The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsForum GamesDungeons 'n Dragons 3.5 Forgotten Realms Setting

46375 3743737
DesertHyena
DesertHyena
2,886 posts
Peasant

Dungeons & Dragons, the oldest RPG in the world, and also one of the easiest to play/run.This is 3.5 D&D, not 4th edition,The First Adventure I shall be running is called "Crown of the Kobold King" This game is pretty much a "Generic Fantasy RPG" set in the Forbidden Realms (Drizzt the Drow ring any bells?). you start at [b]1st level.

Name:
Player:
AgeAll non-humans live longer, except Half-Orcs)
Sex:
Lookshowever technical you want to get)
Race:Human(extra feat/skill),Dwarf(+2 Con,-2 Cha), Elf(+2 Dex,-2 Con), Gnome(+2 Con,-2 Str),Half-Elf,Half-Orc(+2 Str,-2 Int,-2 Cha), Halfling(+2 Dex,-2 Str)

ClassFighter,Rouge,Wizard,Cleric, or pick one from book, see below)
Level:1
Level Equivalency:2(for level adjustment +1 characters)
Attributes:Strength(Str), Dexterity(Dex),Constitution(Con),Intelligence(Int),Wisdom(Wis),Charisma(Cha)

Attribute Bonusessee below)
all start at 8,25 points(just do 15-18=1 for experienced players, it's pretty balanced)

Saves:Fortitude(Con),Reflex(Dex),Will(Wis) (see below)
Hit points:10(Fighter)8(Cleric)6(Rogue)4(Wizard)+Con Bonus
AttackBase Attack Bonus+Str Bonus(Dex bonus for ranged, see below)
Damagebased on weapon + Str bonus 2-handed x 1.5 Str Bonus, see below)
Armor Class(AC):10+Dex Bonus+Armor+Misc(see below)
Featssee below)
Skillssee below)
Equipment:300 gp and Adventurer's Kit(with everything you need like bedrolls and rations and so on) (see below)

I have a PDF of the Player's Handbook, which I will e-mail to you if you don't have a copy, you don't need to memorize it or anything, but it would help to have it handy for this game.If you want to play another race,then No level adjustments above +1.If you give me a good reason to play a race that's not +1 level adjustment I might let you. If you want a different class, just ask(I know all classes for 3.5).

Rules not Used:
-There is no Armor Class Penalty.
-There is no Encumberence, but please be realistic(no portable rams).
-There will not be any Racial Bonuses to anything other than starting attributes.
-To Simplify the Arcane Check Penalty, Wizards cannot wear armor period.
-all Spells are allowed, but I will only list Evocation spells for Wizards and Healing Spells for Clerics in this forum as they are the most martial spells.

"FOR QUICK-PLAY CHARACTERS!"
Feats-
Your feat(s) will be:
(Fighter)Power Attack(-1 Atk,+1 Dam),Cleave(immediatly take another attack if you kill your target, you will need high Str)
(Rouge)Stealthy(+2 Hide/Move Silently)
(Cleric)Improved Turning(+4 to Turn Result)
(Wizard)Spell Focus: Evocation
(Human)Toughness (+3 HP, this is if your race is human and is in addition to your class feat)

Skills-
Your skills will be equal to 4+mods(I'll handle it), you get 1 bonus skill for every point of Int bonus, your starting skills are:
(Fighter) Intimidate, Heal
(Rogue) Hide, Move Silently, Open Lock, Disable Device,Sense Motive, Bluff, Appraise, Pick Pocket,
(Cleric)Diplomacy,Spellcraft,Knowledge(Religion),Heal
(Wizard)Spellcraft,Knowledge(Arcana)

Equipment-
your starting equipment equipment is:
(Fighter)Greatsword(2-12) or Longsword and Large Steel Shield(+2 AC), Breastplate(+5 AC,Max Dex Bonus +3),and a potion of Cure Light Wounds(1-8+1 hitpoints)
(Rougue)Thieves Tools,Short Sword(1-6),Dagger(1-4),Longbow(1-8, no Str bonus) Studded Leather(+3 AC,Max Dex Bonus +5),
(Cleric)Chainmail(+5 AC +2 Max Dex Bonus), Hvy. Mace(1-8), and 4 potions of Cure Light Wounds(1-8+1)
(Wizard)Spellbook, 4 scrolls of magic missile(1-4+1),4 potion of Cure Light Wounds and Quarterstaff(1-6)
(Halfling/Gnome)Cannot use Large Weapons (Greatsword) and cannot wear or use Large equipment (cannot wear medium creature's armor)

Attribute bonus is equal to +1 for every 2 points above 10.
After you pick your class, race, skills, feats, and equipment I will finish the sheet(saves,attack,AC)
If you have NO idea what i'm talking about, just google D&D or feel free to ask some questions.

• 46,375 Replies
shadowjak135
shadowjak135
413 posts
Nomad

You get 10 HP at start. You get +d10 every level up you get

Hypermnestra
Hypermnestra
26,390 posts
Nomad

Yes, I am using the longsword.

DesertHyena
DesertHyena
2,886 posts
Peasant

I meant shadowjak.

shadowjak135
shadowjak135
413 posts
Nomad

ok, I try to slash his face off. I jist thot that since I was picking up people, I would have it in it's sheath... lol.

SirNoobalot
SirNoobalot
22,207 posts
Nomad

Well then... just shoot the mounted Kobold >:O

shadowjak135
shadowjak135
413 posts
Nomad

well, my dad's kickin me off my computer. sorry people. If you want to keep going until the end of combat, my plan was to keep saving people. keep track of my health. If I drop down too low, 3 or less, make me run out of the burning building. Anyway, If I meet a kobold, I kill it. Jist tell me wat the end results are tommorow, and where we go after this fight.

DesertHyena
DesertHyena
2,886 posts
Peasant

OK, next round (this time in initiative order)

(Turn 2)Lotton is STILL undetected, and kills ANOTHER kobold (rampage!). the kobolds charge the Ranger and Wizard before they can shoot again and one hits the Wizard for 4 damage, the wizard is down (bad luck old bean). The toads attack and miss completely.The other kobolds(in the house) attack and one hits The Paladin for 5 damage. The Ranger steps back and shoots but misses. The Barbarian CRUSHES one of the kobolds, and the Paladin gets another. the last kobold runs away, but is caught by Lotton and captured (dead or alive DBLACKSTAR?) there are currently 4 kobolds by the ranger w/2 toads and 4 wandering toads doing nothing.

What do you do now?

SirNoobalot
SirNoobalot
22,207 posts
Nomad

Take a blank shot at a Kobold charging me, then draw my sword+shield.

Hypermnestra
Hypermnestra
26,390 posts
Nomad

I'll go to help out the ranger as soon as all the civilians are safely out of the building.

DBLACKSTAR
DBLACKSTAR
23,530 posts
Nomad

i guess i'l keep him alive and stake him to the ground via his limbs and sharp pointy things the i will go assist the ranger

DesertHyena
DesertHyena
2,886 posts
Peasant

the civilians are safe, but the Ranger is in serious trouble. shadowjak is on ai, so he's going to charge the kobolds attacking the Ranger.

SirNoobalot
SirNoobalot
22,207 posts
Nomad

Scratch drawing my sword, just RUN!

Nimble feet are nimble.

Hypermnestra
Hypermnestra
26,390 posts
Nomad

I'll run to help the ranger.

DesertHyena
DesertHyena
2,886 posts
Peasant

OK.

(Turn 3)(sound of dice rolling)Lotton uses his &quotointy things" to "tie down" the kobold he captured, then moves to help the Ranger. The Kobolds and Toads attack the ranger before he runs away, 2 kobolds and 1 Toad hit, doing a combined damage of 11!(ouch), knocking the Ranger out. Help arrives next turn, but the ranger and wizard are out and the Ranger is bleeding to death.

(Turn 4)(same actions as before, sound of dice rolling)

The Rogue gets to the kobolds and manages to sneak attack one of them, but is SPOTTED! the Barbarian and Paladin are in Heavier armor, so they get there next turn. The Kobolds attack the Rogue and 2 hit, dealing 3 damage. the toads miss.

What are you going to do now?

SirNoobalot
SirNoobalot
22,207 posts
Nomad

*ppsssttt*

kill the mounted Kobolds and the Toads are nullified/useless.

Showing 241-255 of 46375