hate to pity you Wolf, but your story is a sad one.

Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

dammit i hate computer conversations! i get confused okay.
@wolf what i meant was that i was in a similar situation for a couple of years until i got the courage to beat up one of the big fuckers.

XXAlienGirlXX
XXAlienGirlXX
810 posts
Nomad

dammit i hate computer conversations! i get confused okay.
@wolf what i meant was that i was in a similar situation for a couple of years until i got the courage to beat up one of the big ****ers.

Dammit, not Efan.
Showing 31-45 of 362