The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernWhy is there war?

68 10079
lostsage159
lostsage159
61 posts
Nomad

A simple question. Why is there war? please comment. id love to hear your reasponces.

• 68 Replies
MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

I'd like to point out that even many species of monkey wage war, much as we do, with tools, raiding parties, scouts, et cetera. War is the organized and evolved form of physical conflict, which is prevalent all throughout the animal kingdom.

valkery
valkery
1,255 posts
Nomad

Humans make war on each other for many reasons. Some people think that we war for Religious reasons, and some believe that we wage war because of land and power. The actual reason humans wage war is because we get bored. We get restless. We feel the need to inflict pain on other beings. So we go and make war on people. Not because it is nessicary, nor because it is cost effective, because the war generally costs more than what you fought for in the first place. But we do it because we feel driven to it like flies to a rotting carcass. Humans have always made war, always will make war, and there is no stopping it. In every man alive there is the burning need to fight for what you think is important. It is not always apparent, especially in gay guys, but it is there.

That is why we wage war.

eatmydust166
eatmydust166
923 posts
Peasant

you're all so negative... I for one believe that some people are different and things can change. why does no one ever look on the bright side?

samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

In every man alive there is the burning need to fight for what you think is important. It is not always apparent, especially in gay guys, but it is there.

Well if your ignorant and can't contain yourself to fighting for your cause without using physical means then sure. Otherwise this is a generally lame excuse.

War is usually fought for economic reasons, whether that comes down to gaining more land or securing foreign oil interest monetary gain usually plays a large role.
BlackVortex
BlackVortex
1,360 posts
Nomad

just some escalating events from a simple 'dislike' to start, war will never stop, never.

CommanderDude7
CommanderDude7
4,689 posts
Nomad

One cro-magnon threw a rock that hit another cro-magnon. From their things just spiraled upwards.

Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,061 posts
Jester

That was epic.

Anywho, because humanity as a whole is greedy, stubborn, and egocentric. i.e.If we don't get what we want we throw a fit, in some cases this results in the sending of others to kill each other.

Kellinger
Kellinger
158 posts
Nomad

well basically what Kyouzou said is what i think

because humanity as a whole is greedy, stubborn, and egocentric. i.e.If we don't get what we want we throw a fit, in some cases this results in the sending of others to kill each other.
lostsage159
lostsage159
61 posts
Nomad

great oppinions u guys

fukwon
fukwon
283 posts
Farmer

their is war, because no one is happy with what they have so they try to take from others, causing conflict, and inevitably war..

mordecai1031
mordecai1031
156 posts
Nomad

to test out our guns, Duh.

But seriously. land, money, resources, religion,etc.

eatmydust166
eatmydust166
923 posts
Peasant

Because there is always a bad and a good guy. Simple as that

There is no such thing as a bad and a good guy. Depending on how people see a person they descide if theyre good or bad. It depends on their views and what they believe in. If you see someone as good someone else may see them as bad. It is all based on opinion.
Polymusician
Polymusician
23 posts
Nomad

Because, as humans, we have to...

1. Have our way be correct

2. Be superior

brandroid
brandroid
122 posts
Nomad

There is war becasue people are idoits.WE dont get along thats all.We kill EACHOTHER beacuse of hatred of religon.Ether its your color what you like and about your god.God made us to be peacfull people.But Everyone can be evil.Even without wepoones there would still be war.

loloynage2
loloynage2
4,206 posts
Peasant

Well...peace is boring when its too long. War erases the old generation and in-stores a new one. Its like when you want to fight some random dude for fun, so you punch him in the face...or is that just me?

Showing 16-30 of 68