ForumsForum GamesDungeons 'n Dragons 3.5 Forgotten Realms Setting

46375 3052211
DesertHyena
DesertHyena
2,886 posts
Peasant

Dungeons & Dragons, the oldest RPG in the world, and also one of the easiest to play/run.This is 3.5 D&D, not 4th edition,The First Adventure I shall be running is called "Crown of the Kobold King" This game is pretty much a "Generic Fantasy RPG" set in the Forbidden Realms (Drizzt the Drow ring any bells?). you start at [b]1st level.

Name:
Player:
AgeAll non-humans live longer, except Half-Orcs)
Sex:
Lookshowever technical you want to get)
Race:Human(extra feat/skill),Dwarf(+2 Con,-2 Cha), Elf(+2 Dex,-2 Con), Gnome(+2 Con,-2 Str),Half-Elf,Half-Orc(+2 Str,-2 Int,-2 Cha), Halfling(+2 Dex,-2 Str)

ClassFighter,Rouge,Wizard,Cleric, or pick one from book, see below)
Level:1
Level Equivalency:2(for level adjustment +1 characters)
Attributes:Strength(Str), Dexterity(Dex),Constitution(Con),Intelligence(Int),Wisdom(Wis),Charisma(Cha)

Attribute Bonusessee below)
all start at 8,25 points(just do 15-18=1 for experienced players, it's pretty balanced)

Saves:Fortitude(Con),Reflex(Dex),Will(Wis) (see below)
Hit points:10(Fighter)8(Cleric)6(Rogue)4(Wizard)+Con Bonus
AttackBase Attack Bonus+Str Bonus(Dex bonus for ranged, see below)
Damagebased on weapon + Str bonus 2-handed x 1.5 Str Bonus, see below)
Armor Class(AC):10+Dex Bonus+Armor+Misc(see below)
Featssee below)
Skillssee below)
Equipment:300 gp and Adventurer's Kit(with everything you need like bedrolls and rations and so on) (see below)

I have a PDF of the Player's Handbook, which I will e-mail to you if you don't have a copy, you don't need to memorize it or anything, but it would help to have it handy for this game.If you want to play another race,then No level adjustments above +1.If you give me a good reason to play a race that's not +1 level adjustment I might let you. If you want a different class, just ask(I know all classes for 3.5).

Rules not Used:
-There is no Armor Class Penalty.
-There is no Encumberence, but please be realistic(no portable rams).
-There will not be any Racial Bonuses to anything other than starting attributes.
-To Simplify the Arcane Check Penalty, Wizards cannot wear armor period.
-all Spells are allowed, but I will only list Evocation spells for Wizards and Healing Spells for Clerics in this forum as they are the most martial spells.

"FOR QUICK-PLAY CHARACTERS!"
Feats-
Your feat(s) will be:
(Fighter)Power Attack(-1 Atk,+1 Dam),Cleave(immediatly take another attack if you kill your target, you will need high Str)
(Rouge)Stealthy(+2 Hide/Move Silently)
(Cleric)Improved Turning(+4 to Turn Result)
(Wizard)Spell Focus: Evocation
(Human)Toughness (+3 HP, this is if your race is human and is in addition to your class feat)

Skills-
Your skills will be equal to 4+mods(I'll handle it), you get 1 bonus skill for every point of Int bonus, your starting skills are:
(Fighter) Intimidate, Heal
(Rogue) Hide, Move Silently, Open Lock, Disable Device,Sense Motive, Bluff, Appraise, Pick Pocket,
(Cleric)Diplomacy,Spellcraft,Knowledge(Religion),Heal
(Wizard)Spellcraft,Knowledge(Arcana)

Equipment-
your starting equipment equipment is:
(Fighter)Greatsword(2-12) or Longsword and Large Steel Shield(+2 AC), Breastplate(+5 AC,Max Dex Bonus +3),and a potion of Cure Light Wounds(1-8+1 hitpoints)
(Rougue)Thieves Tools,Short Sword(1-6),Dagger(1-4),Longbow(1-8, no Str bonus) Studded Leather(+3 AC,Max Dex Bonus +5),
(Cleric)Chainmail(+5 AC +2 Max Dex Bonus), Hvy. Mace(1-8), and 4 potions of Cure Light Wounds(1-8+1)
(Wizard)Spellbook, 4 scrolls of magic missile(1-4+1),4 potion of Cure Light Wounds and Quarterstaff(1-6)
(Halfling/Gnome)Cannot use Large Weapons (Greatsword) and cannot wear or use Large equipment (cannot wear medium creature's armor)

Attribute bonus is equal to +1 for every 2 points above 10.
After you pick your class, race, skills, feats, and equipment I will finish the sheet(saves,attack,AC)
If you have NO idea what i'm talking about, just google D&D or feel free to ask some questions.

• 46,375 Replies
shadowjak135
shadowjak135
413 posts
Nomad

Hey, Shadowjak here. I have played D&D 3.5 a lot, have a rule book, and everything. I want to play, may I jump in on this game at all? I will have a character ready by tommorow. Also, is there any set time when Deserthyena comes in and says something or is it pretty random? Also, is this played every day, or a set schedule? If you need some basic info about what I like to play, it is usually mages of some sort.

shadowjak135
shadowjak135
413 posts
Nomad

or a barbarian, one of the two.

DesertHyena
DesertHyena
2,886 posts
Peasant

Welcome aboard shadowjak135, I'm usually on between 4 and 7 p.m. and maybe after 10 (depends on the day). If you don't already have a class in mind, the party good use a good "solid" healer (like a druid or cleric). we have a rogue, a wizard, a ranger, and a paladin already, but if you don't want to, there are other classes (IF you have the right book). I have the ENTIRE collection of 3.5 books at my disposal (...and that's why i don't play 4th ed. D&D) so if you know what you want to play a certain class, just ask me. I already explained where I draw the line on races(see my first post) otherwise just ask me. The schedule is whenever everyone posts, then I will post to continue the story (or combat).

DBLACKSTAR
DBLACKSTAR
23,530 posts
Nomad

i agree with the paladin i think we should split up the ranger and the wizard go ask around while me and the paladin go talk to Gravagos

shadowjak135
shadowjak135
413 posts
Nomad

Aright, I will have a barbarian character ready by tomorrow, I don't really like playing a healer. And, I also have the entire collection of 3.5 books... Lol. I want to play an elf barbarian, and I know that it's a bit off of the normal, but I think it would be fun. Anyway, thanks for letting me join in.

DesertHyena
DesertHyena
2,886 posts
Peasant

Ufortunately, SirNoobalot, the Dwarves are checked into the Inn, and it is getting late, so it looks like they are going to drink all night, then go to bed upstairs. It sounds like everyone agrees on talking to Gravagos and asking questions about the missing children. I will continue as soon as shadowjak135 posts his character and tells us what he wants his character to do. I will assume the character simply arrives at the Inn, unless he has something else in mind, then we can go from there.

DesertHyena
DesertHyena
2,886 posts
Peasant

btw,shadowjak135 I ALWAYS play elves in D&D. I think a Wild Elf Barbarian (just saying) would be a good idea for a Barbarian (again, it's your character) since you have all the books. Don't post the skill values, I assume all skill picks are automaticly maxed out (to simplify, since it's a forum RPG) and keep track of all rolls (since we don't have an in-forum dice roller, I usually roll for everyone anyway). If you have any other questions, I'll be here all night.

SirNoobalot
SirNoobalot
22,207 posts
Nomad

I will ask around for and go to Gravagos.

Any rats crawling around the inn?? . If i sense any, have them bite those mean dwarfs (while in their drunken sleep) for calling me a fairy O<

DesertHyena
DesertHyena
2,886 posts
Peasant

(sound of dice rolling) There are indeed rats in the basement and they are willing to comply with your command. It looks like the Dwarves are in for a LONG night.

shadowjak135
shadowjak135
413 posts
Nomad

What is Sirnoobalot? commanding rats? And yeah, wild elf sounds good. Anyway, I will be on tommorow with a complete character. And why shouldn't I post the skill values? I've only ever played around-a-table D&D before so I don't quite get all of the forum game rules.

SirNoobalot
SirNoobalot
22,207 posts
Nomad

I am an Elf Ranger, Jtluk .

ask around for Gravagos.

shadowjak135
shadowjak135
413 posts
Nomad

I will follow the campaign closely, it seems as though this hasn't gotton too far. It seems like it will be a fun campaign. I'm going to back out of question asking at this point, and go start working on my character. Watch out for Laftharion, the only elf barbarian in the whole frickin world!!! lol. XP

shadowjak135
shadowjak135
413 posts
Nomad

If you want me to give an action now, it would be to go over to the dwarves, say "I heard that!" and punch the one that said that elves were fairies in the face. Go anger!

DBLACKSTAR
DBLACKSTAR
23,530 posts
Nomad

FOOL!!! you aren't the only elf barbarian in the world i have one also but nice name and also YAY ANGER!!! WOO

shadowjak135
shadowjak135
413 posts
Nomad

lol. Getting a character drawn up now, I will only be able to do menial role-playing tasks for now.

Showing 76-90 of 46375