ForumsNews and FeedbackAG3 Calendar: November 22, 2010

249 36786
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Hey everyone, quick update on what's happening next Monday, November 22, 2010. All times are Pacific Standard Time, which is where Los Angeles, California is.

At 9am, I'll be marking all beta registrations to receive their invite codes later in the day. Any beta registrations that come in after 9am will have to wait for our week 3 release on December 6th.

We'll be rolling out some changes to the live beta site and verifying that the code works as intended and doing lots of internal testing.

In the afternoon, when we feel the code base is tested enough, we'll send a newsletter to all users who registered for the beta, even after the 9am cutoff. This newsletter will explain more about what we've been working on, what's in the new release, that sort of thing.

Once that newsletter is sent, I'll work on getting invite codes sent out to everyone who registered before 9am that day, and those users can begin helping with what we'll be calling our "open beta." The Email you'll receive with your invite code will explain what we need from you as beta testers.

It's important to note up front that several things will seem "missing" from the site, such as the forums, leaving comments, rating the games, that sort of thing. Some user profile settings may be available, but as we've already explained, changes you make on beta may get overwritten if you change your AG2 profile later.

The full details of what's going in the beta release, and what major pieces of the site are still missing will be detailed in the newsletter.

Other than questions of "what's in the release" or "what's missing from the release", are there any questions about the process or what will be happening next Monday?

• 249 Replies
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

If you're logged in to AG and you already signed up for the AGi, then it will automatically log you in there.

MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

What do you mean by "auto-login" can you please explain?

Allow me to simplify, since many users probably don't understand the AGi. Basically what auto-login means is that on games that have high scores and leaderboards, instead of having to input your AG login information, it will automatically detect the information and log you in.
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Other auto-login games include Crush The Castle 2, Corporation Inc, and many others.

logantheking
logantheking
254 posts
Scribe

Auto-login makes it so much easier.
What other problems have you been having? Anything specific you want us to match out for on monday?

Google567
Google567
4,013 posts
Farmer

Yeah, hoepfully I can get on that day to check them out and help put.

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

I can be on, on the 22nd, because I have the whole week off that week.

Ridikuloz
Ridikuloz
5 posts
Nomad

looks good

KyahcoSukaimasutae
KyahcoSukaimasutae
311 posts
Nomad

thanks cormyn, larry , and all the team! for all this wonderful hard work! and it is all free for us!!i think we own it to ya'll to beta test the living bugs out of AG3!! and give all we can give for AG!!! see ya'll there!

Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

Tomorrow. Hurry up! I'll probably be in school though

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

Did I mention after Monday, I get 6 days off, because of Fall break and Thanksgiving paired together? I can probably use that time to help new beta testers with what they need to look for and how to report if things show up. I mean, that's all explained in your invitation key, but it doesn't go into detail.

Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

Tomorrow. Hurry up! I'll probably be in school though

I obviously got this wrong, but I think it starts at 6pm my time.

**One Equation Later**

Wayyyy off. 4am AEST is 9(You're like half an hour behind, right?). Ian did say that he would send out invite codes after he has sent out newsletter and etc so it might be a fair bit after that.
Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

You're like half an hour behind, right?

Depends what state your in :/
Ian did say that he would send out invite codes after he has sent out newsletter and etc so it might be a fair bit after that.

I want a real time spamn it! *sigh* sorry, Mr DayCee over excites me about these things.
Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

I did give you the time zone, but I actually got it wrong >_> AEDT. So, NSW-VIC timezones. It's almost midnight now. Also I should point out that's Tuesday for us and not Monday.

1337Player
1337Player
1,766 posts
Peasant

It should be tomorrow. That's when the emails with the codes should be sent to so-and-so users.

I'm still wondering how many users signed up.

Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

Also I should point out that's Tuesday for us and not Monday.

****, I thought it was our tomorrow!
Showing 16-30 of 249