ForumsThe TavernYour experiences with the paranormal

287 46466
Joe96
Joe96
2,226 posts
Peasant

Some creepy things have happened in my house. I've seen shadows that look like people, but walk on there own. I once saw my grandma sitting on my little brother's bed on the anniversery of her death the morning I woke up (I didn't even know it until I told my mom and aunt and they told me). Some nights when I'm in my bed and everyone is sleeping, I will hear things moving downstairs. But it gets wierder! Sometimes I take my showers and I hear someone knocking on the bathroom door. I ask who's knocking and no one replies. I get out a few minutes later and nobody was upstairs. In 8th grade, I would be up doing homework until 12-1 A.M. Twice, I was doing my homework at my desk and the door slams on me! The first time open, the second time shut. And when I say slammed, I mean slammed. There were no windows open, no fans on, nobody was walking around or moving. Have you ever had any experiences of your own?

• 287 Replies
waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

I just remembered another. From time to time, especially when I'm the last one awake in the house, there will be a glugging sound from the kitchen, like that of someone drinking something really fast. It's always weird when that happens. I'm fairly sure its the kitchen sink drain that does it, but still...

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

"Thanks" for the answer HahiHa

You're welcome
(your name isn't funny).

Is it supposed to be so? 0.o
I think that if some peoples sitting in a room; the risk is pretty low that 0% of the people is looking at me.

That really sounds strange, and I can't imagine it since I'm not there when it happens..
jets99
jets99
599 posts
Nomad

sometimes when im alone i hear these really creepy noises that sound like people walking on my squeeky floor

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

i don`t believe any of this
exept for the one about the sink and tech problems
in fact i don`t see how thats relevant
but yeah
some of u r making this up and some more were drunk and well....that explains that

Joe96
Joe96
2,226 posts
Peasant

^Like I said before...

That's fine if you think that but like I have said before, I just want people to share some stories. If you don't believe in ghosts or anything else like them just don't post.
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,319 posts
Treasurer

I don't believe in the paranormal, and non-believers shouldn't be kept out as long as they stay on-topic. I have had no experiences with the paranormal.

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

I don't believe in the paranormal, and non-believers shouldn't be kept out as long as they stay on-topic.

Well, if you are going to comment on a story, that would be on topic, but stating that you have no experiences with the paranormal, and that you for that matter does not believe in it is kinda stretching the "On topic" of "tell about your experiences".

You know, just like you will be failed if you are asked to write an essay and show up telling your teacher you didn't.
tegan190
tegan190
783 posts
Nomad

About a year ago, i was staying the night at my aunt's house. In the middle of the night I heard the dogs barking, so i got up and walked into the kitchen were i saw a shining red orb in the middle of the room.....weirdest thing i ever saw. I'm sure it was just a steange reflection though . . .

MEGAMANXPERT
MEGAMANXPERT
1,085 posts
Nomad

When I was 6,i went out to the village with my mom.
We were looking out of a window there,and i saw some white stuff in the middle of the forest,like really big stones,or buildings.
So we were both looking,and i though i was seeing things,until id just VANISHED.
I thought i was crazy,but then my mom said:did...did you see that?
And I was like:yeah,its gone.
And we both did an 0_o at eachother.
And nobody ever believed us,even though the forest actually looked brighter where the white stuff we saw used to be.
No,rally,wish I had a camera then.

DustyLee
DustyLee
216 posts
Nomad

one time i was leaving to go to bed and i heard a voice of a little girl say "dont leave were are you going" also i one time i woke up to the image of dead girl screaming in my face.

MEGAMANXPERT
MEGAMANXPERT
1,085 posts
Nomad

it was dark green before we saw it,it was almost yellow after it disappeared.
And it was solid,like I said,it looked like some dotted white stones or buildings.Looked like it had a lot of sharp points as well.

Joe96
Joe96
2,226 posts
Peasant

one time i was leaving to go to bed and i heard a voice of a little girl say "dont leave were are you going" also i one time i woke up to the image of dead girl screaming in my face.

Whoa, that would freak me out if that was the first thing I saw when I woke up. You should see if a girl ever died there or something.
xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,710 posts
Blacksmith

sometimes i hear a meowing at home but my cat is not at home. once i saw a middle big spider crawling on me. i didnt feel her. im not afraid of spiders but after i sprung up i thought she dropped to the ground. i searched her to kill her but i found her not. she was not very fast. maybe shasnt there?

alovera1
alovera1
510 posts
Peasant

i hear light swithches turn on and cabinets slam at night i have nine cats but they cant turn on lights or close cabinets

Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,606 posts
Nomad

i hear light swithches turn on and cabinets slam at night i have nine cats but they cant turn on lights or close cabinets

Seriously, don't underestimate ur cat, I've got one that can operate doors, flashlights, cabinetts (if its not the pull out kind, too heavy) and switches.

But I once had a weird experience where when my cat was first in my house, he would be in the bathroom alot, and I was wondering why, then one day I heard a voice speaking to him in a sharp wisper and then later that day I tried using the same tone with my cat and he immedietly looked at me when I said "look at me" and then when I said "follow me" he followed me for a bit, it was really freaky.
Showing 226-240 of 287