ForumsWEPRIs suicide an escape?

362 69932
Asterantha
Asterantha
100 posts
Nomad

No matter the reason -- couldn't you say it's always an escape?

Is it selfish? Or, depending on the motive, selfless?

• 362 Replies
wolf1991
wolf1991
3,440 posts
Farmer

didn't teachers do anything, or anybody for that matter?

According to them, yes. According to me and my family, no. My school had "strict" rules about bullying. I was in the principal's office roughly 20+ times over 5 years because of the same people. The worst punishment these people got was a 1000 word essay on why not to bully someone. They never did the essay and teachers didn't bother making them. According to the school rules, actually to the district school board rules, they should have been suspended for a minimum of 20 days or face expulsion for over 5 accounts of what they called "harassment".

Just don't get so critical. You're going to be okay

Of course I am. That was five years ago, and I came out a better person despite everything. I am an extremely empathetic and moral person because of this and I try to save people from enduring pain because I do not want someone to end up going down a road I could have went down.
BlackVortex
BlackVortex
1,360 posts
Nomad

what i meant was that i was in a similar situation for a couple of years until i got the courage to beat up one of the big ****ers.

Somehow I don't think you were in the same situation..
Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

now whats that supposed to mean? my story ended happy.

Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

Somehow I don't think you were in the same situation..

what do you mean? you don't even know me or the story in full.
BlackVortex
BlackVortex
1,360 posts
Nomad

The worst punishment these people got was a 1000 word essay on why not to bully someone. They never did the essay and teachers didn't bother making them. According to the school rules, actually to the district school board rules, they should have been suspended for a minimum of 20 days or face expulsion for over 5 accounts of what they called "harassment".

Sounds fitting for the crime. /sarcasm
Well atleast you got thru it and as you say you're a better person for it.

what do you mean? you don't even know me or the story in full.

Ok, you're right I assumed that, please do continue
Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

i was depressed, had nervous habits and i was suicidal because they spat on me, hit me, forced the door open when i was hiding in the bathroom, blamed me for everything i did wrong. not to mention that the teachers turned a blind eye. when i made a complaint the teacher made me shake hands with the bullies, my dad made talked to my year three teacher to make sure i wasn't in the same class next year. so what did they do? they stuck me in a class next to the main kid who bullied me. and that's not even the full story.

Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

everything i did wrong

they did wrong sorry.
XXAlienGirlXX
XXAlienGirlXX
810 posts
Nomad

i was depressed, had nervous habits and i was suicidal because they spat on me, hit me, forced the door open when i was hiding in the bathroom, blamed me for everything i did wrong. not to mention that the teachers turned a blind eye. when i made a complaint the teacher made me shake hands with the bullies, my dad made talked to my year three teacher to make sure i wasn't in the same class next year. so what did they do? they stuck me in a class next to the main kid who bullied me. and that's not even the full story.

Haha, you got owned.
Joe96
Joe96
2,233 posts
Peasant

It isn't. Before people try to kill themselves, they should ask themselves a few things:
1.Do I really want to die?
2.Is this really going to solve my problems?
3.How will this affect the people I love?
4.If I'm that desperate, why not try more drastic measures (Threatening to go to the Dean or even file a lawsuit, pray, etc.)If I'm going to do it anyway, why not try things I didn't try before, since I don't believe there is much to lose?
5.Is there anyway I can move or get taken away from my troubling environment?

Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

Haha, you got owned.

you bitch.
Joe96
Joe96
2,233 posts
Peasant

Haha, you got owned.

That's not even funny. You have no idea what that person's going through, and if people spat on you beat you, and told everyone mortifying lies about you every day for years on end, I think you'd be a little more sympathetic.
XXAlienGirlXX
XXAlienGirlXX
810 posts
Nomad

I am sympathetic, I'm just treating Efan like Efan.

whimsyboy
whimsyboy
938 posts
Nomad

It isn't. Before people try to kill themselves, they should ask themselves a few things:
1.Do I really want to die?
2.Is this really going to solve my problems?
3.How will this affect the people I love?
4.If I'm that desperate, why not try more drastic measures (Threatening to go to the Dean or even file a lawsuit, pray, etc.)If I'm going to do it anyway, why not try things I didn't try before, since I don't believe there is much to lose?
5.Is there anyway I can move or get taken away from my troubling environment?

For a lot of those questions, the unfortunate answer is that the pros outweigh the cons. That the pain, the anguish, depression and fear one may feel was just too bad to continue living under. The stress one might feel under those circumstances really makes you think about ending it. I've considered it twice in my life, both times, I thought deeply and realized that I was capable of bettering myself, and I wasn't at a point where the depression was that bad.

Let me ask you this, Joe: Have you ever been moderately to severely depressed for a period longer than a month or so?
Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

I am sympathetic, I'm just treating Efan like Efan

a lebanese hooker?
Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

h ooker

Showing 46-60 of 362