ForumsWEPRIs suicide an escape?

362 69934
Asterantha
Asterantha
100 posts
Nomad

No matter the reason -- couldn't you say it's always an escape?

Is it selfish? Or, depending on the motive, selfless?

• 362 Replies
BenTheBozer
BenTheBozer
815 posts
Nomad

Men tend to see it as a way to fix there problems while women tend to use it as a way of getting attention, no matter the situation it could always be worse, suicide can be selfish but it can also be neccessery.

XXAlienGirlXX
XXAlienGirlXX
810 posts
Nomad

Many people have killed thereself through grief and depression, just to escape the life they have, and to make the suffering end. But would you call it escape if a lunatic jumped off a bridge?

BlackVortex
BlackVortex
1,360 posts
Nomad

But would you call it escape if a lunatic jumped off a bridge?

Usually people who commit suicide in public places are seeking for attention, if you were serious about it and so depressed you couldn't live any longer, you would do it in private and quickly.
Few weeks ago a woman here threatened to jump off a bridge and commit suicide over a motorway, well guess what, she didn't, and I'll bet she wasn't planning to either, otherwise what was stopping her, the police arrived like 30 mins after she got there.
XXAlienGirlXX
XXAlienGirlXX
810 posts
Nomad

Human females these days, tisk, tisk.

BenTheBozer
BenTheBozer
815 posts
Nomad

Human females these days, tisk, tisk.

It's not just females, men do it to just the majority of these people are females.
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

No matter WHAT, suicide is NEVER acceptable, escape, attention, or otherwise. People who commit suicide are selfish; there is always a way around your troubles. They failed to recognize how those that love them are going to feel if he or she would be gone. All in all, I just pity them.

This is why extreme friendships are important, or as the Manly Code defines it, "bromance". I don't care if it seems gay to you; comfort your troubled friend and lead him away from such foolishness.

Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

Males have a higher success rate of carrying suicide out.

XXAlienGirlXX
XXAlienGirlXX
810 posts
Nomad

Is it that Men do not enjoy life as much as Women?

BlackVortex
BlackVortex
1,360 posts
Nomad

People who commit suicide are selfish; there is always a way around your troubles.

That's true but some people just don't know how to go about doing it.

They failed to recognize how those that love them are going to feel if he or she would be gone. All in all, I just pity them

What about those who have lost all their family and friends, have nobody to turn to?
I realize that isn't a common situation, nearly everybody has somebody, but in that case, would suicide be acceptable to you?

Males have a higher success rate of carrying suicide out.

Damn right, Men: 1 - Women: 0.
Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

Would not enjoy life == depression.

If yes then that would be the opposite since women are twice as likely to become depressed or re-lapse into depression.

1337Player
1337Player
1,766 posts
Peasant

Not always. Sometimes suicide can be a jail. What if you went to Hell or reincarnated into something else, or just turned nonexistent. What would you do then? In Hell you would be tortured by the Devil, etc. If you were reincarnated you would just be another person and probably suicide again and again, paradox. Nothingness is well nothing so an escape? Probably not.

wolf1991
wolf1991
3,440 posts
Farmer

No matter WHAT, suicide is NEVER acceptable, escape, attention, or otherwise. People who commit suicide are selfish; there is always a way around your troubles. They failed to recognize how those that love them are going to feel if he or she would be gone. All in all, I just pity them.

I once contemplated suicide. Is it selfish to want the pain to stop? What happens when everyone leaves you to your own problems and you're so far gone that you don't know which way is out, so you dig deeper, but there's only so deep you can go before you just give up. You haven't any idea what drives people to such thoughts, sometimes there is no way out, sometimes it's walking on the edge of a knife and the smallest thing is going to send you over that edge. Selfish...suicide is only selfish if it cannot be reasonably justified. Suffering day in and out, watching everyone of your friends abandon you, having enough self loathing that you see no point in life. Don't f*cking sit there and say everything can always work out. Deal in reality here biddy, not everything is daisies and sunshine, not everything works out. Sometimes death is the only way to get rid of everything because by the point you're considering suicide you're indifferent to everything, and nothing really matters. Take it from someone who's looked down that hell hole.

Not always. Sometimes suicide can be a jail. What if you went to Hell or reincarnated into something else, or just turned nonexistent. What would you do then? In Hell you would be tortured by the Devil, etc. If you were reincarnated you would just be another person and probably suicide again and again, paradox. Nothingness is well nothing so an escape? Probably not.

Don't start with the religious bullsh*t.
1337Player
1337Player
1,766 posts
Peasant

Don't start with the religious bullsh*t.

Okay...

But still suicide wouldn't be an escape, sort of. Sure it's an escape from the world but what happens next? Exactly, no one knows except for people that already died, they know what happens.
XXAlienGirlXX
XXAlienGirlXX
810 posts
Nomad

Remember that girl who killed herself because she was being bullied so much? that would seem like escape to me.

BlackVortex
BlackVortex
1,360 posts
Nomad

Sure it's an escape from the world but what happens next?

People sometimes commit suicide because they believe there is a 'better' place they go to when they die, others just can't deal with the pain they feel day in day out, and probably don't care what happens next as long as they escape this life now.
No factual evidence to back that up, just what I think xP

Sometimes death is the only way to get rid of everything because by the point you're considering suicide you're indifferent to everything, and nothing really matters.

Did you ever talk about your problems to anybody? Usually people from the outside looking in can solve problems better than you can solve your own. Not trying to be the .com doctor, just wondering if you got professional help.
Showing 1-15 of 362