The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernWhy is there war?

68 10078
lostsage159
lostsage159
61 posts
Nomad

A simple question. Why is there war? please comment. id love to hear your reasponces.

• 68 Replies
eatmydust166
eatmydust166
923 posts
Peasant

because countries want land, resources and the only way they can get it is by declaring war on a country if they dont agree to share rescources. Another reason is because well... religion. Apparently religon plays a big part in a lot of wars due to differnces in religous views. Some wars start over simple things like crossing the board with military or by a conflict between a group of politicans. So there are many reasons there are war, but if there wasnt the world wouldnt be like it is today. Everything needs conflict to learn from the past. Conflict in a way is good, but all conflicts have a price to learn our lesson and advance to what we are and what we will be

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Because humans are crap at keeping peace. For the "Most civilized, intelligent and wise" being, we are really primitive, really stupid and do not learn from our collective mistakes.

Healmeal
Healmeal
1,941 posts
Nomad

Pretty easy answered. Egoism. Egoism leads to greed, hate, jaloeze etc.

If someone wants the oil in the east, they prepare for "war". If someone hates the jews, they will turn hostile rather easily. Those are 2 actual examples for wars currently going on.

People care too much about them selves and too little about others. War is natural. However, uniting countries, and educating people enough will change visions people have. For example, gays. Young children nowadays learn at school that being gay is normal, just a bit more rare. Compared to how I was taught, it differs, so that they grow up with a different vision than me. That's just a shift. That doesn mean however, that it might also be possible to talk hate and everything out of someone. However, I'm not really convinced.

eatmydust166
eatmydust166
923 posts
Peasant

Because humans are crap at keeping peace. For the "Most civilized, intelligent and wise" being, we are really primitive, really stupid and do not learn from our collective mistakes.

I disagree with that. I don't think we are bad a keeping peace, but for the people that we elect and that we chose to lead us are.
I also disagree with you saying we don't learn anything. I think we have all learned from the past. And I think if we have not learned the lesson that was from the past, that someday we will, just not today. Change takes time and I for one think that eventually we will all learn our mistakes and look back and try to fix what we are able to.
Zega
Zega
6,921 posts
Peasant

Without war, we wouldn't know what peace is.

Healmeal
Healmeal
1,941 posts
Nomad

I disagree with that. I don't think we are bad a keeping peace, but for the people that we elect and that we chose to lead us are.

Might is corrupting, it;s not a miracle. Very few people are &quoture" enough to be really able to lead. However, the european union seems to work fine. No wars within europe. Atleast not military.

I also disagree with you saying we don't learn anything. I think we have all learned from the past. And I think if we have not learned the lesson that was from the past, that someday we will, just not today. Change takes time and I for one think that eventually we will all learn our mistakes and look back and try to fix what we are able to.

It's a bet. 50 % chance we'll learn, I'd say. Some people remember their mistakes, others are too blind to see them. The more often you are confronted, the tougher that makes you, and you'll easier learn from it. THe less you are confronted, the more arrogant you become, the less you WANT to see your mistakes, the less you learn. It's all about greed. No corruption means no war, and what else.

Without war, we wouldn't know what peace is.

We wouldn't have to...
GunDragon
GunDragon
509 posts
Nomad

Because people go through the extreme to get what they want.They want to be able to control the world so they can be powerful.A clear example of that would be WWII.Another reason would probably be to control resources.

lostsage159
lostsage159
61 posts
Nomad

i believe we should learn from our mistakes. Why cant we just unite?

cptbignuts12
cptbignuts12
709 posts
Nomad

I wonder how war would be without weapons? would there be a war then.

eatmydust166
eatmydust166
923 posts
Peasant

I wonder how war would be without weapons? would there be a war then

yes it would be. I think we would use our fist and find something and make it a weapon. Humans are creative and can make almost anything dangerous. So I do think that it would still be a war. They had wars in the stone age, so it is possible.
locoace3
locoace3
15,053 posts
Nomad

I wonder how war would be without weapons? would there be a war then.

then humans would look pretty weird with no hands feet legs arms just a floating torso with eyes but we'd still find out a way to kill each other with only a torso
Zega
Zega
6,921 posts
Peasant

We wouldn't have to...

Indeed, a civilization just has those words that are needed.
lostsage159
lostsage159
61 posts
Nomad

creativity is what makes us, well, us. we would create sharp sticks to pierce skin. war will always exist.

Healmeal
Healmeal
1,941 posts
Nomad

Neither does war change much. People die, people live, etc. Ideals do, and that infuences alot. But well, war, it's always about the killing. Maybe once the world is really united, like Europe is starting to, then we'll be able to fully function as humankind and maybe go further than just Earth.

Roadripper
Roadripper
1,514 posts
Farmer

100% correct. Humans are stupid.

~RR~
Showing 1-15 of 68