ForumsNews and Feedbackprogrammer benefits

24 7087
KyahcoSukaimasutae
KyahcoSukaimasutae
311 posts
Nomad

well i was thinking we give tons to the player and the users of the site. but we give nothing but 20 AP to the game Develpor who spense hour and hours every day for posably even a mouth or so makeing a game and has to put a lot ove work in to it plus usally has to pay a lot of money for the programmer and even maybe for lessons and has to ether way learn a new langguae practily to make any of the games on this site. sherh it is very fun to do so and to see people play your game but we seem to almost "neglekt" the people that make this site even have games. if we could some who make this site at lest a little more more programmer friendly and give them (or us i geuss) more to want to make games for this site more because it is fun and benefits you to give a game to this site in comparison to others and make this a abode for players and programmers alike. because with out them this site would be a stick in the sand or boring! (well this comminety is wonderfull )

how to do this is hard and it seem like would get more people sending bad quality games but it would make more people that give better quilty come to the site! we have to programing part of the forum (it is not much but it does.) meybe makeing that better and when the clans/groups are made (if they are) some groups for the programers.
but meybe a title like the mods/adms do that says &quotrogramer" or "game developer" and for the real employs of AG "AG progammer/Game developer" or some thing. plus better acses to some things like AGI and so just things to make it easyer to program for AG or some thing. I don;t now realy but some thing but some thing.
(sorry for any bad spelling )

• 24 Replies
domecraft
domecraft
333 posts
Nomad

Or maybe you can points if your game is played a certain number of times. OR if you get a certain amount of posts. OR if you submit a certain number of games

arceus1234
arceus1234
13 posts
Nomad

Games are what makes up AG! People who submit games should get more points. I could get 20 AP in 2 minutes if i tried.

Ghgt99
Ghgt99
1,894 posts
Nomad

Some people do this as a hobby, if you work for AG you get quite a good salary, I looked it up. And I think if people want more AP then too bad. Earn it!

KyahcoSukaimasutae
KyahcoSukaimasutae
311 posts
Nomad

Some people do this as a hobby, if you work for AG you get quite a good salary, I looked it up. And I think if people want more AP then too bad. Earn it!

Ghgt99, yes it is a hobby as i and others get lots of fun (and frustration ) out of it. yes, AG employes get a good salary, i was talking more about those who ar not. the "AG worker" thing was a addition to the idea. i don't think you understand the prosess of makeing a game it IS earning it, i am not talking about more points as much as comminity so. i don't care how many piont i or others get it is just when you spend the countless hours to make it all it seem you get back are 20 AP and a lot of "good games" comments (that will be fixed just saying), and a small the comminity.
just more things for the programer(AG worker or not) in genral. i don't realy know exactly what, but that is why i made this topic.
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

Not sure if the AG developers or the foreign developers are interested in AP. Purely opinionated, but to me, AP is for normal users and is slightly competitive. I think achievements would look nice on their record though.

Achievements such as submitting X amount of games, having a submitted game that got a 6,7,8,9, and even 10/10 that holds over a week, having a submitted game get 1M plays, so on and so forth.

KyahcoSukaimasutae
KyahcoSukaimasutae
311 posts
Nomad

Not sure if the AG developers or the foreign developers are interested in AP. Purely opinionated, but to me, AP is for normal users and is slightly competitive. I think achievements would look nice on their record though.

yes i completly agree! AP is not what i am talking about, if you gave me 0 . but developers can still be "normal" AG members.

Achievements such as submitting X amount of games, having a submitted game that got a 6,7,8,9, and even 10/10 that holds over a week, having a submitted game get 1M plays, so on and so forth.

hey, good idea. thanks frank! that is the type of thing i am talk'in about.
Kevin4762
Kevin4762
2,421 posts
Nomad

I think for submitting a game you should get 500 AP. The amount of lines of code you need to do to make a game is far more than 20 posts.

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Most of the bigger developers get paid for the games, and they don't really care for the AP, considering this is just one more place to advertise their games.

However, a much more needed issue to fix would be the "Moderator benefits"!!
/La

chickenpoper
chickenpoper
4 posts
Nomad

I'm not a skilled enough programmer yet as that I need more knowledge in the string department(I understand calculator program language and typical regular computer programing)I hope to receive further training as I am self taught

KyahcoSukaimasutae
KyahcoSukaimasutae
311 posts
Nomad

Yes. I know it is more than commen nolage that evelopers don'what AP I again agree. it is not AP I am talking about. More like the stuff frank made up.

And about mod benefets well I agree but they already have some, but more is always better!but that is another topic.but think that is already a topic but IDK

Ghgt99
Ghgt99
1,894 posts
Nomad

Would you want someone like John who has made like 150 games to have 75000 AP so even firetail_madness would be left in the dust????

Louissi
Louissi
66 posts
Peasant

I make games for Armor Games. I am making part of the content on the site and it would be nice to gain some points for that. Since we work so hard, we don't have time to post or review a lot of games and we are put behind other members that just come and play. I think we should get a little more points from our games. Or maybe like 500 points for 500,000 plays or something. That way, the best developers could at least keep up with the members.

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Well that does introduce a new perspective to things.

Thing is, when AG v3 comes in the system won't be AP, it'll be more "karma" based. Perhaps positive ratings of games also brings positive karma, or points are added for a user adding it to their favourites, or something like that?

Ghgt99
Ghgt99
1,894 posts
Nomad

Yeah, I agree with Louissi, 500 for something monumental like that, but not just for making the game.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

John says people submitting games should get even LESS points than they currently do. Please view his profile and leave him feedback with your thoughts. ;o)

Showing 1-15 of 24