The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernWhy is there war?

68 10076
lostsage159
lostsage159
61 posts
Nomad

A simple question. Why is there war? please comment. id love to hear your reasponces.

• 68 Replies
Faunbard
Faunbard
650 posts
Nomad

f it weren't for war, this place would be very dull

For video games
PrideRage
PrideRage
148 posts
Nomad

War happens when 2 or more try to claim the same thing.
Like war for a country, or a oil war, if oil resources get low.

Shenko
Shenko
1,059 posts
Treasurer

war happens when ppl dont wanna settle things by talking about it

Jamesfy9
Jamesfy9
1 posts
Nomad

Tis is due to the fact that their are humans. Humans have ideas and so these ideas lead to actions that lead to wrong doing, retaliation, and so forth.
An idea is the father of emotion, emotion is the reason for war.
Humans have the most profound ideas and so they create war.

Razerules
Razerules
4,049 posts
Nomad

I think that war is only to show how great their country is.They have war and war until they fall.Once they fall they regret this.So i think the only reason for having war is to show how great their country is.

BackFlip
BackFlip
138 posts
Nomad

war is sooo pointless when australia wared with turkey at christmas time the aussies and turks took a break and the aussies taught them how to play afl and cricket!! then the next day they were killing each other again ....

Healmeal
Healmeal
1,941 posts
Nomad

war is sooo pointless when australia wared with turkey at christmas time the aussies and turks took a break and the aussies taught them how to play afl and cricket!! then the next day they were killing each other again ....

Enough proof that the lowly soldiers don't fight for their ideals, but for money and Honor. Only leaders of groups in a country actually profit from war, and only the non-leading people suffer...
Faunbard
Faunbard
650 posts
Nomad

i agree

Healmeal
Healmeal
1,941 posts
Nomad

War erases the old generation and in-stores a new one

In peace, sons bury their fathers.
In war, fathers bury their sons.

-Herodotus

Answered that with a quote you can't disagree with. The soldiers are ALWAYS the young ones, and the civilians are always the old people. (or those too young to fight)
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

Answered that with a quote you can't disagree with. The soldiers are ALWAYS the young ones, and the civilians are always the old people. (or those too young to fight)

Although this is true, there's a good reason for this. If you fight in a war, you need to be fit and full of energy.

War sucks. It's always a terrible thing. However, you can't avoid war just because people die. Sometimes, you have to fight a war to defend your country from others who wish to do it harm.

War is bad, but it is something you must be willing to accept if there is no peaceful alternative.
Healmeal
Healmeal
1,941 posts
Nomad

Although this is true, there's a good reason for this. If you fight in a war, you need to be fit and full of energy.

I never said that it shouldn't be :P

War is bad, but it is something you must be willing to accept if there is no peaceful alternative.

But you still should do it the right way. That's what makes all the difference between a bad peace or a good war.
Razerules
Razerules
4,049 posts
Nomad

War is stupid.A lot.I mean instead of having peace they are having war.
They are fighting to gain land and reascources.I mean cant they just buy the reasources.Like states have billions of dollars to spend and instead of just buying it they hire soliders for billions of dollars instead of just buying it for millions of dollar.And when i said about land they really want it.Look at the smallest countrys on the world.Are they having war to have more land NO(Well some do but mostly not).The ones that already have a lot of land want more.So war is stupid.If we kill and kill other people and ourselfs we arent going to go anywhere with technology or anything.
War is stupid.Really Really STUPID.

eatmydust166
eatmydust166
923 posts
Peasant

thanks for pointing out war is stupid a ton of times Raze o.O

Razerules
Razerules
4,049 posts
Nomad

Is it just me or are you just insulting me.I am an european.

Strongbow
Strongbow
324 posts
Nomad

you mean europeans?

Wow...very insightful. If it weren't for those silly europeans, we'd all be wearing flower garlands in our hair and singing "Kumbaya".

War is one of those things that humans, as a collective, are very good at. We've always been able to figure out how to kill the other guy for whatever reason suits us.
Showing 31-45 of 68