ForumsGamesWASD vs Arrow Keys

537 164963
silvermoon123
silvermoon123
855 posts
Nomad

Do you use WASD or the arrow keys? Why is WASD even an option? Why are arrow keys so superior? Questions like these and more can be posted here, as well as lots of answers! Give your opinion on these basic movement controls below!

• 537 Replies
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

wsad when you need to use the mouse for something. lets say aiming. then you can put the other (fast) keys around wsad.

if you dont have to use your mouse then arrow keys are better because you can use 1 hand for buttons 1 hand on arrows.

come to think of it wsad ony if you use the mouse on the right. if you use the moust on the left ten arrows is easyer for 2nd hand and if you use the numpad you can still put fast keys around it.

0novanta
0novanta
5 posts
Peasant

Now I prefer WASD, in flash games or other games but I prefer arrow keys in cars games.

partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

WASD keys are superior since it has more opportunities with the combination of keys available, and are popular with first person shooters, MMOs, and the like,

many games have the option to change it to numpad for people who use the mouse in their left hand.
GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
890 posts
Nomad

I usually use arrow keys, if a game has 'WASD' only, I tend to avoid playing it, since I find it hard to use, for whatever reason.

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

I like the arrow keys... It feels nore natural when you're using your left hand and a mouse, and i'm also a righty :P

Clancy12
Clancy12
6,400 posts
Lord

I ALWAYS use WASD unless the other controls are z,x,c or something like that. That way one hand is on the mouse. If I ever need to use the arrows, I have to move over to the side to position my hand. When I do that it feels weird, unnatural and it takes quite a while to get used to it.

kim346
kim346
40 posts
Peasant

I personally prefer using WASD, since you have an easier access to other button for other options (Q, E, R, T, G, F, V, etc.) Also, I like my arms far apart.

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

Sorry but whoever uses arrow keys aren't doing it right. I mean even if you're a southpaw it's still kinda strange cause most lefties I know still use the mouse the same as a righty.

WASD makes it a more comfortable play style especially since every other key is near each other, while the arrow keys are far from everything. Usually if you do use the arrow keys, you would probably have to change all the default keys as well.

So WASD for me every day..

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

Oh btw, sorry for double post but.. The only way arrow keys are superior in my opinion is when there is no mouse involved, or little to no mouse use. Games where you use arrow keys and spacebar only are where arrow keys get used most.

canada24
canada24
12 posts
Nomad

well i am ambidextrous so its actualy a really hard question but when i way the facts I will say probably arrow keys

bigjacob
bigjacob
578 posts
Farmer

I use both. I can play just as well with my right or left hand, though I am not ambidextrous.

doomagedonn
doomagedonn
14 posts
Nomad

i use arrow keys as it is more comfortable but i a still good with WASD since i get injeryes on my right hand+arm a lot

i think wasd is an option for left handers or injured people

arrows are supiorer because they are awesome

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

i think wasd is an option for left handers or injured people

...or for serious gamers
0pp
0pp
18 posts
Jester

WASD

Raylene3
Raylene3
12 posts
Nomad

Arrow keys were always more comfortable for me to use. But WASD is used for most games, so it becomes easier with every game I play. (PWI, Binding of Isaac.) Both ways are comfortable to use, so it doesn't make much of a difference which I use.

Showing 421-435 of 537