ForumsWEPRIs suicide an escape?

362 69878
Asterantha
Asterantha
100 posts
Nomad

No matter the reason -- couldn't you say it's always an escape?

Is it selfish? Or, depending on the motive, selfless?

• 362 Replies
BlackVortex
BlackVortex
1,360 posts
Nomad

i was depressed, had nervous habits and i was suicidal because they spat on me, hit me, forced the door open when i was hiding in the bathroom, blamed me for everything i did wrong. not to mention that the teachers turned a blind eye. when i made a complaint the teacher made me shake hands with the bullies, my dad made talked to my year three teacher to make sure i wasn't in the same class next year. so what did they do? they stuck me in a class next to the main kid who bullied me. and that's not even the full story.

But you said you got over it by beating one of them up, that doesn't sound like you were extremely affected by it, simply beating someone up doesn't take away years of mental and physical abuse now does it.

Haha, you got owned.

I actually lol'd.
Joe96
Joe96
2,233 posts
Peasant

Let me ask you this, Joe: Have you ever been moderately to severely depressed for a period longer than a month or so?

Yes I have, for over a year now. I have anxiety too. It is very hard, and I have thought of this as well. But, I never let it get the best of me. No matter how bad things get, I tell my self that I am a strong person and that I can endure whatever life hurls at me. People who haven't suffered from depression or anxiety cannot even percieve what it is like to go through this and in my opinion, depression is much more painful than breaking bones. (Trust me, I know what I'm talking about)
Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

simply beating someone up doesn't take away years of mental and physical abuse now does it.

no, but i did it because i was hoping it would make them stop.
Joe96
Joe96
2,233 posts
Peasant

no, but i did it because i was hoping it would make them stop.

I just ignore them, it works most of the time.
wolf1991
wolf1991
3,440 posts
Farmer

I just ignore them, it works most of the time.

That crackpot theory actually works? From what I know it makes things worse.
Asterantha
Asterantha
100 posts
Nomad

Whoa, this thread really carried itself on.

I wonder about instances (and I don't know if this ever actually happened) if, theoretically, someone with a terminal illness were to kill themselves before they wasted away. I'm curious as to what it would still classify as. Still suicide, I suppose?

Moe
Moe
1,715 posts
Blacksmith

I wonder about instances (and I don't know if this ever actually happened) if, theoretically, someone with a terminal illness were to kill themselves before they wasted away. I'm curious as to what it would still classify as. Still suicide, I suppose?

Its happened, a lot. It often takes the forum of assisted suicide because the person is not capable of it alone.
Asterantha
Asterantha
100 posts
Nomad

Its happened, a lot. It often takes the forum of assisted suicide because the person is not capable of it alone.

Like euthanasia? I heard about a lot of doctors or nurses that were prosecuted because of that.
TikTokToo1
TikTokToo1
95 posts
Nomad

if you are going to be "an hero," it is NOT right. everyone needs to understand that depression is very serious. also, if someone commits suicide in public JUST to get attention, and that person actually does it, there is absolutely NO point in doing it. like many people said, you have to ask yourself some very important questions like:
-"Do I really want to waste my life to get out of trouble?"
-"what about the ones who love me? will this help me?"
ect..
In many cases,its just not right IMO.

Skipper8656568
Skipper8656568
325 posts
Peasant

many religions view it as an "escape" and I do not know why.
It is the greatest choice any human can makeâ¦

goumas13
goumas13
4,752 posts
Grand Duke

Suicide is usually motivated by the desire to test the affection of loved ones or to punish their lack of support with the burden of guilt.
Actions motivated by such motives cannot be considered selfless.

Shenko
Shenko
1,059 posts
Treasurer

if your thinking of suicide because of bullies
thats just stupid
try to fit in
or dont play video games all day and do something
if u get bullied thats your fault

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Is it selfish? Or, depending on the motive, selfless?

I haven't had a chance to read through this whole thing so sorry for repeating something that might have already been said, but I think it would depend on the situation.

if your thinking of suicide because of bullies
thats just stupid
try to fit in
or dont play video games all day and do something
if u get bullied thats your fault

It's your fault for not conforming? Go &*^@ yourself! This is like saying it's your fault for being robbed because you had something of value to steal. However I do agree killing yourself over being bullied is not the correct method to handle the situations.
Shenko
Shenko
1,059 posts
Treasurer

no its not like saying its your fault for getting robbed
but its your fault for being an easy target

Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

so it's a wheelchair kids fault for being an easy target for a marathon runner?

Showing 61-75 of 362