The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsGamesGeneral Exit Path 1&2 Discussion

2838 803751
Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

Welcome all Exit Pathers! This is a designated topic to have all types of convos about Exit Path. One of the purposes of this topic is to keep all conversational-type comments away from the game comments and have them here.

Pass the word around!

Thanks guys

• 2,838 Replies
KentyBK
KentyBK
566 posts
Nomad

Matrix, my point was infinitely more important than you bawwing about being called hacker =[

And yet, you won't actually respond to other points or think of a better solution. Banning people is good and all, but they'll just play on guest accounts or ban-jump.

KentyBK, please tell me if you felt you had an enlightening discussion and had fun =P

I felt I had an enlightening discussion and had fun =P

Sometimes I get the feeling you people think I do this to vent my INTERWEBS-RAEG. If there were any discussions that are actually interesting, I wouldn't need to just rant on this thread only.

I myself have been thinking on the topic of some kind of battle/combat on Exit Path, and after reading the posts here, I agree with the side that says that battle would be bad, but I have a suggesstion. If you want to battle, you should make TWO versions of Exit Path, one like the normal Exit Path, and one with battle.
The battle could compose of using flair to hit/kill the other players/AI (like the gun flair that actually shoots), or have something where people only jump on each other, like Mario.

PVP in Exit Path is a bad idea period. This ain't Mario Kart you know.

Making TWO versions is an even worse idea for more than one reason.

These battles could take place in a closed place, like an arena, where the only goal is to kill people.

So basically, you want to completely change how the game is played? o.0

No.Just no. The only additions that the game needs, are additions to it's racing gameplay (like actually making Double Jumping a normal game feature).

I agree. Those additions would be COOL, but the flame throwers might be a problem because our faceless players do not have health bars, and flame throwers cause hurt over time, unless you would be killed instantly. The guns would, unfortunately, be exactly like the lasers, but variation is good. You could have them placed like the shooting spikes if you wanted.

1.Guest_Troll notices EP2 has guns.
2.Guest_Troll notices he can kill people with those guns
3.Guest_Troll waits at the end of a narrow hallway/gun spawnpoint
4.Guest_Troll shoots everyone instead of racing.
5.Problem?

None of you realise the same people you complained about before, will just use those features to piss people off. Not to mention adding weapons feels like even more pointless bloat.

I heard on John's site that he will be adding ESCELATORS. Yes, ESCELATORS.

Call me crazy, but I don't like that idea. Escalators aren't exactly the first thing I think of, when I think of speed.

Of course, if you use the "slowness" of escalators for level design, I can see some interesting possibilities.

As for enemies, I tend towards no, simply because I see them working strange in Multiplayer races. And if they don't have AI, they are just jumping hazards, which defeats the point of them being enemies (you could use axes instead).
Malkoir
Malkoir
156 posts
Nomad

Exit Path has been near perfect all along. The reason why it works is because its sheer simplicity.

Hotfire
Hotfire
10 posts
Nomad

Malkoir

I couldn't agree with you more. Simplicity makes this game great. Sometimes i'd rather play EP (flash game) than my Xbox360. People are talking about all kind of changes, whatever, i just want some fresh levels.

John
John
344 posts
Nomad

And that's been my goal all along at well. I'm introducing enough new stuff to keep things fresh but I don't want to create an overcomplicated mess so I've been really careful on what goes in.

MachineofLight
MachineofLight
317 posts
Blacksmith

Cool cant wait till EP2 whooooo!!!

GhostofTech
GhostofTech
10 posts
Peasant

In Exit Path 2 is there going to be flow.

jackoo8080
jackoo8080
452 posts
Nomad

In Exit Path 2 is there going to be flow.
Obviously, lol, and I heard that the flow can't be tapped anymore, I forgot how it's going to work in EP2.
jackoo8080
jackoo8080
452 posts
Nomad

Dude, you just said that Exit Path battling would be bad 3 times already, and you said that an Exit Path battle version would be nice or something like and you said that Exit Path battle would be interesting in the second post. And now you say that it would be really bad.

jackoo8080
jackoo8080
452 posts
Nomad

IM PARADOXICAL! I changed my mind, happy?
Calm down.. just sayin, didn't know you changed your mind.
New topic?
Okay, lets talk about shortcuts that might be in EP2. Or some new ones like rawwr came up with ^^.
epicness
epicness
349 posts
Nomad

Enemies would be an interesting addition

uh it would be "infinitly" retarded if there was enemies in ep2...for 1 reason it would take weeks maybe months to introduce it into the game and i dont think any1 would want to wait any longer for it :P
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

I heard that the flow can't be tapped anymore

So it's going to be you press it then it stays like that until it goes away? I don't like that at all.
rawwr123
rawwr123
288 posts
Nomad

ghostofmatrix, probably he'll just put a cooldown on the flow bar so u cant just tap it reapeatedly

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,340 posts
Farmer

im not sure how it will work but i dont think it will be like that matrix. i also heard that there will be 2 level of flow so it would be better to sometimes wait until you reach the second level. i guess we just have to wait and see. or you could go to johns site (or a comment in this section. i cant remember where he said that) and look yourself

John
John
344 posts
Nomad

2 flow levels with cooldown at this point, this may change.

jackoo8080
jackoo8080
452 posts
Nomad

OK. I never did flow-tap.
You said that twice again. Just say something once, it's like when someone says "We already heard you! Don't need to say it again"
Showing 1666-1680 of 2838