ForumsNews and FeedbackAG3 Calendar: November 22, 2010

249 36789
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Hey everyone, quick update on what's happening next Monday, November 22, 2010. All times are Pacific Standard Time, which is where Los Angeles, California is.

At 9am, I'll be marking all beta registrations to receive their invite codes later in the day. Any beta registrations that come in after 9am will have to wait for our week 3 release on December 6th.

We'll be rolling out some changes to the live beta site and verifying that the code works as intended and doing lots of internal testing.

In the afternoon, when we feel the code base is tested enough, we'll send a newsletter to all users who registered for the beta, even after the 9am cutoff. This newsletter will explain more about what we've been working on, what's in the new release, that sort of thing.

Once that newsletter is sent, I'll work on getting invite codes sent out to everyone who registered before 9am that day, and those users can begin helping with what we'll be calling our "open beta." The Email you'll receive with your invite code will explain what we need from you as beta testers.

It's important to note up front that several things will seem "missing" from the site, such as the forums, leaving comments, rating the games, that sort of thing. Some user profile settings may be available, but as we've already explained, changes you make on beta may get overwritten if you change your AG2 profile later.

The full details of what's going in the beta release, and what major pieces of the site are still missing will be detailed in the newsletter.

Other than questions of "what's in the release" or "what's missing from the release", are there any questions about the process or what will be happening next Monday?

• 249 Replies
1337Player
1337Player
1,766 posts
Peasant

It says it in the OP.

Monday, November 22, 2010. All times are Pacific Standard Time, which is where Los Angeles, California is.

So take that time and convert it to your time. Which should be the 23rd for you.
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

A few ways to tell when the cut-off is, and our progress through the beta release, you can subscribe to my twitter feed.

The cut-off for registrations to get into the beta tomorrow is 9am California time. That's 12pm noon here on the web site, so if you see the time on forum posts getting closer to noon, that's how you need.

To be safe, just sign up right now at http://beta.armorgames.com

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Sorry for being absent the last few days, I've been flooded with work! 0_o

Nice to see it's finally 'systems check, prepare for launch'-day on the AG3 beta testing! YAY! Just hope everything will work out nicely... =D

*sings* "It's a beautiful daaaayyyy, the suuuun is shining, I feeeel good! And nooo-one's gonna stop me nooowww..."

Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

700,365 USERS! How awesomesauce is that!

18 tomorrow!

Congratulations, you've survived
I can't wait for it! well I can, and I have to...
Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

3/4 of them are ghosts accounts or quitted accounts or something. Not many of those are active right now.

You ruin the buzz. I know they are, but it's still good to get there. Good for advertising too...
Matrix159
Matrix159
337 posts
Nomad

Well, today is the day! Can't wait to see what happens,

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

3/4 of them are ghosts accounts or quitted accounts or something. Not many of those are active right now.

You really think that 3/4's of the user list is a ghost account?!
A lot probably are, yes, but that much?! 0_o Nah... couldn't be!

A lot of people are inactive nowadays (or less active than others), that's probably why we don't see a lot of the users come by! Plus, a lot of users don't visit the forae, they only play and rate games!

And congratulations in advance for your birthday tomorrow! =)
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

There are also more than 700K users. That number is off by a couple.

Lookin' forward to seeing some of you in Beta. Don't get too antsy!

Matrix159
Matrix159
337 posts
Nomad

*Raises hand.* =)

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

3 minutes to open beta sign up cut off ... anyone signing up after that will have to wait until Dec 6th to get into the beta.

Matrix159
Matrix159
337 posts
Nomad

Are you sending out the codes right now?

Matrix159
Matrix159
337 posts
Nomad

Crossing my fingers. =)

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

I haven't got the email verification code yet :'(

knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

I am patiently waiting for the new code release..

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

me too...........

Showing 31-45 of 249